228412 Bullies, 4339 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 4291
Page 151 of 430 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2006 4:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taken from one of those articles...check this out:

"I've gotten to fight in fairly good-size traditional martial arts tournaments before, but the World Games actually offer the opportunity to expose the world to no holds barred and grappling, as well as the more traditional martial arts, which is by no means sport karate," L'Onis said.

The unexpected invitation comes after he spent more than three years competing on the Dai-Ichi Shotokan Karate-Do Association's international fight ing team, achieved high rank in seven disciplines and taught Israeli self-defense for the past five years.

Now let's check our timeline shall we?

The above article was written on Dec. 27th 2003
    Notice he doesn't mention ANYTHING about fighting in an NHB style event at this point. He just says "traditional martial arts tournaments" and the he has competed more than three years on the "Dai-Ichi Shotokan Karate-Do Association International Fighting Team".

But yet on his "resume" he is awarded "US National Martial Arts Hall of Fame Inductee No Holds Barred Fighter of the Year" in July of 2004

So in 7 months he went from never even fighting in anything other than reg. Karate tournaments to "NHB Fighter of the Year"??????? 6 months????????

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2006 4:57pm

Style: Krav maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did train and workout with Palmer and he is a good guy. Funny thing, most of the guys there were really cool. As far as that article goes about Mr. Perez there at that school, he is the one that larry stated took money from him and that is why he had to close his other 2 dojo's there in lubbock. Hey tiger killer, you have access to my personal email addres? If so,please contact me. I think those of us in lubbock need to all get together

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2006 4:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oops again! I missed this

It also says that he has spent the last 5 YEARS teaching Israeli self-defense.........that would mean he started "teaching" it in 1998!!!!! When did he "learn" it?

Wow Larry you should have kept a journal of all your lies....you have contradicted yourself in print way too many times.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2006 5:01pm

Style: Krav

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That doesn't surprise me! Before the school closed down, we couldn't even get him to show up for HIS required belt (promotion test) Which all now know was just a scheme to take MORE of our $ & waste it!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2006 5:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr Palmer is an AWESOME person. L'onis did not deserve an ounce of respect that Mr Palmer gave him. I was there for his black belt test, which L'onis showed up for 45 mins late. PATHETIC excuse for a "sensei" I don't have access to your personal email address...but I agree...we do need to get together. I have some really good info on how to stop this guy from ripping people off!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2006 5:04pm

Style: S.H.I.T. MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fullspeed
    Guys.. I just got off the phone with Klay and to honor my word to him I will reiterate what I said at the beginning of my post (#1256) please contact him personally with any and all questions. I simply posted my experience, what I was told, etc. That is my experience. To ask your questions, he has repeated asked people to call him directly. Email him directly. I took my questions to him personally. You can get the info you need to contact him from his website.

John
    Tried this way back. Same response of convolution and misdirection. I asked when he fought NHB, he responded by saying I should take Krav Maga.

Posted On:
    8/30/2006 5:06pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Felipe, he has no honor. I said before that if your coach won't show up at a tourny his guys are competing in, that is not good. Without knowing you personally, I bet you coach your students when they compete.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2006 5:09pm

Style: S.H.I.T. MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Dude, with that level of inventiveness, the subject of this thread might ask you to dream up some more credible qualifications and ranks for him when he opens his new school someplace where they don't have the internet.

Agreed. I think we should tap the ultimate powers of Shinkengata to start up a "Diaries of a Krav Maga School Owner"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2006 5:10pm

Style: Krav maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK my email is in here 2 times, if you cant find it, please let me know and I will repost it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2006 5:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blueman...please forgive my ignorance as a newbie, but your email is where?? lol I tried to send you a PM, but I "do not have access to this page"