Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2006 2:49pm

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandnat
    Is the "martial arts freedom games and trade convention" the same as the "World games"?

the link you provided was www.usnmat.net or as whiteshark pointed out http://usnmat.net/images/

The only reference to any games on that website is the "martial arts freedom games and trade convention"
    I still find this funny. The World Games could not possibly be confused with this type of get-together for an obscure MA organization. This is the World Games site:

http://www.worldgames-iwga.org/

Only a complete tard could confuse the two, or not know that calling the "Martial Arts Freedom Games and Trade Convention" the "World Games" would be patently misleading.

Moreover. let's look at one of his hall of fame claims. NHB Fighter of the Year, awarded by the US National Martial Arts Hall of Fame in 2004. Well unless it's that usnmat.org or whatever that is non-functioning, it is likely that it is a typo and he means this organization:

http://www.usmartialartshalloffame.h...com/index.html

I say this because this is the same organization's banner that appears behind them in this shot, where he is holding an award:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...lloffame-1.jpg

Now I've looked and I cant seem to find his name on that HOF's website among honorees, maybe it's just a clerical error. I didnt see any "NHB Fighter of the Year" award or similar from 2000-2005. As I said, might just be something left off..or not. Or it would be covered in the 2006 list due to the date at which they publish etc etc. But no evidence either way. Instead, just try looking through the lists of honorees/inductees, year by year. Two patterns emerge:

1. The Special Honorees or whatver that are showcased are usually pretty good or respected martial artists. For example, there are guys like Frank Shamrock and Carlos Machado in there, Richard Bustillo, etc.

2. For everyone else, the regular inductees - pay attention to the WIDE and creative variety of titles they are given. Some are just "Instructor" or whatever. Others are highly dubious. Look at the WIDE variety of experience levels. Apparently it doesnt take much to get into this HOF. Especially pay attention to those inductees from your own state, and see if you recognize the names, and look at the title they are honored with. HMMMMMM. I've seen this before in other HOF's and usually this is an indicator of a pay-to-play HOF - the main criteria is whether or not you can pony up the cash. The induction criteria otherwise are mostly formality.

Just my opinions though.

Take a skim thorough and see what you guys think.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/06/2006 3:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great post on the BBB

Like I've said before....I've known about this guys antics for several years now. He is as phoney as the come. As a matter of fact I would SERIOUSLY doubt if he has even enterec or placed in ANY martial arts tournament within the last 10 years. Let alone any MMA style fights.

As far as the hall of fame crap. You know those are pay to play events. It's not difficult to make a financial contribution to various martial arts organizations and get a nice wall plaque that you can hang on your dojo wall. It's a wide known fact that a lot of guys use those as marketing tools on the unsuspecting public. Most regular students would never question things like that....afterall what do they know about the "darker side" of business when it comes to martial arts training.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2006 4:06pm

Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight
    Now I've looked and I cant seem to find his name on that HOF's website among honorees, maybe it's just a clerical error. I didnt see any "NHB Fighter of the Year" award or similar from 2000-2005. As I said, might just be something left off..or not. Or it would be covered in the 2006 list due to the date at which they publish etc etc. But no evidence either way. Instead, just try looking through the lists of honorees/inductees, year by year.

He was formally inducted during july 13-15th of this year. So his name will not appear until they list the 2006 inductees which haven't been listed yet on their site.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2006 4:10pm

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh ok. It says 2004 though on his resume that he received the award, so I guess the award thing is separate from being inducted perhaps. I just wonder what the difference is in cash contribution level to get an award versus getting inducted.

NHB Fighter of the Year with zero NHB record is pretty much a dead giveaway of a BS hall of fame (which are quite common as AgentCooper mentioned).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 7:39am

Style: BJJ blue belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After Grandnat told me about this thread and me reading it on Sat. I remember talking to a guy that works in the martail arts section of the Dick's Sporting Goods store in the mall, he said his friend trains at a Krav place around here. I told him my concerns with Krav's Mcdojo tendancies and he told me how the intructor is this 6'8 guy and actively competes in MMA still. This sounded kinda odd, not to may MMA fighters teaching Krav, but I told him if he competes in MMA that is a good sign.

Can't beleive I didn't remember this right away.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 10:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys....if the BBB post didn't clear things up I don't know what will.

He's a fraud and will eventually pull the same crap he pulled in Lubbock. Just a matter of time before his new Bedford school shuts down for the same reasons. Just wait and see.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 11:38am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Contact

Hello - Is there any way that I can contact someone who posts on this other than through the forums?

I would specifically like to talk to Grandnat and Arclight, because I have some questions and would like some more information.

Thank you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 11:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BRAZILLIAN JIU-JITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :needpics: maybe he is frank dux reborn.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 12:25pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haldir
    After Grandnat told me about this thread and me reading it on Sat. I remember talking to a guy that works in the martail arts section of the Dick's Sporting Goods store in the mall, he said his friend trains at a Krav place around here. I told him my concerns with Krav's Mcdojo tendancies and he told me how the intructor is this 6'8 guy and actively competes in MMA still. This sounded kinda odd, not to may MMA fighters teaching Krav, but I told him if he competes in MMA that is a good sign.

Can't beleive I didn't remember this right away.
    Well, get the names of these events. Word of mouth doen't cut it at all.

This is called second hand information.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 1:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What exactly is there left to prove? Sensei Larry "C" or Larry "K" or whatever he wants to call himself did NOT explain ANY of his bogus creditials.

The ball is in his court to defend all of the accusations here. Not to mention what the BBB had to say about this clown.

What more does one need to expose a total fraud?

Let's re-cap for those who missed it:

1. More fake names than a KGB agent
    2. Shaddy business practices in a previous town
    3. BBB reports filed on him
    4. No PROOF on ANY of his martial arts creditials
    5. No explaination from the guy (even though you know he is reading this)
    6. A shut down business that he left behind in Lubbock TX
    7. Teaching BJJ with instructors claiming to be black belts although NONE can prove who they got it from.

Come on..........lets have a dose of reality.

Where is "Sensei" now?