221383 Bullies, 3843 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    8/03/2006 10:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    Fixed.

Their demo consisted entirely of flash. No substance. No sparring, which is the most important thing. Does boxing look pretty? Wrestling? No, but they work.

There is nothing to prove in using a live blade in a grappling art. You don't have to bake a cake to get your English degree, why should you play around with a sword for a grappling belt?

Not to mention THERE WAS NO SPARRING YOU FUCKING **** HEAD!! If they want to be hardcore, why don't they spar? All I saw was flash, followed by "look, I can dodge a sword!"

Awesome.
    Who said that sparring was a requirement in a demo video?
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2006 10:58pm

Style: JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Poop Loops, you can come give me your big cock anyday.... if you want to choke on mine first.

here is another one of their vids showing some of their other training. I'm not defending what they do, just saying your awful fucking whiney when they don't seem to be making any false claims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PJJXq0KDtk

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    8/03/2006 11:17pm

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theardri
    WTF? As a scientist (Chemist admitedly...) when I see something labled Quantum, I think of (a) Star Trek bullshite fantasy science or (b) boy someone really is trying to sucker some one in.

Then again quantum MA basically would be the belt systems. You can't be a green belt AND a black belt (in the same style) thus they are quantised...
    "In a popular New Age magazine, Jasmuheen
    (1988a:36) tells us that “[p]rana is the energy of the
    quantum field, [and that] religions call it the God
    Force.” Elsewhere, Jasmuheen talks about the
    “quantum void” (1988b:42) and “pure God force
    energy” (1988c:34) in similar terms. If we find the
    correct ‘tuning’ of this quantum energy, we may “find
    the right formula that allows…life to work to a degree
    where telepathy, self-healing, living on light etc
    becomes part of [our] everyday reality” (Jasmuheen,
    1988a:36) For the sake of later discussion, where
    Jasmuheen writes ‘living on light’, she means that the
    ‘quantum pranic energy’ will nourish us. Put another
    way, Jasmuheen tells us that we do not need to eat.
    She also claims she has not eaten a proper meal in six
    years."
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 3:12am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, she definatly hasn't had a good meal in a while. Only a starved lunatic would come up with such things.

Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Who said that sparring was a requirement in a demo video?
    If you're advertising that you're teaching people how to fight, you should show those consumers your product, yes? If I see a guy advertising his knives (martial art), but he uses a different knife to demonstrate how things are cut (he uses compliant partners to demonstrate what it should look like), I get pissed and start throwing things (like with my arms, yo).

Quote Originally Posted by ItOnlyHurtsOnce
    Poop Loops, you can come give me your big cock anyday.... if you want to choke on mine first.
    My cock's bigger than yours, so shut up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 4:22am

Style: No time for training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha, great video. It takes about 1.5 seconds to setup every throw he makes, what a great martial arts demonstration.

What kind of retard doesn't move for that amount of time if someone is holding your arm?

Seriously, that was really, really dumb!

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 8:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was very Tekken. It would make great crowd pleasers if you could train them to work.
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 10:37am

Style: Combatives Pankration BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    "In a popular New Age magazine, Jasmuheen
    (1988a:36) tells us that “[p]rana is the energy of the
    quantum field, [and that] religions call it the God
    Force.” Elsewhere, Jasmuheen talks about the
    “quantum void” (1988b:42) and “pure God force
    energy” (1988c:34) in similar terms. If we find the
    correct ‘tuning’ of this quantum energy, we may “find
    the right formula that allows…life to work to a degree
    where telepathy, self-healing, living on light etc
    becomes part of [our] everyday reality” (Jasmuheen,
    1988a:36) For the sake of later discussion, where
    Jasmuheen writes ‘living on light’, she means that the
    ‘quantum pranic energy’ will nourish us. Put another
    way, Jasmuheen tells us that we do not need to eat.
    She also claims she has not eaten a proper meal in six
    years."
    Well if they followed tht we do not need to worry about them anymore ;)

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 11:07am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhistate
    Wait a minute. Finally, an example of someone NOT fucking around using a plastic sword, and you give him ****? Dangerous, yeah, but DUH. It's SUPPOSED to be risky! For ****'s sake.
    People that are fucking around with a plastic sword are fucking around not because they use a plastic sword, but because they are basically fucking around.

What exactly did this real sword **** proved? Nothing other than a lack of brains. The same test could have been done with a wooden or plastic sword IMO because the test was about the student's reflexes and ability to avoid the sword attack.

And unless there is some magnetic field between the metal in the sword and the metals that make up a good part of our internal plumbing (you know, blood and tissue and **** like that), I don't see how the testing of this man's skills and the man's skills themselves are dependent to the material of the sword being used.

Shivers went down my spine watching that absofuckinglutely amazing demonstration of dangerous mental retardation.

If there is a reason why you don't give knives to little children, intoxicated folks and retards, that clip is.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 11:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, the tai-otoshi-like throw transitioning into armbar around 0:56 looks sweet. The vidclip is badass, but it really conveys the wrong message. Nobody sticks his arms and becomes a paralized, lifeless, botox-injected, retard zombie while the attacker goes ape performing an acrobatic maneouver.

A lot of that stuff in the clip should be possible to be done against a resisting opponent. And that's the only thing missing in this clusterfuck.

What Poops said on the blade and the lack of sparring, too.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 11:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhistate
    As for the insurance policy point, most policies include coverage for loss of limb/life. If he's got insurance, and the person signed a waiver, he has a case to defend himself in course should he be sued, and the insurance company will pay out. That's what it's for.
    That's the most ridiculous, stupidest **** I've ever heard.

My instructor made me sign a waiver, but I'm pretty sure he will never put me or the other students under unnecessary harm. There is harm inherent in MA training, and that's accepted. But there is a difference between acceptable risk and recklessness.

Also, consider the following: that student has medical insurance. Fine, I'm pretty sure he would get covered if the blade were to had hit him on his shoulder or arm. But think about it. A cut like that, with that type of weapon, with that type of force, cutting in that area would produce massive blood loss, massive enough to become letal in a manner of minutes. Is that type of risk acceptable for testing whether he can dodge such an attack?

I'd rather get wacked or, worse, have my clavicle broken with a wooden/plastic sword or a rattan stick than to get sliced with a sword. If I can move fast enough to avoid a stick, I can also dodge the sword.

And let's assume in case of an accident the student doesn't bleed to death like a pig in a manner of minutes. What about permanent tissue and nerve damage? What the **** is having health insurance good if you become crippled permanently?

Or maybe I'm wrong. I have an electric handsaw at home. I'm going to test my agility by putting the handsaw on my balls. And just at the moment of contact I'm going to pull my balls in and lift my dick.

If I fail, who cares, I have medical insurance!!!! I'm the king of retards!!! Bow to me, you bitches!!!! :icon_salu

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast