Sponsored Links Spacer Image

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 2:57pm

supporting member
     Style: SanDa / MMA / Kung-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ouch, too bad for Rahsaan! thanks for the update, sounds like it was a great show.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 6:12pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, it was too bad. I really felt that Rahsaan had prepared well (he comes down to train with me in Sterling, VA from time to time). He was really sharp. But as sharp and prepared as he was, "Little T" was just too much. That kid is pure DYNAMITE! He just seemed a step ahead of Rahsaan the whole fight. As fast as Rahsaan is, Little T is faster. As hard as Rahsaan can hit, Little T hits harder. Rahsaan did get his licks in, though. Unfortunately, it simply wasn't enough.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 9:39am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Will Preap pulled out I believe due to injury before the fights. He is from Boston San Shou.

I don't have the full results yet but, I know Mike Wacker defeated Scott Yockel in the sambo match by triangle sub at 40 seconds or so.

Anthony Argyros defeated Mike Franco in sambo 6-3. It was tied 3-3 unitil Argyros scored a takedown within second of the end of the 10 minute match.

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 12:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khun Kao
    Yeah, it was too bad. I really felt that Rahsaan had prepared well (he comes down to train with me in Sterling, VA from time to time). He was really sharp. But as sharp and prepared as he was, "Little T" was just too much. That kid is pure DYNAMITE! He just seemed a step ahead of Rahsaan the whole fight. As fast as Rahsaan is, Little T is faster. As hard as Rahsaan can hit, Little T hits harder. Rahsaan did get his licks in, though. Unfortunately, it simply wasn't enough.
    I know Rahsaan works hard and has a lot of drive, and i've been happy to see him have some success. Sounds like he ran into a real killer in that weight class, no shame in losing that. I'm sure he'll be training harder and back for more. Hope there are some vids of the fights up sometime.

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 12:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve
    Will Preap pulled out I believe due to injury before the fights. He is from Boston San Shou.

I don't have the full results yet but, I know Mike Wacker defeated Scott Yockel in the sambo match by triangle sub at 40 seconds or so.

Anthony Argyros defeated Mike Franco in sambo 6-3. It was tied 3-3 unitil Argyros scored a takedown within second of the end of the 10 minute match.
    Hi Steve, didnt know Will had pulled out at the last minute, havent talked to him in a while.
    Thanks for the updates. We'll try to make it down for the next show.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 2:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here are some pics from Rahsaan's match with Terence. Rahsaan is wearing the red trunks, Terence is obviously in black trunks.

This was just a slip!!!

Terence was not sticking his tongue out at me, LOL! I snapped the picture as he was about to say something
    Last edited by Khun Kao; 10/24/2006 2:36pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 2:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've really got to give both fighters props. Rahsaan fought really well. He has great hands and good kicks. Terence was just on fire!

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 2:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for posting the pix Khun Kao! Even in these pics you can see Rahsaan had more than his hands full trying to hang with Terence. Big props to both of them!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 3:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the high-lights of my night was meeting "Bad" Brad Burrick, who is a multiple time San Da Champion. He and I have been acquainted for years through websites such as MMA.TV, but this was our 1st opportunity to meet face-to-face....

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 3:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I met Brad a few years ago at the fights in Elizabeth, NJ when he fought my teamate Derrick. Also saw him at Mohegan Sun last year but didnt get a chance to talk to him. He seems like a really cool guy and and he certainly has a lot of talent.
    Did he turn Pro?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast