Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 8:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Popular FMA style..

a) allows you to be an instructor in their style if you just attend two seminars and one private lesson by them.

b) used to teach TKD before suddenly unveiling their "secret family system"

c) the head of the style is such a wimp. They have this really tough image but the guy doesn't like too much contact. for example: gets upset when people he's teaching contact his forearms too much.

d) copied a lot of the technique of their "secret family system" from another FMA style

e) sells overprices training gear

Titan

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 8:36am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I give up..

----------------------------------------------------------
    Now imagine your pain is a white ball of healing light, that's right, your pain, the pain itself is a white ball of healing light....... I don't think so!
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 9:33am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay Hiji Kimi, please spill the beans, who are you talking about?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 11:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "all knife all the time"

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 2:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No way. Everything I've heard up to this point suggests Sayoc Kali is the real deal. You've got something to back this up, right?
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

***ned

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 6:11pm

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want you to give me concrete evidence of all the things listed above. Please.

~
    danny

"That baby better watch his mouth. I rape kids like him as part of my warm-up for raping teenagers, grown men, and eventually charging rhinos." - Boyd

X

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 6:20pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, I have little knowlede of what this stuff is about, nor am I going to take any sides. However, what language is 'Sayoc Kali' supposed to be...

Is 'Sayoc' a Philipino name? If it isn't, then it sure as hell isn't a family style... (doesn't sound like one).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 11:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    go ask some of the old time FMA guys. Ask them who the Sayoc were in the 1970s in New York, before they meet Leo Gaje.

I'm sure Gaje has something to say about their "5 generations old" system.

It's not that hard to find out. If you ask the right people, you'll get the truth.

Some of these stories are from some hardcore FMA guys from Cebu who did some seminars with Chris Sayoc and didn't take long to see the BS.

One guy who washed out of another FMA style was offered the instructor rank, as long as he attended the 2 seminars and one private class. Damn, that easy to be a badass Sayoc knife fighting demon? LOL

I guess the hype and "the hunted" movie messed with the BS detectors of a lot of people. A lot of folks got taken in by the flashy moves and grips. LOL

That Dan Inosanto testimonial doesn't mean much. He's never been to the Philippines anyway.

Mercurius: "Everything I've heard up to this point suggests Sayoc Kali is the real deal". Well I heard otherwise. and from people who are deep into FMA in the Philippines and take it from me, these people know what's real and what isn't.

They're also laughing their heads off at how a lot of foriegners are so gullible. No one over here is going to even think of walking into their FMA class with a Sayoc "rambo" rig on. Those thing make you look like a circus knife thrower or the matadero (butcher) at the palengke (market). Pagtatawanan ka lang (they just laugh at you)

LLL: The Sayoc are originally from Cavite.

some of the best FMA guys in the world are the ones you don't hear about. They're the ones who keep a low profile, even over here, and are only known to the longtime FMA people. And they prefer it that way.

If a fat, 300 pound guy comes out of nowhere, claiming to teach a long hidden knife fighting class, you really think it's real?

If you want to learn knife fighting, go to a FMA class, in any of the major styles. Just make sure the guro isn't some TKD or karate teacher who picked up a few moves on tapes.

***ned

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 11:55pm

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That Dan Inosanto testimonial doesn't mean much. He's never been to the Philippines anyway.
    Heh. :)

~
    danny

"That baby better watch his mouth. I rape kids like him as part of my warm-up for raping teenagers, grown men, and eventually charging rhinos." - Boyd

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 12:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Inosanto is a swedish name isn't it?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast