Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 5:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi,

I've just read your latest and rather amusing article. I agree completely on the disfunctional and delusional state of most trad martial artists globally: their status often ranges from chronic "big fish in tiny dilusional pond" sindrome, all the way to outright stupidity.

However .....

That is the flaw of many a bullshido schools, teacher, students, books, magazines, ..... the whole great bullshido industry. But is not necessarily a reflection on the worthiness of trad MA. An example?

Well, I'll give you a suggestion, perhaps expensive but sure to impress: travel to Shaolin village, issue random challenge to monk/school/figure of authority, have challenge accepted by student of such monk/school/figure of authority, have a$$ handed to you by such student irrespective of your MMA BJJ or other modern MA training.

I've spent 8 weeks training at Shaolin, and have seen a few of the "big bad western martial artist" that had the brilliant idea to spend a few thousand $ to travel to the birthplace of most MA, issue a moronic challenge, and be beaten by a much younger and much smaller opponent. Surprisingly, it happens quite often. Unsurprisingly, they all become humbled students after.

:)

C

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 11:35am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im sure you have.

I've also been to Shaolin Temple SEVERAL times(under the cover of night) and brought many little girls to publically challenge the monks. The little girls always won but we werent allowed to reveal exact names or anything, just like you.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 11:45am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, glad to have Peedee back.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 12:07pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey waz^ omega?
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 8:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that truly Peedee has been sent by providence to enlighten the numbskull fucks like chinpau that need a dose of reality.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 2:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, rather then insult, why not be more open minded to things you don't know? I mean, your attitudes towards trad MA, of which you know little about other than what you see/learn in most mcdojos, is just as silly as the attitude of most traditionalists towards modern MMA. Both close minded.
    It's amazing how everyone is always ready to talk about, and diss, things thay know nothing about. I know many trad Martists who will talk endlessly about the failures of BJJ without having ever stepped in a serious BJJ class, and whilst learning some completely bogus bullshido stuff. Similarly, you guys (the above posters) are ready to dismiss Shaolin as total bs having never travelled let alone trained there.
    You have the very same close minded attitude that makes most trad Martists morons :)

Think about it,

C

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 4:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chinpau's right, students who train in McDojo's are idiots. Travel all the way to the bithplace of their respective martial arts (shaolin- China, Shotokan Karate- Japan , etc.) so **** the crap and see if what they teach is similar to what you paying idiots teach.

**** The Crap

Titan

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 4:49am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please try to make some sense.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Now imagine your pain is a white ball of healing light, that's right, your pain, the pain itself is a white ball of healing light....... I don't think so!
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 7:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd love to see Frank Shamrock walk into 1 of them Shaolin Temple's. Makes me laugh just thinking of it, he'd batter them all.

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 8:15pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you guys are fuckign stupid, really.....

"I've just read your latest and rather amusing article. I agree completely on the disfunctional and delusional state of most trad martial artists globally: their status often ranges from chronic "big fish in tiny dilusional pond" sindrome, all the way to outright stupidity."
    this is actually a product of Hollywood

and most martial artists? have you meet most martial artists? please, all the ones i've met are NOT living in some KARATE KID or KUNG FU delusion

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    http://www.fightauthority.com/
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast