Page 99 of 430 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899 100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree..Audiomanmailer is an ok guy........please don't attack him. He is actually giving some great info/insight here.

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greese
    you still think he is knowledgable?
    He said those were his FIRST impressions in response to a question specifically asking for his FIRST impressions.

I believe he's also stated that if he pursues MMA it will likely be with a different coach.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Posted On:

Style: pounding

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.tresninos
    i've got pics of his school in my hard drive right now, i just don't know how to post them. it was hard to get the inside with the glare from the windows. there used to be a notice to his former students where to go and train. it wasn't till a friend of mine moved to el paso that he could get out of the contract. the other students basically have to pic up with some other instructor or quit, but the bottom line is they will still pay the way it's still set up. it's amazing that guys like klay pittman (let's quit referring to larry as klay or even clay, it's still too close) started out in bjj somewhere around age 20 or so i'm guessing. agent cooper started about 10 years ago. in that time look what has been accomplished. with that lifetime of dedication to being a warrior and all that crapola he/larry spews you'd think he'd have something to show for it. other than a bb in krav and a bb in taekwondo he's pretty much got nothing other than SEVERAL FAILED SCHOOLS IN LUBBOCK and a plethora of BBB complaints. that should tell all his students something. to the student of his that's looking to fight mma, realize after your first fight, win lose or draw you will have faced reality more times than your instructor. after your first grappling tourny, you will have been in more competitions that your instructor.

now to somewhat clear up what agentcooper was aluding to on the interior of the school in lubbock. it appears as though larry left in the cover of night taking only what he could carry under his arm. kinda like polish citizens in warsaw leaving once the nazi blitzkreig hit. no offense to polish citizens, i did not mean to compare you to larry, my bad. in a word, he got out QUICK even if it was a matter of rent, he'd know it was coming and have gotten some of that stuff out. i wonder who he owes? i wonder why he left EVERYTHING there.

i also want to point out that it's just offensive that larry would imply someone with his failed businesses would somehow play a role businesswise in klay pittman's success. wrong, just wrong.

Kr.KresKinos out -- i changed my name too.

question posed to all of L'Onis' students from lubbock.

what was his advertised style like? what did he teach you under his fourth dan rank? did he state it to be 'tkd' or his own karate system or etc..? did you have a structure different than krav in which you mainly work combo's? and was it the primary style taught at the school or was krav the primary?

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Jesus fucking Christ guys, I love being completely ignored would someobody please address this please?
    I believe both KravChick and Arclight have independently confirmed that he is in good standing with the Krav org.
    Dave

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:38pm

Style: jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes, i have/do trained with pittman. due to injuries and getting my undergrad and being now less than a year aware from a doctoral degree my training has suffered and therefore, i'm not near as good nor ranked anywhere near agentcooper. and no, i don't live in lubbock, but pretty darn close to be honest. i have asked a couple friends to take the pics of the school i have on the hard drive as they live literally within blocks of his old school.

my children are regulars at pittmans though :')

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:39pm

Style: taekwon do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greese
    You are delusional. Seriously, you are either incredibly naive or retarded. This guy lies about all these things and you still think he is knowledgable?
    The thing is, he doesn't believe in his skills. If he believed in his skills, he wouldn't be making all this **** up.
    no dude, you are retarded for sure. Have i once stated my own personal opinion currently on this subject? **** NO I HAVENT. So you should either actually read the entire forum, or get out of here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:40pm

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cooper - can you take photos of the school, the notices, and if you can get enough light, shots that maybe show what's inside?

Then you can post them up for free using photobucket.com and then everyone here can maybe see everything you're describing with their own eyes.... pictures speak louder than words man.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is what I think...and I'm sure most of you are thinking the same thing.

He "created" this Ta Gi Gaku Karate-Do system and promoted himself to 4th dan. Probably got some sort of "pay to play" cert. from some bogus company like the "American Alliance of Martial Artist" and then went on teaching that style under that rank...thus the 4th dan belt.

He then gets into the Krav marketing machine and realizes there is money to be made teach Krav..after all there are no Krav schools in Lubbock area. So there is a market for it. He starts teach Krav but still wears his self appionted 4th Dan and still sports his Ta Gi Gaku Karated Do logos etc...but his students are not under the impression that is what his ranking is in........he gets some BJJ rejects to start teaching BJJ and they start wearing black belts. Maybe they were blacks under his own system but again, they are NOT advertised as such.

From there we can kind of see how things started spinning out of control....school closes, name changes, etc.

Am I making sense here? Just speculating of course......"stab in the dark" if you will.

Cooper - can you take photos of the school, the notices, and if you can get enough light, shots that maybe show what's inside?
    I will do that tomorrow on my way to class...no problem.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:43pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Jesus fucking Christ guys, I love being completely ignored would someobody please address this please?
    Actually, I don't think anyone asked that question (dues) to any of the people contacted.

We were told he is allowed to test to a green belt and who under.
    We were told that is the level he can test students into.
    There is only one official BB in Texas that teaches Krav Maga.

That is a good question. I think we didn't go any further because his basic Krav rank was legit.

We started looking into his 5th Dan IASDS system.

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight

Then you can post them up for free using photobucket.com and then everyone here can maybe see everything you're describing with their own eyes.... pictures speak louder than words man.
    GrandNat has pictures of the outside of the bldg. and the notices as well. I think the only reason he hasn't posted them is lack of server space. If he agrees I can put them up or send them to you to host.
    Dave