Posted On:
    8/25/2006 2:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Audiomanmiller:

i feel i can answer these questions.

1.he represents himself to the public to be a well rounded martial artist with extensive skills and a lifetime of training(since age 4), coming from a strong lineage of fighters.
    2.not a black belt in all things he teaches
    3.a black belt

Okay. Now that we have this as a simple benchmark, this part is open to everyone. Is this representation of Mr. Lonis accurate? I ask this only to establish that if it is not, than the man has made the public believe something other than the truth. If the man is not what he claims to be and, furthermore, does not have the qualifications to teach (meaning that he does not have the neccesary education to teach) than how can any person reasonably believe that Mr. Lonis is the right person to teach them martial arts?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 2:45pm

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "coming from a strong lineage of fighters."

Well we've established he doesnt come from Judo Gene, Gokor Chivichyan, or Choochai Rittiluechai. Not sure who else could actually be characterized as a fighter from the rest of his resume.

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 2:54pm

Style: pounding

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok so i want to help larry out with his new school, be a nice guy about this. I think it would best serve all of us, including him, if he would pick up all of his stuff and move to florida, Fort Lauderdale or whatever. There he can open up a brand new Yoga gym to fill with senior citizens and women and little pussies(pardon), create all kinds of false credintials that claim he is Yoga Master of the Year voted on by a panel of 28 judges...hell, make it 29. and I garuntee you that you will make a killing. Come on Yoga Zen Master, at least there you won't have to roll with your students once a month and hurt your back, it would probably help it actually.
    Last edited by bigkahuna69; 8/25/2006 2:56pm at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 2:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exaclty Archlight...what "lineage of fighters"?

It has been proven that he has not direclty trained with or linked to over half that he has claimed. PROVEN not speculated at this point.

Seriously...I really whish a few of his students could see his abandonded school here in Lubbock. I took a peak in the windows today.......if they saw what I saw they might be thinking a bit differently.....but then again, maybe not. After all they can't seem to believe the whole Choochai information. That ALONE would make me want to walk out the door. But he, to each his own I guess.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 2:58pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bigkahuna69, now your just being silly! To be a yoga master, first you have to be able to stick your head up your own ass. And that... would be something to see lol.

But lets settle the questions before us first.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 2:59pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coop,

I actually have a pic or two of the outside of the school. Would you like to see them?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:02pm

Style: taekwon do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper
    Exaclty Archlight...what "lineage of fighters"?

Seriously...I really whish a few of his students could see his abandonded school here in Lubbock. I took a peak in the windows today.......if they saw what I saw they might be thinking a bit differently.....but then again, maybe not. After all they can't seem to believe the whole Choochai information. That ALONE would make me want to walk out the door. But he, to each his own I guess.
    i have not yet made a direct statement on this subject, nor has macd.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have to...I live in Lubbock I work very close to that school. I went by there today just to take a look again.

I was just thinking that some of his supporters should see it.......it may make them wake up a bit.

Thanks for the offer mattrm24

I just thought of something (again)

January 2000 - Recognized as 4th Dan and Creator/Author of the Ta Gi Gaku Karate-Do system by the American Alliance of Martial Artists.

To anyone that can answer this........does Larry say anything about this above system? Does he claim to promote you in this under him? It says he is recognized as the "creator" of his own system so if that is the case he can wear any belt he wants.....and promote correct? Does he advertise this system anywhere at his Bedford school? Ta Gi Gaku Karate-Do System?

Keep in mind if you do a search on "American Alliance of Martial Artists" you get.......ready for this? NOTHING.
    Last edited by AgentCooper; 8/25/2006 3:06pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:13pm

Style: taekwon do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper
    I don't have to...I live in Lubbock I work very close to that school. I went by there today just to take a look again.

I was just thinking that some of his supporters should see it.......it may make them wake up a bit.

Thanks for the offer mattrm24

I just thought of something (again)

January 2000 - Recognized as 4th Dan and Creator/Author of the Ta Gi Gaku Karate-Do system by the American Alliance of Martial Artists.

To anyone that can answer this........does Larry say anything about this above system? Does he claim to promote you in this under him? It says he is recognized as the "creator" of his own system so if that is the case he can wear any belt he wants.....and promote correct? Does he advertise this system anywhere at his Bedford school? Ta Gi Gaku Karate-Do System?

mmm...i'm going to have to say no on this one. from what i can tell, that is his 'tkd' rank and he is making the claim that he formulated his own style of tkd? i have never done any tkd with him, i have never asked him to do any with me...and in class when he speaks about tkd, he always makes sure to say "i'm not knocking it, but..." and plays the card of not believing traditional styles work. perhaps what "his" style is, is tkd w/ different chambers for the kicks, and a set pattern of foot movements?(which traditional tkd should be adapted to more modern styles) i'm not sure, complete speculation. but i must say, if he declared himself fourth dan in tkd, i think i will develop my own style right now because if i had never quit i would be an official fourth dan...this would for sure save me a lot of work, heh.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well then....this is a bit interesting then.

Did you know that when he opened his first school here in Lubbock he called his system "Ta Gi Gaku Karate-Do" and even had a neat logo created with a black dragon thing in the center of a triangle? I know you don't know this...but I'm going to tell you anyway.

Then that school closed, he re-opened later under the same style. As a matter of fact that logo is on the front window of his closed down school here in Lubbock...its on there right now. Along with all the Krav-Maga stuff.

Funny how that "system" he created didn't follow him to Bedford isn't it? I wonder why? He also has an Isralie flag, American flag, and a Brazilian flag on the walls.......so but we all know he isn't a Black belt in Krav or BJJ now. Again...very interesting.

I wonder why he has abandonded his own system? The one that he still promotes on his own website still? It appears he claims that is what he is the 4th Dan in.....it says so right on his website! But yet he doesn't talk about that system at his school? Does that not strike you as odd?