Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 8:04am

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I totally approve of ANY situation where kids can beat each other. Builds character, it does.

And I'll take that commendation, thank you. It'll come in handy when my boards come up. :icon_salu

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 8:12am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The second video was great intensity but they need some qualified reffing. Pride doesn't even let Pros take beatings like that.

Also, was that mostly children? They were really skinny and its hard to tell age with the masks.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 8:32am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the participants aren't old/big enough to hurt each other punching... but elbows to the back of the head, neck, and spine are slightly different.

and the ref... i'm wondering if he was really just a timekeeper. no visible attempt to stop at lack of intelligent defense (insert wing chun joke here), and the part where the guy was getting kicked while outside the ring or trying to get through the ropes was a bit off. it could just be the editing, but man.

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 12:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now why did it take a non-Chunner to post some hard contact WC? Is it because it's not the REAL Ing Un?

Also, I agree with the reffing point. Kneeing a guy in the head as he steps through the ropes is just dumb.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 4:34pm

Style: Wrestling/ Knee Injury

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, someone covering up their head with their hands and praying is NOT defending himself. However, they DID appear to be going to full speed, and that kicks ass. "BUT DEY CAn'T RIGGGHAND!" almost made me tear up too, which is a fact.

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 6:39pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF was with the down elbow spikes to the back of the head and the guy who threw a kick through the ropes at his opponent?

To that I say "HOLY ****! HOLY ****! ECW! ECW!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 8:22pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah a real lack of safe methodology and good sportsmanship was lacking from time to time. Probably this is part of a culture which evolves with full resistance.

What I liked is they seem to have learned more applicable stuff from watching MMA ie. clinches with knees, hooks, haymakers, gnp etc. I didnt see an inch punch.
    Last edited by Lefty; 8/04/2006 8:25pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2006 3:03am

Style: Krav Maga, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Second vid... the only thing that looked like ing un was the stances at the beginning. After first contact it was go- for-what-you- know fu.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    8/05/2006 11:04am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Although it was kind of sloppy as some said(bad MMA), remember that these guys aren't trying to be ring fighters but are using ring fighting raining technique to learn the art. For fighting on deadly streets i think they did good by going full speed and FORWARD. They did not feel each other out or test range with some jabs like you may do in a ring.

Now of course sport fighting is great blah blah blah, but for the TMA looking for straight SD who hate the dirty sport fighters, this full contact explosive sparring seems great.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2006 12:44pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by schadenfreude
    Second vid... the only thing that looked like ing un was the stances at the beginning. After first contact it was go- for-what-you- know fu.
    Let us be real people. Not many people can fight using a learned fighting style and look like they know something. There are many factors that sometimes get in the way. This isn't the movies or ground-fighting were it is possible to look like you know something. This is stand-up were unless your fighting someone who isn't on your level, your going to look sloppy.
    Case to prove my point, these guys don't look all that great at times, yet they in my opinion are nice at what they do. At times it just looks like their just swinging a stick. At other times they look like they'll split your skull with one or two blows.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast