222420 Bullies, 4775 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 4291
Page 111 of 430 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2006 12:39am

Style: taekwon do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyb
    I am in west Houston. Lets hang out tomorrow. I will be at JJ class at noon. Want to hook up? my email address is scottybhouston@yahoo.com.
    i am in fort worth, no can do. but we can make it happen soon if we keep in contact.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2006 1:05am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr Lionis claims to have been awarded as "No Holds Barred Fighter of the Year" for 2004. Yet he will not divulge any info about his No Holds barred Fighting background. I only raed about excuses for not competing. One excuse is the hurricanes. Another excuse I read was that he didnt have the $. Something seems a little fishy if you ask me. Very fishy. I think Mr Lionis is a liar. No scratch that. I know he is a liar. I hear excuses for him not fighting, but no info of him actually fighting. Doesnt a person have to compete in No Holds Barred Fighting to get an award for No Holds Barred Fighter of the Year?? I would think so.
    Yes, we know. You are rehashing old things at this point.

We are now gathering information to get this straight.

Quote Originally Posted by blueman
    Well, I thought he came from Pittmans academy and did not know his rank there. As far as his teaching us, look at it this way. Someone in high school can teach someone in Jr high math, and they dont have to have a Dr. in applied math. They simply know more then the person that they are teaching. As far as what the class said on thier assumptions of his training, they did not say. we did not discuss it and I am not comfortable speaking for others that were in that class. They are having enough problems with that school as it is/was.
    No, this is called tutoring. You would not put on a resume that you taught Math as a high school student. That would be fraudulent.

Unless, of course, you created your own High School.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2006 7:31am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper
    That is interesting blueman....Craft did wear a black belt while teaching BJJ. I'm sure most if not all of the other instructors and students knew where he recieved his BJJ training correct? (Pittmans)

Did they also assume he had the black belt before he came to teach for Larry? Or, was it as you said ........you were under the impression Larry gave him a black belt? If so......how could Larry give him a black belt in BJJ or anything else without actually training under Larry? Kind of confusing isn't it?

I appreciate your feedback though....very insightful.

What I meant by "where have we heard this before" was the fact that a few of his other current students say similar things when talking about their training with Larry. They pretty much don't care about his creditentials or the fact that most if not all are totally bogus......
    Again, assuming we don't care. I think if we didn't care, we wouldn't be here reading these posts and I must restate the fact that none of you are aware of our individual situations outside of this forum as it relates to the school.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2006 7:43am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cutter98
    well if you are in th metroplex area ,feel free to holla at my coach .he is great and has a lineage thru Lutter to Machado to Gracie .....but you need to feel comfortable and accepted ,and good about your training
    What school?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2006 8:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i hope this isn't an insinuation, i promise if you ever come see me in the future it'll be a real MD. hehe
    Not an insinutation at all....to be 100% honest you would be the ONLY real Dr. that I would actually trust!!!!!! No quesiton about it.

Macd...please keep in mind when I said some of his students I never said any screen names. I also said "it seems" didn't I? I realize some of his students don't have much of a choice when it comes to trianing.....either financially or logistically speaking. However, if that is the case I would still choose NOT to support someone like him. What happened to integrity and honor in the martial arts world? Yeah I sound like a purist.....but guess what?.....I am.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2006 8:48am

Style: Krav maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Dr for the invite to Pitmans, I have almost always heard good things about him. Of course, Larry being the exception. I do know Sensi Walters and have trained with those that have trained with him. I know he is also a LISD police officer. I hear he is a good man. BUT, this brings up a whole new string. Larry stated to our class once that he has fought Daren and knocked him out. I never saw that myself. As far as the ? about wheather I sparred or fought Larry, I assure you, I sparred him. As I have said before, I am sure all of you are better then me and with my limited abilities he is much better then me. I would not fight him. Also, some said to keep Krav and FIGHT out of this string and I agree. This is a forum on Larry and what he is pulling. I see no reason to dishonor another Martial Arts as I think we can all agree that there is no one supreme MA. Also, unless you have studied it for an extended period of time, your opinion is just that, an opinion. I feel we should stick to the subject at hand, the students that were lied to, screwed out of money, and becaue of thier naivity, are being taken advantage of. We should help them if we could

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2006 9:43am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    blueman..you are welcome anytime at Pittmans.

As far as the Darren Walters thing that is total BS! I've known Darren for close to 19 years now (the same amount of time I've been in Martial Arts) and I ASSURE you there is NO WAY Larry has ever knocked him out. As a matter of fact I doubt they ever even had a match....I can call Darren myself to confirm this. He knows me and would set the record straight as an arrow.

I have seen with my own eyes Larry get beat by a very fast 5 point spread in a karata tournament against Walter Bryant. It wasn't pretty at all. Of course that was point fighting......but I assure you again, that if it were a kickboxing match it would have been worse.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2006 9:59am

Style: Krav maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I figured the same. I did not think that he had and I knew there was bad blood between the 2. As I stated, I am an EX instructor there and if was for MANY reasons.

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    8/26/2006 10:15am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am in west Houston. Lets hang out tomorrow. I will be at JJ class at noon.
    Where do you train?
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2006 11:42am

Style: jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    blueman, it's amazing that in a town the size of lubbock you could have someone last so long running around lubbock running his mouth on about every front. larry had mouth probs with almost every instructor in town. walters and pittman don't talk smack about each other, walters and bushey don't, the judo/aikido guys don't talk a ton of trash about klay, and you will not ever hear Klay addressing some other instructor in class...........however, many of us have friends that train at these other schools and the one consistent thing we've heard from those people is that larry said this, larry said that. larry basically beat absolutely NO ONE at pittman's. he trained a couple weeks, i saw a letter he had given klay that basically was a gush of emotion telling klay how great a teacher he was and how great bjj was, and NOT 2 WEEKS LATER, he quit and you're hearing things coming back through friends that Klay wasn't all he was supposed to be, bjj wasn't all that, he KO'd Klay in class, blah blah blah blah. evidently he was doing this with darren walters as well. pathetic. glad you're out of that and see you at pittmans.