Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 1:46pm

Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by macd
    Hello - Is there any way that I can contact someone who posts on this other than through the forums?

I would specifically like to talk to Grandnat and Arclight, because I have some questions and would like some more information.

Thank you.

how do you you private message in this forum? I can't seem to figure it out either.

I have yahoo IM and MSN

you can email me on my hotmail account. it is the same as my screen name here.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 2:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grandnat......are you still planning on dropping in for one of his BJJ classes?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 2:18pm

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by macd
    Hello - Is there any way that I can contact someone who posts on this other than through the forums?

I would specifically like to talk to Grandnat and Arclight, because I have some questions and would like some more information.

Thank you.
    To send a private message just use this URL:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/private.php?do=newpm

And send a new message, enter the username exactly in the TO field.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 3:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper
    Grandnat......are you still planning on dropping in for one of his BJJ classes?

No I am not really planning on it. Kinda like beating a dead horse at this point.

Mr. L'Onis hasn't posted back and apparently has no interest in defending any of the accusations against him.

I am not against the idea of going back, but I doubt he would want me back in light of the evidence that has since come forth.

Basically, I would need a good reason to go back, and rolling with him is not a good reason.

Seeing him instruct BJJ is a good reason, but as this weekend proves he is apparently bringing in a legit BJJ player to help his school, albeit on a limited basis.

If anyone in the area wants to arrange it with Mr. L'Onis and wants to do a drop in, I would be more than happy to attend, but I doubt I will go back by myself unless something changes.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 3:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good call Grandnat.....seriously you don't need to waste your time with that group. I'm sure he will wear out his welcome at some point. He has a "pattern of behavior" that I would bet good money on will return again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 3:54pm

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's the local newspaper in Bedford?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 4:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have already covered that angle. I emailed the author last thursday

Fort Worth Star-telegram

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/dfw/l...h/14994602.htm

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 4:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not Klay L'Onis, an instructor and owner of Tiger Klay's.

Krav maga, which means "contact combat," is taught as "strictly self-defense. Fitness is the byproduct," he says.

The self-defense system is "very realistic, very easy to learn, very practical," says L'Onis, who is the coach of the 2008 World Games' U.S. team in no-holds-barred grappling and kickboxing. The system doesn't take years to learn and uses natural reflexes, he says.
    Taken from that article......There he goes witht he "Klay" thing again. So this article shows he does not want to be called "Larry" which of course is his real name. Funny how an instructor goes by one name in one city and another somewhere else. If that DOESN'T raise a red flag I don't know what does.

2008 World Games coach.......:laughing7
    Last edited by AgentCooper; 8/07/2006 4:51pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 4:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh and please do not email the author. I have emailed her and she is aware of the situation, if she wants any involvement she will respond.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 4:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    * Chuck Heacock (the World’s most Phenomenal Sales and Marketing Mentor and all-around amazing friend)
    * Greg and Jeanie Silva – Children’s Martial Arts Program Mentors
    * Mike Lee Kanarek - Founder of Haganah Isreali Self Defense - Member of the Golani Brigade (Elite Israeli Special Forces Group)... who loves kicking me in the groin
    * Hanshi Ricardo Johns - Dai-Ichi Shotokan Karate-Do (a Karateka Soke of few words, but phenominal ability and "human" characteristic)
    * John Whitman - Krav Maga (amazing, instinctive fighter and another who enjoyed kicking me in the groin)
    * Sensei Ron Risce - Kenpo, Hapkido, Judo, Ju-Jitsu, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    * Gokor Chyvician – Judo, Sambo, Hayastan Jiu-Jitsu
    * Sensei "Judo" Gene LeBell (for choking me out relentlessly until I figured out that 2 week long headaches weren’t actually as funny as he thought they were)
    * Choo Chai Prakarnchai (Choo Chai Ritteluchai) – Muay Thai
    * Michael Margolin - Krav Maga
    * Sam Sade - Krav Maga (and colorful Israeli Lingo/Jokes)
    * Jarret Waldman - Krav Maga
    * Wade Allen - Krav Maga
    * Sensei Daniel Thompson - Sempi - Shotokan Karate-Do (for bringing truth to my Table of Martial Arts)
    * Darren Levine - U.S. Chief Krav Maga Instructor
    * Sensei Walt Bushey - Texas Komei Jukyu/Katsujin Ryu Budo Kai (Great freind and awesome coach. One of few I have found who really appreciates AND practices true tradionalism and the technique within the Traditional Japanese Arts. Also one of the very few I will ever recommend for real Karate-Do and Kickboxing training)
    Damn it...I can't leave this alone...LOL

I didn't even notice this the first time around. Here he thanks his "mentors and coaches".....so tell me Larry Klay who taught your BJJ? There isn't one person on here that is a known BJJ instructor. No Gene LeBell doesn't count.....so....tell us all. WHO did you learn your BJJ skills from?

Also if you do a google search on Larry L'Onis you will get a link to his older Lubbock Krav Maga site. Check it out its' interesting to say the least. Also his myspace page is "interesting" as well. He has a that pic that was posted earlier on this thread and he makes it sound like it is him in the ring.

Here's one more great example of the level of bullshido:

This guy is listed on his Lubbock site as an instructor. It says 1st Dan, BJJ right???? What's so funny about this? I was around when this guy started BJJ at Pittmans. He never made it to decent blue belt level and left the school to start "teaching" at Larry's school. Low and behold he started wearing and claiming he was a BJJ black belt. This is 100% FACT

Ron Craft

1st Dan, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    Krav Maga
    Haganah

Last edited by AgentCooper; 8/07/2006 5:12pm at .