228086 Bullies, 4567 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 4291
Page 102 of 430 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102 103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 4:07pm

Style: pounding

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper
    gotcha sdave....thanks!

He used to teach under his Ta Gi Gaku Karate-Do system. That is what he taught under with his first school. NOT TKD.....I don't think he ever advertised that he taught TKD.

When that school closed he again re-opened in a new location under the Ta Gi Gaku Karate Do system.........then he started advertising Krav-Maga and started to drop the Ta Gi Gaku thing.

He doesn't hold a 4th dan in TKD....he holds the 4th Dan in his own system.
    does anyone know if he ever took tae kwon do? Or has anyone ever been aware of him being associated with tkd? because audio has stated that L'onis claims he is a fourth dan in Tae Kwon Do.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 4:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greese
    Guess what kids?
    This is not a light, happy, love fest forum.
    The dude needs a fucking clue.
    He was in the right and you are out of line.
    Yeah whatever. There is a point you are missing it as usual.

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 4:11pm

Style: pounding

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greese
    Guess what kids?
    This is not a light, happy, love fest forum.
    The dude needs a fucking clue.
    He was in the right and you are out of line.
    It looks more like you need a clue buddy. 1bad hasn't been a jerk, he was attempting to give advice. you are a deustch that can't read.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 4:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    does anyone know if he ever took tae kwon do? Or has anyone ever been aware of him being associated with tkd? because audio has stated that L'onis claims he is a fourth dan in Tae Kwon Do.

When I first met him he was introduced to me by a guy named Daniel Thompson. Daniel was a BB in Shotokan from Okinawa. I actually trained with Daniel a few times before I ever saw Larry L'Onis.

He wore a 1st Dan and Daniel claimed to be his instructor.

After that...I ran into him again when he opened his first school under the Ta Gi Gaku thing and he then started claiming the 4th dan thing.
    Last edited by AgentCooper; 8/25/2006 4:13pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 4:12pm

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Actually, I don't think anyone asked that question (dues) to any of the people contacted.

We were told he is allowed to test to a green belt and who under.
    We were told that is the level he can test students into.
    There is only one official BB in Texas that teaches Krav Maga.

That is a good question. I think we didn't go any further because his basic Krav rank was legit.

We started looking into his 5th Dan IASDS system.
    Actually and this is to Omega too---

I didnt give a thought to it really, I mean the Krav HQ told me when I called that he had a green belt and could teach, and the guy is listed on their page. I would figure that if he was not current dues-wise that they would cut the marketing support (e.g. listing him as a KM school) off. The woman I talked to also wanted to see what the hell I meant when I mentioned "Israeli Attack Safe Defense Systems" and I directed to her to Larry's school page, and she didnt bring up anything at that point about whether or not he was authorized.

I agree it's an angle to pursue, but I didnt get a feel that he has a lot of funny business there as far as having actual ranks and being allowed to teach in either Krav or FIGHT. There's a subjective argument there as far as whether he can call himself "expert" at those rank levels or how he presented himself, but overall it appears that this is the area with the least amount of funny business.

Now, IASDS is the key. This seems to be the mutant illegitimate bastard child of his legit Israeli certs. We cant prove Larry just didnt make it up out of thin air. And we've been asking Larry to give us ANYTHING about IASDS a few dozen times.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 4:13pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkahuna69
    It looks more like you need a clue buddy. 1bad hasn't been a jerk, he was attempting to give advice. you are a deustch that can't read.
    Greese was defending !bad actually. Always late and not understanding what is going on behind the scenes.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 4:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, IASDS is the key. This seems to be the mutant illegitimate bastard child of his legit Israeli certs. We cant prove Larry just didnt make it up out of thin air. And we've been asking Larry to give us ANYTHING about IASDS a few dozen times.
    Well, he made up his own system before.....then quickly abandonded it. Why wouldn't he try the same thing again?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 4:18pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper
    Well, he made up his own system before.....then quickly abandonded it. Why wouldn't he try the same thing again?
    This was where my line of search was heading.

When you think of Krav Maga you think Isreali Self defense.

I.A.S.D.S has all of the key words for Krav.

See where I'm going?

Of course this is my opinion.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 4:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SDave,
    Grandnat will not be able to give you the permision you seek in order to post those pics because they are my legal property. However, as long as they maitain their original purpose, you may post them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 4:19pm

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    GrandNat has pictures of the outside of the bldg. and the notices as well. I think the only reason he hasn't posted them is lack of server space. If he agrees I can put them up or send them to you to host.
    Nah, he can host them for free (my bandwidth costs money!) no problem on photobucket.com, or if you have them just put them on photobucket.