Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 9:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65
    Kahuna, which jj tournament is this on Sept 9? Is it the txbjj one?
    Yes, that's the tournament that audiomanmiller linked in post 304. He said he would be competing in the under-150 class. Oddly enough, he went back and removed the link, date and location of the event half an hour later.

I have to assume that either he/they no longer plan to go, or he/they don't want anyone from here to watch. Since he did not completely remove the post or retract his intention to compete, the former seems less likely.

Audioman, I was sincere when I wished you well in your event, and I assume JNP and the others were as well. I'm not sure why you'd want to go back and try to obfuscate.

Moreover, I'd think that you'd WELCOME witnesses to vindicate your instructor if you still have faith in him.

Again, in all sincerity, good luck!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 9:41pm

Style: Krav maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it interesting that no one from Lubbock has mentioned that his school in Lubbock has been shut down for lack of payment of rent. Also, on the last belt test, there was not even electricty there. I have photos of the letters on the front door showing that he has been locked out of the building and some interesting comments and letters left on the door also from students who have paid in advance for lessons and now will not get them. His EFT company is still taking thier money but they dont have a place to be taugh. I also understand that some of the students are going to the DA with fraud charges.

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 9:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blueman
    I find it interesting that no one from Lubbock has mentioned that his school in Lubbock has been shut down for lack of payment of rent. Also, on the last belt test, there was not even electricty there. I have photos of the letters on the front door showing that he has been locked out of the building and some interesting comments and letters left on the door also from students who have paid in advance for lessons and now will not get them. His EFT company is still taking thier money but they dont have a place to be taugh. I also understand that some of the students are going to the DA with fraud charges.
    Well, his Lubbock school has been mentioned routinely throughout this thread, but this is the first I recall about the belt test sans electricity.

Maybe it was some sort of RBSD dark alley scenario?
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 9:48pm

Style: Krav maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to admit, I did not read all the threads on the forum. I did not have time to. But still I was wondering if whatever school he is at now knows what he was doing over in Lubbock.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 10:27pm

Style: jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    much of this was known but the best way to smoke out a bs'er is by proving the credentials wrong. i have a very close friend that was going there and told me several of these things, i have pics of the letters as well. like i said, agentcooper, whom is not klay pittman btw, was very very classy and restrained the way he handled this. the only downside was that the credentials and integrity of a few others, like pittman and andy copple, were thrown into the mix which never should have been done as neither has any "stain" on their credentials. both are very well respected at their given level of bjj. unfortunately larry left a "stain" on several associated with his lubbock school and unfortunately as well, he left town and left them to deal with his tattered "legacy". fortunately his rep is well known and there'll be no lasting damage to anyone here, except him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 10:33pm

Style: taekwon do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    Yes, that's the tournament that audiomanmiller linked in post 304. He said he would be competing in the under-150 class. Oddly enough, he went back and removed the link, date and location of the event half an hour later.

I have to assume that either he/they no longer plan to go, or he/they don't want anyone from here to watch. Since he did not completely remove the post or retract his intention to compete, the former seems less likely.

Audioman, I was sincere when I wished you well in your event, and I assume JNP and the others were as well. I'm not sure why you'd want to go back and try to obfuscate.

Moreover, I'd think that you'd WELCOME witnesses to vindicate your instructor if you still have faith in him.

Again, in all sincerity, good luck!
    I went back and unposted it for personal reasons. As I said I have been taking Martial Arts my entire life just about and I have a massive amount of respect for it, it has saved my life or more ways that simply physical self defense. It made me a better, stronger person mentally - and for that reason i owe it my life. I went back and unposted the event because I respect the chain of command in Martial Arts, regardless of what this forum is about, I have been training in Mr. L'Onis' studio under his rank(regardless of what it is) and I always treat my instructors with complete respect. I did not converse with him prior to posting anything on this sight, which means that by doing so I was putting our relationship at risk. I simply chose not to go behind his back and do so because of my respect for martial arts(regardless of the subject at hand in this forum, I treat all that i train with in complete respect and have no desire what so ever to interrupt our working relationship(whatever it may be) by making a statement.

SDave I really hope that you believe this is an honest statement, I brought up the fact that i would be competeing publically on this forum so that everyone would know, I did not deny the fact that it would be at North Richland Hills or that it is the exact same tournament you can register for at WWW.TXBJJ.COM. I brought this up so that everyone would be able to come and watch or compete with us so that they could judge us(the students) progress for themselves. Everyone here knows the circumstances that we are dealing with at the school and we are training hard to make up for them... I don't mind getting my ass kicked at a tournament, or out of a tournament - and i especially WANT to learn as much as possible from as many experienced people as I can find. Everyone I meet at this tournament I will hold in the highest of respects and will treat like a brother before, after and during competition. Please come if you are in my weight division especially... I need as much help as i can possibly get with ground work and finding new training partners is exactly what kind of help everyone should be looking for.

and I believed you were honest in saying goodluck, as well as JNP for sure. So was i when i said thanks. If you don't believe me feel free to email me at j.brent.miller@tcu.edu and i will write you from there. Thanks

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 10:34pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow...

Just...wow.

This needs to make the front page.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 10:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the greatest investigation work I have seen in a long time! WAY TO GO! I appreciate that all you artists out there are willing to go this far to protect the credibility of the art. It ways alot about you and the now Infamous Scarry Larry

Blueman, as far as the lubbock school you should read back over the posts as there is quite a bit of information on it in them.

I also think that the information about going to the DA with fraud charges is a great idea. My thought is that next time I see a peyment on my EFT I am calling the card company and filing identity theft charges against Scarry Larry because I have in no way given him authorization to draft my card when I don't recieve anything....

I have a question to pose for Scarry Larry(#1 Scumbag Martial Ripoff Artist Of the Year Award) now that all this has been revealed about the content of his character....

How do you look at yourself in the mirror???

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 10:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I noticed that Scarry Larry shut up real quick after that excellent investigative work! Keep that up guys!