225325 Bullies, 4413 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 4291
Page 330 of 430 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330 331332333334340380 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 11:48am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper
    Exactly what I'm getting at here. I believe things might not be what they seem....imagine that.
    Ah I guess that is us on bullshido, jaded til the bitter end. I was wondering why, during the past 4 months, Jack's name never came up as an owner until now.

For me it just shows the lie in the email about TK making no money. A silent partner doesn't make noise until, money becomes an issue.

No I'm not trying to say anything bad about Jack. If you let a guy run a class and it makes money everything else is superfluous.

I bet if we saw the financials there was probably a sudden drop in the last 4 months. Then the ebb and flow goes drastically down and you get a call from KM heads.

Although, it does explain why I never found anything about TK during the TXSOS searches.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 11:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For me it just shows the lie in the email about TK making no money. A silent partner doesn't make noise until, money becomes an issue.
    Bingo!

Like I said before..Larry had silent partners in Lubbock as well. Some had martial arts backgrounds and others didn't but they all had money (most were Doctors in some field) and for some reason thought they could make more being partnered in martial arts school. I find that amazing because if they had ANY business sense they would know that making money off a martial arts school is similar to making money from a restaurant during it's first few years. So Larry's "sales pitch" must be a whopper!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 11:56am

Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregvance
    Hold on here boys and girls lets not vote Jack man of the year for stepping in. If Jack did indeed own the business all along then his statement "A prudent person might wish to protect their financial information as all student files are currently "missing".

If documents containing my customers financial information were stolen I would imedietly demand that they be returned or contact the police??? The fact that Jack has no interest in protecting these documents is suspect at best. After all Larry does have a history of credit card abuse. call me crazy but when you do call and my phone is busy thats me calling my credit card company to alert them to deny any and all charges.
    Look, I don't know Jack. I've talked with him by email and phone once each, and was at the meeting. So I'm not going to go all rabid defending him.

But I have to say that turning this into a feeding frenzy on Jack is asinine. He's admitted he brought Larry in on advice from KMAA because he wanted to expand into Tarrant County and couldn't without a GM to run the show because he's busy with his other facilities. He admits he was snowed by what he saw in Lubbock (before things went downhill) and that he failed to keep up due diligence and stay on top of things.

He's making efforts to retrieve the files without involving the police and court orders. Anyone who's worked in those systems knows that it's not as simple (or quick) as going to the police and saying "make him give me my stuff". Getting court orders and getting them enforced is a long, expensive and VERY messy business. If he can obtain the records without that mess, so much the better. In telling us that the records are missing, and advising us to take whatever actions we believe are necessary, he's being honest in that the information has gone beyond his control, and he can't guarantee us anything.

I'm not giving him a free pass on this, I'd have never let anyone run one of my businesses without some checking and oversight. BUT, I think that he *is* trying to make things right, right NOW. And, I think it's safe to say he'll be taking a dead loss on the Bedford location for a while. That's a hard life lesson that I don't think requires us to beat the dead horse.

Also, this thread is supposed to be about exposing Larry, right? Not about hammering Krav or Jack?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 11:56am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,Boxing,Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agent Cooper's insight is what I've always believed to be true.

In my opinion they are playing us for fools.
    Playing out the "Good Cop, Bad Cop" scenario. Tiger gets the boot....and now, everything is all right. According to Jack...he hired on Tiger as the General Manager of Krav Maga DFW (or whatever it calls itself in Bedford). I honestly believe that Jack knew what has been going in between the sheets all along. He's just been waiting for the right time to save us from the Tigress. You see...it's all about the money. It's all fine until it starts costing him money.

That's my opinion and I'll stick to it. You see, when an employee commits fraud...it's the employer that has to take the brunt of the repercussions. They all weren't completely in the dark. It' all about the money.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 12:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pan Am your are 100% correct IMO

He's making efforts to retrieve the files without involving the police and court orders
    Of course Jack doesn't want the police or courts involved.......he would have a lot of questions being asked. It is INDEED in HIS best interest to handle this without a "mess".

Kravchick..we aren't trying to pick on Jack here....but.....he is involved whether he likes it or not. He is also accountable for the things that went on with HIS business and HIS business partner. He is the money.....he is the "man behind the curtain" so-to-speak.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 12:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper
    Pan Am your are 100% correct IMO

Of course Jack doesn't want the police or courts involved.......he would have a lot of questions being asked. It is INDEED in HIS best interest to handle this without a "mess".

Kravchick..we aren't trying to pick on Jack here....but.....he is involved whether he likes it or not. He is also accountable for the things that went on with HIS business and HIS business partner. He is the money.....he is the "man behind the curtain" so-to-speak.
    And I have not once heard him dodge that responsibility. He said several times in the meeting that this was his failure, and that it's up to him to make it right. Hindsight is 20/20, and I all I'm saying is that I hesitate to infer some kind of nefarious "plan" or "design" when a simple poor desicion in a push to expand a business explains the situation. Occam's razor and all that.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 12:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Krav chick, I have never met or talked to Jack but I find it laughable that he didn't know anything about Larry and has had his head in the sand all of this time. I am in full agreement with agent cooper and pan am silver that Jack is involved due to money issues and a lack of enough to go around.

My opinion and two bucks will get you a coffee at starbucks.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 12:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kravchick.......I hear what you are saying.

The only reason why I'm saying these things is I have knowledge of the type of people Larry has gotten to be "investor" in the past. Some of them have a few things in common.....and it's not just money. Remember Kravchick....just like in the beginning of this thread......some of us have first hand knowledge of things that lurk beneath the surface.

I'm not saying Jack shares the same traits as previous investors...but "like minds" think alike and in the past.....that is how Larry has operated. Again, Jack hasn't given any indication that he isn't going to take care of things etc...I just find his timing a bit funny.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 12:23pm

Style: Puttin the pain on fools

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigergey
    To: <tigerklay@XXXXX.net>
    Subject: AND HERE WE GO!!!
    Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:50:49 -0600

Hey folks,

Looks like we have a very promising layout for the new school. I will tell you the location as soon as it is hammered down. This is all thanks to one of the students who will be training with us. (Thanks Wayne). IN ONE DAY, THERE ARE ABOUT 20 OF YOU WHO HAVE CONTACTED ME ready to start training again. I'll be talking to you by tomorrow.

I AM PUMPED!!!

Thanks,
    Sensei Klay
    For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but one of power, love, and self discipline.
    II Timothy 1:7
    Praise be to the LORD my rock, who trains my fingers for battle, my hands for war.
    Psalm 144:1
    http://www.myspace.com/midcitieskravmaga
    www.dfwkm.com
    Tracked it down. Sand-baggin mo fo's.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 12:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fouldude
    Tracked it down. Sand-baggin mo fo's.
    Intriguing.

Fouldude, would you shoot me an email (meghann [dot] fearn [at] gmail [dot] com) as I want to put a bug in the ears of you TK watchers. It's probably nothing you didn't pick up on already, but... {bweg}