Page 13 of 430 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 141516172363113 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 9:21pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't feel this thread is getting the recognition it deserves. I also implore everyone to check his my space for some massive laughs. This guy is a mark, a joke

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 9:28pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kravchick
    I can't speak to any of the stuff you guys are going on about, Sensei Klay's creds & all... I'm a complete n00b, and don't have a clue about all that stuff.

I can tell you that he's all of 6' 7" or 6' 8" (I can't be that precise). I'm 5' 10" and my hubby is 6' 2" and Sensei easily has 5-6" on him. So that's 100% on the up-n-up. As for his weight, it's less than it was when the photo on the Bedford website was taken, he's more toned now. And yes, his girlfriend is hot. (Not that it's relevant, but she is, and a complete sweetheart, too.)

I don't have anything to judge Sensei's skills by, given that I don't have any other first-hand exposure to martial arts. The closest I have is friends who are ex-military (one who was a Marine) and play-sparring with them. I have shown some of the techniques I've been taught to my ex-Marine buddy, and he approves of what we're learning. He even expects me to start contact sparring with him in a few months.

I'll leave the grilling about his resume to you guys and Sensei Klay. He is a good teacher, and has good people working with him, and we enjoy the classes immensely. We still have a lot to learn there, and we'll keep going until we don't have anything to learn anymore. Sensei is great with our girls, both of them are showing so much more confidence and strength in the way they carry themselves. I feel better about myself, and so does my hubby. We're getting in shape, getting stronger, and healthier. I think that's enough for us to focus on right now. :-D

If you get him to host a throwdown, I'd love to come, so long as grappling isn't required! :glasses9:
    How can you say you "have no first hand exposure to martial arts" and then say "He is a good teacher and has good people working with him" ???

Seriously, the guy is so full of himself....MA Hall of Fame :laughing3 are you actually buying into this??? You make baby Mohammad weep

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 9:57pm

Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cough/Cool
    How can you say you "have no first hand exposure to martial arts" and then say "He is a good teacher and has good people working with him" ???

Seriously, the guy is so full of himself....MA Hall of Fame :laughing3 are you actually buying into this??? You make baby Mohammad weep
    I was speaking about his teaching skills. I do have experience enough both as an instructor and a student to judge that. He clearly communicates what he's teaching and corrects technique. He does not cop a "I know everything, you must worship me" attitude, which I always find completely contrary to a good learning environment. He instills confidence in his students, and doesn't deride them or try to put them down in order to elevate himself, as I've seen instructors do in other environments. He makes class enjoyable, but does so without making it a joke or losing the focus. These are all teaching skills that not everyone has. I can't judge what he's teaching us, having nothing to compare it to, but I can judge the manner in which he's teaching it, and that I'm quite happy with.

I've discussed the content of this thread extensively with my husband. Whether or not Sensei Klay is padding (or outright manufacturing) his resume', we're not qualified to judge. We don't know anything about the lineages or competitions or whatever. But, frankly, that's not what we went to his school for in the first place. We were interested in the Krav Maga fighting style, and our primary concern about an instructor was how we and our girls would fit with him or her. Sensei Klay is a great fit for us, and we are also getting materials from the Krav Maga association, so we're pretty sure we're getting good training in that system.

As I said, I'm going to leave the resume' investigation to you guys who have a self-appointed mandate to root out the imposters out there, and Sensei Klay is more than capable of defending himself. I appreciate that there are people out there trying to verify the veracity of the claims that the instructors are making. I'll definitely be following this thread to see what happens. But, you can put money on it that I'll ask Sensei Klay himself about this stuff rather than take anything as gospel that some guys on the internet say. :-) In the meantime, as I said, we still have a lot to learn from him, and we'll be staying with it as long as that remains true.

So, I guess I should apologize if I make Baby Mohammed (or whomever) weep... but don't hold your breath. I'm not here to apologize to anyone for a damned thing. I'm a lot of things, including a n00b, but I'm not weak willed, or weak minded, and while I'm not some brainwashed groupie of Sensei Klay's, neither am I going to get all freaked out and rabid 'cause some yahoos on the 'net think I should.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 11:12pm

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if Gokor and Gene will vouch for this guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 11:23pm

Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've discussed the content of this thread extensively with my husband. Whether or not Sensei Klay is padding (or outright manufacturing) his resume', we're not qualified to judge. We don't know anything about the lineages or competitions or whatever.

I don't think you need to be qualified in anything except normal human experience to know when someone is being misleading.

We have PROVEN that the picture of him fighting is Aaron Riley and not him.

we have proven that he has changed the his name and/or the spelling.

we have proven the World games does not have a NHB division.

We have proven that he is not the head coach of the world games for the US NHB and grappling team and they are not going to be held in 2008.

we have proven that he has an unsatisfactory raing with the BBB.

We have proven he was evicted from his last school.

Furthermore, his claims as a NHB fighter are completely unsubstantiated.

It doesn't take qualification in any martial art to judge when someone is not being truthful.

So at least be honest with yourself... when you say "we're not qualified to judge. We don't know anything about the lineages or competitions or whatever. "

you know, as well as everyone on this thread, that that is an excuse. You are justifying you and your husband's relationship with him.

we don't give a damn about lineages or competetions, we care about facts, and the facts are out there, we have layed them out for you to see. If you don't care to see then that is your decision.
    Last edited by Grandnat; 8/07/2006 11:29pm at .

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 12:14am

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont you just love how marketting is always so deceptive?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 12:28am

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chuckai Prakarnchai would be about 80 if alive right now. I wonder when precisely he claims to have trained under him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 12:35am

Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandnat
    I don't think you need to be qualified in anything except normal human experience to know when someone is being misleading.

We have PROVEN (...)

you know, as well as everyone on this thread, that that is an excuse. You are justifying you and your husband's relationship with him.

we don't give a damn about lineages or competetions, we care about facts, and the facts are out there, we have layed them out for you to see. If you don't care to see then that is your decision.
    You've raised some serious questions, sure. But *proven*? Hardly. A picture on freakin' MYSPACE??? Puh-lease. I've been around the internet block too many times to even give that a response. Show me a pic on his business website that isn't him that he claims is, and I'll care. He has a freakin' long-assed foreign name that no one can remember, pronounce, or spell, so he's got several nicknames? Give me a break. The business in Lubbock failed? It happens. These things are nothing but mud stirred up to cloud things that could be real issues.

Pay-to-play honors or associations... Marketing nonsense? Sure. Not really an issue of his ability or credentials, though. More mud being swirled about the water IMHO. I've been around the business world too much, perhaps, but many professionals belong to associations and get honored as such because of the networking opportunity and the marketing aspect is a nice bonus.

Unresolved BBB complaints... there's a real issue. Claiming ranks not earned... another real issue. Claiming honors not earned... another real issue. These things need to be looked at, but they need to be looked at rationally.

In trying to find out about the "World Games", and knowing that NHB is *NOT* part of the Olympic Games, and thus will not be part of the World Games affiliated with the Olympic Committee, I found no less than 4 organisations holding "World Games" in martial arts. None had information easily accessible about past games, or detailed information about coaches for future games... but it shows that Sensei Klay could be truthful about participating in *a* "World Games" without it being the same "World Games" you are expecting. Equally, there seem to be a number of organisations that sanction and organise NHB fights, his record could be with any of them, not necessarily with the ones you are familiar with. I have no experience in this area, but it's obvious from my short time on Google that there's a number of variables here, and there are other conclusions that can be drawn beyond "L'Onis is a liar".

I am not sweeping the concerns raised here under the rug. I appreciate that this site and people here are trying to keep the frauds and fakes out of martial arts. I'm just not prepared to take what people say here at face value any more than what Sensei Klay or anyone else says.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 1:27am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay you are nitpicking. Everything he stated was proven.

You also have no clue to these "pay for play" MA org you think are run like a business club.

They are 2 completely different animals with only one similarity, paying to get in to this exclusive club.

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 5:25am

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You've raised some serious questions, sure. But *proven*? Hardly. A picture on freakin' MYSPACE??? Puh-lease. I've been around the internet block too many times to even give that a response. Show me a pic on his business website that isn't him that he claims is, and I'll care. He has a freakin' long-assed foreign name that no one can remember, pronounce, or spell, so he's got several nicknames? Give me a break. The business in Lubbock failed? It happens. These things are nothing but mud stirred up to cloud things that could be real issues.

Pay-to-play honors or associations... Marketing nonsense? Sure. Not really an issue of his ability or credentials, though. More mud being swirled about the water IMHO. I've been around the business world too much, perhaps, but many professionals belong to associations and get honored as such because of the networking opportunity and the marketing aspect is a nice bonus.

Unresolved BBB complaints... there's a real issue. Claiming ranks not earned... another real issue. Claiming honors not earned... another real issue. These things need to be looked at, but they need to be looked at rationally.

In trying to find out about the "World Games", and knowing that NHB is *NOT* part of the Olympic Games, and thus will not be part of the World Games affiliated with the Olympic Committee, I found no less than 4 organisations holding "World Games" in martial arts. None had information easily accessible about past games, or detailed information about coaches for future games... but it shows that Sensei Klay could be truthful about participating in *a* "World Games" without it being the same "World Games" you are expecting. Equally, there seem to be a number of organisations that sanction and organise NHB fights, his record could be with any of them, not necessarily with the ones you are familiar with. I have no experience in this area, but it's obvious from my short time on Google that there's a number of variables here, and there are other conclusions that can be drawn beyond "L'Onis is a liar".

I am not sweeping the concerns raised here under the rug. I appreciate that this site and people here are trying to keep the frauds and fakes out of martial arts. I'm just not prepared to take what people say here at face value any more than what Sensei Klay or anyone else says.
    ASSUMING bullshidoka dont have hard evidence to prove fraud, admit that they have at the very least proven that there is shady marketting.