OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 5:22pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, but their version is 100x harder.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 5:31pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    That's the most ridiculous, stupidest **** I've ever heard.

My instructor made me sign a waiver, but I'm pretty sure he will never put me or the other students under unnecessary harm. There is harm inherent in MA training, and that's accepted. But there is a difference between acceptable risk and recklessness.

Also, consider the following: that student has medical insurance. Fine, I'm pretty sure he would get covered if the blade were to had hit him on his shoulder or arm. But think about it. A cut like that, with that type of weapon, with that type of force, cutting in that area would produce massive blood loss, massive enough to become letal in a manner of minutes. Is that type of risk acceptable for testing whether he can dodge such an attack?

I'd rather get wacked or, worse, have my clavicle broken with a wooden/plastic sword or a rattan stick than to get sliced with a sword. If I can move fast enough to avoid a stick, I can also dodge the sword.

And let's assume in case of an accident the student doesn't bleed to death like a pig in a manner of minutes. What about permanent tissue and nerve damage? What the **** is having health insurance good if you become crippled permanently?

Or maybe I'm wrong. I have an electric handsaw at home. I'm going to test my agility by putting the handsaw on my balls. And just at the moment of contact I'm going to pull my balls in and lift my dick.

If I fail, who cares, I have medical insurance!!!! I'm the king of retards!!! Bow to me, you bitches!!!! :icon_salu
    Thank you, you officially have become my hero of the week. It doesn't come with much of an award save the fact that I will probably use some of the above as my sig.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 5:35pm

Style: WC,JJ,Kenju,C.BoxN,ElboNe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    Yes, but their version is 100x harder.
    True, true...takes more energy too

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 11:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hence the if in if you could make it work. Although some of them aren't teh total bullshit.
    Last edited by mrblackmagic; 8/05/2006 12:07am at .
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2010 9:37pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know I'm raising a reeeeeeaaally old thread, but I do have some inside info on QJJ.

One of their instructors, 'Sensei' Cory Wimberly went to Penn State with me and was the head instructor of the Penn State QJJ while I was the captain of the PSU Judo Team.

First off, I fucking HATE that guy.

Now the backstory:

Wimberly came in to PSU Judo back in my sophomore year, which woulda been around the winter of 98-99. I was a new green belt then. Like all newbies, he was put through the wringer. PSU Judo gets alot of wanna-bes and we put them through a few tough practices to see if they can hack it.

Wimberly decided he could not and quit. I randori'd with him a few times and had no problem throwing him or tapping him out.

Lo & behold, a few months later, he reemerges with a shiny new black belt and the title of 'Sensei'. He then proceeds to email PSU Judo Coach Hachiro Oishi (who is also the Intramural Building Coordinator) to TELL Oishi what times he'll be requiring for his practice sessions and signs it 'Sensei Wimberly'. Oishi was kind enough to show me the email so we could both have a good laugh before he deleted it.

After our lifting sessions, we would often watch the QJJ kids practice. It was hilarious. EVERYTHING was both dramatic and incorrect. Wimberly himself can't even execute a Ippon Seionage without being WAY back on his heels and overly bending at the hips. His technique is TERRIBLE.

Suffice it to say, I hate everything about QJJ and wish them the most painful death imaginable. I've gone so far as to personally email all QJJ instructors to issue a grappling/MMA challenge, but I've not received any response.

Their style is complete and utter garbage and has little, if any, redeeming qualities. Yet they go about preaching that they teach 'teh deadly'.

**** QJJ.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 12:25am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The first thing that comes to mind when I see the QJJ video is ju jutsu duo:

YouTube- Ju Jutsu European Championship Duo

i.e. what's the flashiest sequence of moves you can do on a compliant partner?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 4:44pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho View Post
    [...]

Or maybe I'm wrong. I have an electric handsaw at home. I'm going to test my agility by putting the handsaw on my balls. And just at the moment of contact I'm going to pull my balls in and lift my dick.

If I fail, who cares, I have medical insurance!!!! I'm the king of retards!!! Bow to me, you bitches!!!! :icon_salu
    magnificent!

Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine View Post
    Thank you, you officially have become my hero of the week. It doesn't come with much of an award save the fact that I will probably use some of the above as my sig.
    same here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2010 4:45pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So after a bit more digging, I've come to find out that the QJJ program at Penn State has been kicked off campus & disbanded by the Penn State Clubs Sports Program. (Which is a HUGE personal relief.)

They attempted to reorganize and masquerade as the Penn State Jiu Jitsu Club, but that too was shut down.

Their most recent head instructor, Dave Light now teaches BJJ as a Purple Belt at Central Pennsylvania Academy of Mixed Martial Arts, also located in State College. I've heard they (CPAMMA) are a decent group of guys who train pretty hard.

Prior to finding out about the demise of QJJ, I emailed Dave Light and issued a MMA/Grappling challenge to him or one of his QJJ students. He initially indicated he would accept, but since has ceased correspondence.

Methinks he googled my name and tucked tail.

I still HATE those QJJ guys.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2010 9:34am

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, at least they are gone from campus then :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2010 9:20pm

Style: Shotokan & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know it's funny. When I was looking at colleges (had to have been 1999), I checked out the main PSU campus in State College. While I was waiting for the orientation session to begin, they had some yearbook type bound volumes on the desk. Now that I hear the name, I swear I remember seeing a picture of the Quantum Jiu-Jitsu club in the book. There were quite a few people in the photo.

Pretty wack. I had to wait until grad school at Indiana University, but at least there was a nice BJJ club there.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456