Sponsored Links Spacer Image

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/06/2006 1:28am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if your buddy is working 5-6 days a week, 12 hours a week, and hasnt got **** left after he pays rent, he needs to look at where hes living. if he cant afford to live there he should move. also, get a better fucking job, it cant be THAT hard to find a job which pays more (although since he is baos friend...)

Destroyer of Worlds

Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand (orig from Melb, Aust)

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 6:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The tags on this thread made my day (it was a pretty lame day)

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 10:33am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He should take meth like his hillbilly thread-posting friends.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 10:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bao.

The only thing for your friend to do is to find another job. One less physically demanding. I've done more than my fair share of manual labour work within the construction industry. After a full day of digging and carring gyprock sheets up 5 flights of staris your exhuasted. The last thing you can do is go to training.

Tell your friend to get an office job or something without heavy manual labour. It really is the only way. That way he can still work during the day and have enough energy to train at night.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 11:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah i remember my (short) tenure as a labourer. pay was alright but **** me, carrying 20 sheets of gib board up a flight of 3 stairs is a motherfucking mission. although not as bad for the nerves as screwing a sign back on the outside of a 5 storey building in a fucking gale (guess why it was loose).

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 11:44pm

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cooking skills paid my billz through college. Nice restraunts pay more, but you generally wont make more than $13-15/hr if youve got basic line skills. Plus, the added bonus is its shift so there arent 12 hour days usually.

You could even start as dish washer and work up to kitchen staff in some rest. 8.50 for washing dishes sounds a hell of a lot better than 12 hours of running after a cart. maybe try bakeries too. donut shops have third shifts sometimes starting at 10 an hour and its just add ingredients in bowl and mix, then bake. So if you're not a total nunce it should be easy.
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 11:45pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    yeah i remember my (short) tenure as a labourer. pay was alright but **** me, carrying 20 sheets of gib board up a flight of 3 stairs is a motherfucking mission. although not as bad for the nerves as screwing a sign back on the outside of a 5 storey building in a fucking gale (guess why it was loose).

Ooooooooooo yeeaah.

Been there, done that. It is not nice.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2006 12:38am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm paying my way through with retail. Although i only make 7.50, I still find time to train, and goto school, and take law enforcement/secondary education tests. I don't know how it is where you live but here, the best possible job you can get without any degree is being a Corrections Officer. Its about as mind numbing as his job, and he can get paid hell of a lot more.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    8/14/2006 12:56am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he did the work and treated people right, he could do a lot better than that waiting tables.
    Even at that, his job pays him roughly $2200 per month before taxes ($8.50x50x2+$8.50x60x2) Illinois has a 5% income tax or something like that, his federal (not worth mentioning) and all the assorted BS. Let's go crazy and say he takes home only 85% of his pay. He's taking home around $1800-$1900 per month.
    3/4 of $1800 is $1320 per month for rent. Where does he live, downtown St. Louis? Around here, (remember this is only an hour north of you) I could rent the house down the street with three bedrooms and 1.5 baths for $350 per month. It's not a palace but it's more than enough for a kid by himself. Apartments are much cheaper.

"Your friend" (by which I mean you) is just going to have to stop whining and do something to make his life better.

By the way, are you going to the St. Louis Throwdown in Belleville? You know you want to. I'll pick you up at 8:00 a.m. We'll go to the gun show first; it'll put hair on your chest.

Posted On:
    8/14/2006 1:18am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don, is that you in your avatar ?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast