Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 7:19am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zilent1
    Who is this? Is it the truck driver dude? He looks like a truck driver. Love the splayed arms, like his lats are that big... Maybe he's just been walking around with a wheelbarrow all day.
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 2:14am

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to necro.. but I just found the thread on this and had a relevant experience

I stopped by this gym and considered joining it earlier this summer in the middle of June (Before I found Bullshido and TXMMA)

They asked me if i've had any training..

"my only formal training has been a few years of Kali?"
    "What's that"
    "*sigh* ever seen the bourne identity? yeah. same martial art as in there. stick fighting and stuff."
    "Oh that's great. Well we have a fight team we're forming up. Would you like to try out?"
    "I'd be interested. but depends on my summer schedule, do you mind if I just observe?"
    "Uh. sure."

I watched some plyometric drills. some people crappling on the mats.. the matwork didnt look very impressive or alive.

I came near the end of class so I missed seeing their "Muay Thai" section.

My schedule for the summer ended up being taken over by depression and organic chemistry. (funny how they go together.) so I didnt have time to go back to the gym..

Good thing I never did.
    I just recently joined Espicuerta's Southeast Asian Academy of Martial Arts instead actually. They seem to have a good record at the Dallas Fight Night.

Does Arlington MMA compete with Janjira, SE Academy, Lions Den and the other big MMA schools around the DFW?

but
    I feel bad..

two of my friends are on that fight team and on the webpage.

How should I break this news to them?

edit: just read second half of the thread.. so apparently this was a very poorly done investigation initial post... actually the worst I've ever seen. Even my weak first investigation post(Layn Von Erich) was done much better.

but Panam found some bullshido after all..

So any verdict on this place yet? cuz I'd like to give my friends a heads up if they are wasting their time.
    Last edited by variance; 10/24/2007 2:34am at . Reason: apologize for necro

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 11:30am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,Boxing,Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell them to go to Bushido in Arlington or Southside MMA. If Tiger Clay can fill a gym with drones anyone else can. If your guys want legit trainers in their neighborhoods check the 2 schools I listed.

*SE Asian Academy is a legit school*

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 12:44pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PanAmSilver
    Freddy looked good in his HDNet fight. And he is a pretty good guy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 1:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I DIDNT READ THE whole thread but, no omega, nyguen can't sue (well he can try) for libel or defamation ( which is a broader catagory in which libel falls under) unless he can prove 4 things, the defamatory statement(which he can), falseness (which if hes a fraud he cant), that its communicated, and injury (his rep). In a civil case its' the plaintiff's job to prove these 4 elements to win, not the defendants job to prove it true. So if what the poster is saying is true he is safe from getting sued, although legal cost and stuff is another story
    Last edited by DaBomb; 10/24/2007 2:06pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 2:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol and in the future just say your statement is an opinion, cant sue for that :)

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 2:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBomb
    I DIDNT READ THE whole thread but, no omega, nyguen can't sue (well he can try) for libel or defamation ( which is a broader catagory in which libel falls under) unless he can prove 4 things the defamatory statement(which he can), falseness (which if hes a fraud he cant), that its communicated, and injury (his rep). In a civil case its' the plaintiff's job to prove these 4 elements to win, not the defendants job to prove it true. So if what the poster is saying is true he is safe from getting sued, although legal cost and stuff is another story
    He can sue.

See you are doing what most people do (myself included), mixing him winning with what he can do.

Yes, it is silly semantics.

He probably won't be able to prove it in court. Still fighting it will cost money which is why Omega and others warn people.

Before you ask yes, it has happened. Yes, other places have these problems.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 6:15pm

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PanAmSilver
    Tell them to go to Bushido in Arlington or Southside MMA. If Tiger Clay can fill a gym with drones anyone else can. If your guys want legit trainers in their neighborhoods check the 2 schools I listed.

Hm. I don't know if It's the best thing to be all like
    Hey your MMA academy sucks. It's fake. The guy isn't legit.

They might not be open to suggestions after that..
    ah well.. I guess its like trying to get chunners or aikidoka to actually spar.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    He can sue.

See you are doing what most people do (myself included), mixing him winning with what he can do.

Yes, it is silly semantics.

He probably won't be able to prove it in court. Still fighting it will cost money which is why Omega and others warn people.

Before you ask yes, it has happened. Yes, other places have these problems.
    Guy above me is 100% correct.

Please see what the RIAA and MPAA are doing
    They are suing people with no real proof they actually downloaded anything. (Seriously. It's been demonstrated in court their evidence is bullshit.)

but people pay the "Protection money" because they don't want to have to fight it out in court. If you choose to fight it out. The RIAA will drag it out as long as they want simply because they can.

It's called a "War of Attrition"
    You don't have to actually win. just make the other guy suffer and lose so much he might have as well lost the case.

Pyhrric victories are just as bad as defeats.

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 2:06am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Seidokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Daaaamn!
    Last edited by seidokan; 10/25/2007 2:30am at .
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast