Sponsored Links Spacer Image

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    8/03/2006 1:49pm

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"Quantum" Jujitsu? Huh? (video)

I said to myelf, okay, this is jujitsu, maybe I'll see something interesting or entertaining. What I ended up seeing from this "quantum Jujitsu," however, was just confusing.

Have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXqzdlbSXhI

For one reason or another, the whole thing reminded me of an Aikido demonstration (compliant attacker, overly complex movements, etc.). Is Sensei Jeremy Corbell (http://www.quantumjujitsu.com) just branching out to the young, acrobatics inclined market, or is this just complete crap? Or am I just unaware of the au batido movement in jujitsu?

Posted On:
    8/03/2006 1:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate (long time ago)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha ha I'm no expert on this kinda thing but I'd say hes been watching too many Jet Li or Tony Jaa movies. I'll admit it looks cool and I'm sure we'd all like to be able to do it to impress our mates but I can never see the real value of something like this in an actual fight or aggressive situation. Lets face it most trained fighters know not to risk high kicks in a real fight let alone to do a one armed hand stand so you can kick them in the back of the head :)
    I think the most important point is when u mention a compliant attacker. The guy with the black trainers that gets throw is so obviously throwing himself and the fake little pain "sell" at the end just screams WWE.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/03/2006 1:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by airman kai
    I said to myelf, okay, this is jujitsu, maybe I'll see something interesting or entertaining. What I ended up seeing from this "quantum Jujitsu," however, was just confusing.

Have a look.

For one reason or another, the whole thing reminded me of an Aikido demonstration (compliant attacker, overly complex movements, etc.). Is Sensei Jeremy Corbell (http://www.quantumjujitsu.com) just branching out to the young, acrobatics inclined market, or is this just complete crap? Or am I just unaware of the au batido movement in jujitsu?

I hate these fucking people .... this has been done before but this appears to be NEW VIDEO !!!!!

oh boy ...

XJJ !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    8/03/2006 2:00pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think these guys showed up at the Gracie event held at the Arnold Classic in Columbus in 2004 to compete. I don't know how they did though. I remember them because I recognize the patch. I think their system also had something to do with Yoga, but I could be mistaken.

Posted On:
    8/03/2006 2:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    I think these guys showed up at the Gracie event held at the Arnold Classic in Columbus in 2004 to compete. I don't know how they did though. I remember them because I recognize the patch. I think their system also had something to do with Yoga, but I could be mistaken.
    Yah, there's a page on "Warrior Yoga."

From the page:
    WARRIOR YOGA is a powerful and dynamic healing exercise. Based on the PRINCIPLES and CONCEPTS of martial arts, this movement meditation is a complete healing arts discipline. WARRIOR YOGA is a physical therapy that focuses equally on balance, strength, and flexibility. Students progress naturally through rhythmically linked postures united with breath, bringing forth a heightened awareness. This potent form of movement meditation promotes purification and union between body, mind, and spirit.
    Warrior Yoga is not a typical fitness program; it was specifically designed and developed for martial artists. Although people of every lifestyle enjoy the benefits of WARRIOR YOGA, as martial artists we require a physical and mental wellness program that directly addresses our needs. This unique form of yoga combines the most powerful aspects of a typical yoga practice, with a motivational philosophy and instructional format that comes directly from the martial arts tradition.
    Riiiiiiight. I think enough's been said.:5arg:

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    8/03/2006 2:22pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah that's them. As soon as I saw warrior yoga, it clicked.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2006 2:25pm

Style: Combatives Pankration BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Have a look.

WTF? As a scientist (Chemist admitedly...) when I see something labled Quantum, I think of (a) Star Trek bullshite fantasy science or (b) boy someone really is trying to sucker some one in.

Then again quantum MA basically would be the belt systems. You can't be a green belt AND a black belt (in the same style) thus they are quantised...

Posted On:
    8/03/2006 2:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theardri
    ...Then again quantum MA basically would be the belt systems. You can't be a green belt AND a black belt (in the same style) thus they are quantised...
    Word. Way to keep it Quantic.:4robot:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2006 2:29pm

Style: Combatives Pankration BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Word. Way to keep it Quantic.:4robot:
    Some one should try that one on them and see if they even know what the hell Quantum is? Sorry it just irks me when some knuckle dragger uses a term to sound (a) Mystic (b) Scientific (when it is not) or (c) to make monies and fleece the stupid.:viking:

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    8/03/2006 2:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I guess this could become the flashy "movie" aspect of grapping. I won't even lie, the flip kneebar was sick!
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast