Sponsored Links Spacer Image

X

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 2:58pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but as long as someone just says they feel/believe something, it's OK by me. When/if they start teaching those things to ME, as a FACT... Then asses start to be kicked, usually mentally, but...

And I'm not talking only about chi / martial arts / etc. either...

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 3:00pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but a problem in american society as a whole is this notion of feeling over fact...ooh, ooh, i have feelings.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    i can do anuything as long as i am surrounded by twenty friends and the berimbau is playing my song
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 3:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It may be that what the Chinese called chi is in fact adrenalin, endorphins, blood sugar level, self hypnosis, etc, etc

But if that is the case, isn't it better to try and understand what these things are and how we can best use them rather than rely on outmoded descriptions?

After all if you went to the rail station and asked when the next iron horse left they would think you were mad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 5:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will call it what it is as soon as I find out what it is. It could be any or it could be none of those thins. As you said "etc, etc"

cyrijl
    How do you know the ungodly mess of factors I call chi is bullshit?

How often has fact been wrong? The facts said the world was flat, earth was the center of the universe, how many skeptics have ended up looking like a fool? How many times has modern science looked said "oh, our ancestors had something here!" In china a common aphrodisiac was distilled piss. When modern science checks it out urine has high concentrations of the hormones and enzymes that we use as aphrodisiacs.

What makes you so sure that what we know now is cannon of the universe. Our physics has cats between life and death, our medicine has things we cant treat and donít understand. We have found fish thought to be extinct for millions of years. We have found planets that could support life. We have found dolphins to be creative. What makes you so sure that what you know is true?

Dubble points if you can tell me with out unsing vauge wording and insults. While fun they get a little distracting.

----
    Pseudoscience has some science behind it, they just give it funnie names.

X

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 5:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not cyrijl, I'm LLL, but...

KRhm, so you believe earth is flat, and it is the center of the universe...?

Because the stuff you seem to belive is actually older than that **** (I don't bother to check, you can...)

And you'd be a lot more convincing if you could spell words like 'canon', 'double', 'without', 'vague', and 'words'.

You, my friend, are what bullshido is made of.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 5:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Yes my spelling sucks but I have no good excuse I just flat out suck at spelling.

2. There go you damn points

3. I believe earth is round and somewhere in the alpha quadrant.

4. "I don't bother to check, you can" Typo?

5. "the stuff you seem to believe is actually older than that ****" So?

6. I like numbers

7. What makes you believe that you can prove chi is or isn't what bullshido is made of?

8. I had thought bullshido is made of yellow bamboo and SCARS until now. Thanks for the info

----

X

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 5:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'my friendS', I meant, of course, although anyone with nearly average skills of spelling the English language would have noticed that already.

& please be free to present the occasions when sceptics have been wrong. (=don't even think about stuff like Galileo or Martin Luther, or ...)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 5:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was saying my quote in #4 was a typo

(=don't even think about stuff like Galileo or Martin Luther, or ...)

Why not?

----

X

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 5:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blah blah, you again taking things too seriously, though I guess I was too...

Of course if you have something that really kicks ass and really can proven, iin any way, it WILL be recognized by everyone. & If it's something that only kicks ass for you, then there is no reason to prove anything.

Sorry about the spelling quiz, but because of my profession **** like that always sticks to my eyes... except when I **** up myself... ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 6:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I should have known it was a quiz. Those things always kick my ass.

Yeah, I was taking this to seriously. I made this thread to let of steam. I must remember that. This board is more hostile than the old bord that I used to visit. It is getting to me. Can't we all(everyone who is not whoreing some product) get along?

----
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast