224751 Bullies, 3592 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4291
Page 101 of 430 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember somewhere (pages ago) that someone confirmed he was indeed a green belt in Krav.

That is what sparked the confusion with the Black Belt with 4 stripes thing started.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:54pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65
    Sorry if it came off that way. I actually have wished him luck in the Sept 9 tourny and gave him some FRIENDLY advice before he enters mma. Miller, if you took it as an attack on YOU, I apologize.

I have used very colorful language about Dux-Klay, I will admit that. I still stand behind my opinions about Dux-Klay.
    I know but, some of the "you need" stuff drives people away. Email him offline I bet I know where he is headed. (not school wise) Sometimes, you need self verification not just words.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:54pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so miller does he get pissed about ya posting on here when ya go to class

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:56pm

Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    I said I believe they have. They'll have to verify that.
    Yes, I personally verified this. I didn't know to ask specifically about dues, but KMAA verified that Mr. L'Onis is in good standing as an instructor with green belt certification, and can teach green belt curricula and test to orange.

Now can I puhlease get back to bitching about my bum knees in the health topics forum??? :-D :pain10:

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper
    I remember somewhere (pages ago) that someone confirmed he was indeed a green belt in Krav.
    Omega is specifically asking if he's current with his dues, though, not about his rank.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:59pm

Style: pounding

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.tresninos
    i didn't mean to give the impression i trained with larry, hardly, i choked him a few times though back a few years ago. my understanding was he basically had a tma where he taught the style he made up. he'd tell you his rank in tkd but he'd give that but.......kinda thing b/c basically at that time tkd began to lose all respect b/c of mma so i think he saw that wasn't gonna impress. then, and this is not me making an accusation, just as my friend put. to summate the point, basically once 911 hit, larry was advertising Krav, the guys at the academy were under the impression that he was going of and doing some kind of seminar certification under krav. anyway that was the way it was put to me.

i also talked to my bud in el paso last night and he basically said that one of the main reasons anyone thought larry knew anything was A) he a big freaking guy and that even though he was nice, it was intimidating. B) he had guys that had some documentable credentials teaching boxing, wrestling, etc. not that they were the best but i can say, the bjj training at larry's went up monumentally with andy coming in on saturday b/c craft and that other guy, manual or whatever didn't know squat but no one that trained there knew that.
    all of his old students reading this forum - please answer my previous questions. What was the style he taught predominatly at his old schools? was in tae kwon do, karate, or krav? has he ever officially taught anyone tae kwon do or karate? if someone can provide clarification on this subject it should help audiomanmiller determine whether or not Larry's 4th dan in tae kwon do is offical, or made up.(in which case he would certainly have no black belt in any art what-so-ever).

Lightweight

Posted On:

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    gotcha sdave....thanks!

all of his old students reading this forum - please answer my previous questions. What was the style he taught predominatly at his old schools? was in tae kwon do, karate, or krav? has he ever officially taught anyone tae kwon do or karate? if someone can provide clarification on this subject it should help audiomanmiller determine whether or not Larry's 4th dan in tae kwon do is offical, or made up.(in which case he would certainly have no black belt in any art what-so-ever).
    He used to teach under his Ta Gi Gaku Karate-Do system. That is what he taught under with his first school. NOT TKD.....I don't think he ever advertised that he taught TKD.

When that school closed he again re-opened in a new location under the Ta Gi Gaku Karate Do system.........then he started advertising Krav-Maga and started to drop the Ta Gi Gaku thing.

He doesn't hold a 4th dan in TKD....he holds the 4th Dan in his own system.
    Last edited by AgentCooper; 8/25/2006 4:02pm at .

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kravchick
    Yes, I personally verified this. I didn't know to ask specifically about dues, but KMAA verified that Mr. L'Onis is in good standing as an instructor with green belt certification, and can teach green belt curricula and test to orange.
    That's what I thought you'd said.

Thanks!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 4:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    I know but, some of the "you need" stuff drives people away. Email him offline I bet I know where he is headed. (not school wise) Sometimes, you need self verification not just words.
    Guess what kids?
    This is not a light, happy, love fest forum.
    The dude needs a fucking clue.
    He was in the right and you are out of line.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 4:07pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkahuna69
    Except for audioman I think most are new to MA. So, they can't truthfully answer your question.

As someone said before no one knows the difference between TKD, Karate or Kung Fu as a beginner.