Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 11:00am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper
    Yes he has in the past...not sure why some of his students keep forgetting that. Go to his lubbock website page and look at the "ranks" of his instructors there.

Again...Ron Craft is a perfect example. He was given his black belts in all of those systems included BJJ!!!!!! I wonder who gave him those??????

If Larry has promoted his own instructors would it not be logical to say that he probably has promoted himself at some point??????

Is he the only person that wears a Black Belt at his current school? Does he have ANY other instructors wearing Black Belts while teaching?
    There are no other instructors who wear black belts, nor are there really any other instructors. Larry is the only one who teaches, and from time to time students will run drills if he is not there or something, but he is the only teacher.

I see your point on Ron Craft, but that is not going on currently at the school in Bedford. Also, I think I misunderstood what Arclight said, but now that it has been clarified, he only gives ranks in KM, not FIGHT, nor a combination.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 11:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where is his NHB record posted? Is it on any of the web sites or his myspace? We have talked about it a lot, and maybe I missed it on one of the sites or something, but I just want to look at it.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 11:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So he does give rank in KM even though he is only a green belt?

Sounds weird to me......where did all those stripes on his belt come from I wonder? Oh wait....the cloth tape dispenser!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 11:08am

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by macd
    Where is his NHB record posted? Is it on any of the web sites or his myspace? We have talked about it a lot, and maybe I missed it on one of the sites or something, but I just want to look at it.
    He has none. That's the point. He claims to be an NHB and grappling coach. He has told to people's face that he has had NHB fights. He has an "NHB Fighter of the Year" award.

And yet....there is absolutely nothing that can show he has ever fought in any NHB event anywhere.. most incriminatingly ...nothing from Klay himself as far as opponents, event names, dates, etc....even after questioned dozens of times on this thread.

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 11:10am

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

It's posted nowhere. Thats the problem. A 'NHB Fighter of the Year' should have something posted SOMEWHERE. The two best sites for fight records are IMO: sherdog and fcfighter. He has a total of ZERO fights listed on both of them. He has also been asked REPEATEDLY to provide proof and has declined so far. Wonder why???

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 11:11am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight
    Not sure what it would do, but I am sending an email to ATT via Carlos Diaz to see how to get a hold of him.
    I don't think it is a major point, but if I was Aaron Riley and some guy I had never heard of was claiming to be an "NHB fighter of the Year" and had my fight pic up on his Myspace, I would want to know about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 11:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight
    He has none. That's the point. He claims to be an NHB and grappling coach. He has told to people's face that he has had NHB fights. He has an "NHB Fighter of the Year" award.

And yet....there is absolutely nothing that can show he has ever fought in any NHB event anywhere.. most incriminatingly ...nothing from Klay himself as far as opponents, event names, dates, etc....even after questioned dozens of times on this thread.
    I was not challenging what has been said, I just have seen 32-2/32-0 in this thread a lot and I was wondering if that was posted somewhere.

Cooper, yes, he gives rank in KM, but to date he has not given a rank he is unqualified to give under their system.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 11:27am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was not challenging what has been said, I just have seen 32-2/32-0 in this thread a lot and I was wondering if that was posted somewhere.

Cooper, yes, he gives rank in KM, but to date he has not given a rank he is unqualified to give under their system.
    I believe someone on this thread visited Larry's school and was told by a student that Larry's record was 32-2-0. When the visitor from this thread said to Larry,"So you're 32-2" Larry smiled and said yeah and walked off. I don't know which post specifically said this or which poster posted it, I am going based off memory.

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 11:28am

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Macd, whether it's 32-2 or 32-0 whatever it doesn't matter. He claimed fights. When you claim to be a 'NHB Fighter of the Year' you are claiming fights. It would be like me claiming to be an NFL MVP, yet saying I never played football.

You also said Dux-Klay is the only instructor now. Does he teach the BJJ and/or the MT?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 11:45am

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Carlos Diaz, manager for American Top Team. This letter is to inform of the picture used in url: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...5-8b1d52c708cb

Is the picture of Aaron Riley vs. Nuri Shakir in an event called Hook&Shoot in Indiana.

If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at (954) 425- 0705 or email at carlao@americantopteam.com

Sincerely yours,

Carlos Diaz
    Team Manager"