Page 15 of 430 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 161718192565115 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 11:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have not spoken to Gene Lebell...but I would bet good money Mr. Lebell has never trained Larry. Maybe he took a seminar but as far as knowing him personally.....no way.

The "name issue" confuses everyone. I think at this point Larry himself is confused about all the names he has made up for himself.

I do know this. When I was introduced to Larry over 10 years ago he went by "Larry L'Onis". This is also the name he went by for a few years after that. Not until he started getting into financial trouble with his school did all the alias names come into play.

Once again.......we did not make all this up. He did. We are not the ones that should be defending our accusations....He should. He said it, he posted it, he advertised it.....He is responsible for clearing things up. You want to know why he doesn't and more importantly why he won't? Because he can't....plain and simple. This guy is one of the worst examples of fraud in the martial arts.

and I'm not going to call him a liar just because no one HERE can vouch for him
    Oh yeah...as said before....I can vouch for his skills on the mat. ;)
    Last edited by AgentCooper; 8/08/2006 11:31am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 11:40am

Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Larry/Clay/Klay has already posted on here 3 times. I suspect that he is also still following this thread.

Accusations were made against him in this thread before he posted and he chose not to address them.

Some of the evidence on here is irrefutable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kravchick
    I discount out of hand the picture on MySpace.
    why?

do you not think that that is his myspace account?

He claims to be awarded a NHB fighter of the year award on his business website, his myspace has a picture that proportedly shows him in a NHB match.

how can you dismiss that out of hand?

at the very least it shows he is willing to mislead.

You also cannot write that off as clever marketing since it is not on his business page but a personal webpage. I don't know what this means to you, but to me it means that he is willing to decieve in both his personal and professional life.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 11:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You also cannot write that off as clever marketing since it is not on his business page but a personal webpage. I don't know what this means to you, but to me it means that he is willing to decieve in both his personal and prof
    Bingo! Good post.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 11:54am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kravchick
    Hmmm... defending my teacher?

Perhaps. Perhaps also functioning as a Devils' Advocate. There's a lot of allegations, accusations, and innuendo being thrown around here, and I'm trying to sort through the manure to see what he's potentially actually *lying* about.

I discount out of hand the picture on MySpace.

The names issue confuses me... is everyone all up at arms because he has multiple nicknames that he's known by to different groups; because he's changed the operating names of his different businesses; or because he's filed his legal paperwork under different names? Because the first is being nitpicky; the second is finding marketing that works best; and the third is potentially fraudulent.

I can't tell if the complaints about the awards and honors are that he's lying or that they're potentially from "pay-to-play" organizations. To me, that's not the same. To you and others, it apparently is... but one way or the other, I want it clarified what is an outright LIE and what is a Marketing issue.

As for who he's trained with, and where he's fought... all I'm saying is that I am finding in my research that there's a number of organizations out there, and I'm not going to call him a liar just because no one HERE can vouch for him. Not that he's pure as the driven snow, but that there's more research to be done before a judgment can be made.

We do have one person here who seems to be claiming that he has *personally* talked to Gene LeBell and that Gene does not know and has not trained this person... is that the case, Agent Cooper?
    I never said anything about names.

Since that seems to be a problem do a searh on this name, Radford Davis. Then, after reading a few articles, get back to me on why a name is an issue.

Everyone else shush.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 11:54am

Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One more thing about the name change.

the website http://www.tigerclayskravmaga.com/ was registered on october the 26th 2005.

From whois.net
    Record last updated on 2005-10-26 00:00:00
    Record created on 2005-10-26 00:00:00
    Record expires on 2006-10-26 00:00:00

Notice his name in the domain is Clay with a "C". So we know that when he registered the domain he called himself Clay.

Fast forward to his new school that opened in the spring of '06 and now he is refered everywhere as "Klay"

even on www.tigerclayskravmaga.com his name is spelled Klay.

Tiger Clay's Mid-Cities Krav Maga is proud to be the Home of Sensei L. Klay L'Onis. Ferocious in the ring but a gentle giant in person (6' 7" and 289lbs.)

so you cannot deny that he at least started spelling his name different sometime between october 05 and spring 06.

Klay with a "K" is a very unusual spelling of the name Klay. He also moved to the DFW area from Lubbock... some research on this brought up some very interesting info.

Apparently there is another very respected Klay in Lubbock.

could this be another marketing ploy???

name recognition anyone????

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 12:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Klay with a "K" is a very unusual spelling of the name Klay. He also moved to the DFW area from Lubbock... some research on this brought up some very interesting info.

Apparently there is another very respected Klay in Lubbock.

could this be another marketing ploy???

name recognition anyone????
    Marketing ploy or just plain weird IMO.

Klay with a K is a VERY unusual way to spell that name. Ask anyone to write down the name and they will spell it with a C.

The fact that he used to go by Clay and now Klay is just plain crazy to me. Not to mention the fact that Klay Pittman has been around the martial arts scene since the early 80's. He is well known in Lubbock and surrounding areas. Since he has been a black belt under Carlos Machado and now the ONLY 2nd degree American under Carlos he is even more widely known. To change your name to the same spelling is highly questionable.

Search "Klay Pittman" on google and you find nothing but facts about him. Not the same for Larry C. or Larry K. etc.

Now ask yourself this question. If your real name was Larry C. L'Onis and the middle name was indeed "Clay" and you wanted to open a martial arts school in a town that already had a well known and highly respected martial artist named "Klay" Pittman would you choose to go by Larry or Clay? Well in this case he started out by using Larry L'Onis. Then went to Larry C. L'Onis....next it goes to Larry "Clay" L'Onis.....and then Tiger Clay....and finally Tiger Klay.

WTF?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 12:55pm

Style: jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kravchick, trust that which agent cooper speaks of is absolute fact, in fact, he's being very very very nice here.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 1:01pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys have seriously lost me. What is the key complaint here. That he doesn't have a verifiable fight record? Gee, I've never seen that before. That he's changed his name half a dozen times. Seriously, somebody clear this up because I don't know what you guys are really complaining about. Are you mad because he might've embeleshed (spell check please) the truth a bit. He did a seminar under Gene Lebell but he says he learned under Gene Lebell. Are we nit picking here. I hate sounding like the dumb moron here but please spell it out for me.
    Last edited by Omega; 8/08/2006 1:04pm at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 1:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you mad because he might've embeleshed (spell check please) the truth a bit.
    "might have"? There is no "might have" here.

What are you so confused about? Did you read the posts? The ONLY thing confusing is this clown's claims. That's it...bottom line.

This is after all the "bullshido" forum isn't it? This guy takes the cake in that area...as a matter of fact he should get a real award that he can hang on his wall. The bullshido award for shadiest martial artist of the decade or something along those lines.

Oh yeah...he didn't say he went to a seminar that Gene Lebell taught. He lists him on his page of "Thank you's" to his coaches and instructors implying he has trained on a personal level with Gene Lebell and many others. Did you not read these posts? Did you not go to his website, myspace, or his older website? No wonder you are confused....because if you did it would be crystal clear.
    Last edited by AgentCooper; 8/08/2006 1:11pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 1:22pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did I read the posts, yes, but I see a bunch of accusations that haven't been proven or disproven. I did speed read so if I missed just point it out to me. Shadiest? Have you seen the Coda Scott investigation, I've got two guys near me you should check out. I read those posts about Gene Lebell, and again they haven't been disproven. Myspace didn't show anything relative and yes I went to his website but as it has been shown before, websites are a product of the webmaster. Even mine has errors that implicated me twice before I forced the webmaster to make the proper changes. You should see what people have written about me for their seminars. Even going so far as saying Gene Lebell was my coach because they heard me say once that he gave me advice during a grappling competition.

So, like I said before, spell it out and make it clear.