Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 9:52am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    facts aren't wrong, people are.
    you are using a word to describe things which are not included in the common understanding of the word. It would be like if i were talking about snow but meant heat. So anyway

Weather it is self-hypnosis, chi, ki, a release of hormones, or autokienitic response it does about the same thing.
    Well a rotozip, a sawzall, a hand saw, a knife, etc...all do the same thing but we give them different names in order to account for the way they interact with reality. If everyone just arbitrarily changes societal concepts to fit their own understanding, then the words themselves are without value. When you start relating Ki to adrenal respones and then to self-hypnosis (which i didn't even know existed), you are going far off field. Then you justify this mess by saying "Well this is how i 'feel' about it" As if your feeling had some weight. Well if you concepts are this messed up how can we tell your feelings aren't also.
    You need to get off the post-modern "there is no truth" kick. We know things to be true for the sake of existence. And intelligent raitonal people adjust those beliefs if shown to be false. Rational people don't 'feel' their way through life discounting the statements of others because "Well no one can REALLY know anything". If you look at my initial response. I don't care if you don't know what chi is. I don't even mind chi being mystical. I just can't stand someone trying to justify their own belief system by cramming in as many concepts as possible and then justifying by saying "I FEEL this is the way it is"...

good day, SIR (willy wonka and the chocolate factory)

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    i can do anuything as long as i am surrounded by twenty friends and the berimbau is playing my song
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 11:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just ment I could not prove it satisfactorilly.
    I guess I should have said "I think"

I deny being on a post modern no truth kick. I am not that bad, I was just laying it on a little thick to prove my point.

Using you saw analogy, what I said to be chi would be cutting. Cutting things could be accomplished by any of those tools, And having found something cut it would be hard to identify what cut it.

Is the grizzly, reaper mowing?
    (The only quote I could think of.)

----
    Pseudo science has some science behind it, they just give it funny names.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 12:19pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but when covering so many aspects, the definition becomes useless. like widgets.

"Oh, you should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about"

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    i can do anuything as long as i am surrounded by twenty friends and the berimbau is playing my song
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123