Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I missed you guys!:icon_puke

Posted On:
    7/29/2006 2:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The worst thing about this jobber is that he's using my brilliant biohazard avatar that was made just for me!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2006 2:24pm

Style: judo, boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I respect your avtar and exclusivity. I will now be Lamont Cranstan.:XXsmoker:

Posted On:
    7/29/2006 2:56pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kipdynamite
    And I saw this article written by Aeosipian. It was well written. But, I that isn't going to save it from my smart @ss comments. In the aforementioned article Aeo mentions the rules: Basic Rules

* No striking, punching or kicking.
    * No eye gouging or hair pulling.
    * No twisting or grabbing fingers.
    * No slamming (picking someone up and dropping them).
    * No heelhooks (twisting the foot or knee).
    * No neck cranks.
    And all of these rules just so why the hell BJJ is as much BUllshido as anything else. Because if I reach up and jerk out your freaking EYE all the Omplatas ( or Umpalumpas or whatever) aren't going to protect you!
    1 ONCE AND FOR ALL: BJJ= rehashed Judo with Latino MAchismo
    2And pulling gaurd on the concrete is a last resort not a prefered position.
    3 And the mount may give you the advantage over whoever you are on top of but it also gives his buddy a stationary target ( your head!) to punt! Remember the mount is your horse!
    4 No one wears a FRIGGIN' GI and BJJ seems to be heavily reliant on one.
    5 Brazil's main exports are fine looking women and soccer players.
    :glasses13

Oh, so all those years of hard full contact training suck, because you have the deadly eye poke? How often do you practice eye pokes on resisting opponents? Have you ever ripped out a guys eye? Have you tried to reach somebodys eye while they are omoplating you? You'd have to be really fucking flexible, bub.

I don't give a **** about BJJ's origins. They train hard, with resistance, and they have very decent results. Yes, there are BJJ nutriders, but at least they don't talk about stupid crap like eyepokes.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    7/29/2006 3:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    * No neck cranks.
    Who told you that BJJ the ultimate form of MMA?

And another thing.Why are you even bringing eye gouging or hair pulling?You can't even realistically teach people about eye gouging in a manner that tries to not hurt or render anyone blind.Heck,many in the Bujikan boast of it's effectivesnes against grapplers.But you know what?They don't even teach that realistically in an alive manner.Because If they did you'd many blind Ninjas walking around.

As far as I know about BJJ and Ia dit my knowledge of the style is limited when it comes to putting names to techniques.Don't they want to limit, basically, teaching headcranks and heelhooks because of the high rate of stupid people who permeate MA?

And all of these rules just so why the hell BJJ is as much BUllshido as anything else. Because if I reach up and jerk out your freaking EYE all the Omplatas ( or Umpalumpas or whatever) aren't going to protect you!
    Besides telling the BJJ guys here what they must aready know.Why bother with this thread.

Wow!Really.I must have mist that with the 10 or so threads on the subject of BJJ and it's origines.

If you live in sunny california where everyone walks around with flimsy halter tops.I would probably agree to a certain point.But considering that you don't really need to hold someones T-shirt to RNC them.

However if you live in a region with a colder climate.Maybe training in Gi's is the way to go.But what point are you trying to make again?You do Judo don't you?

According to my friend who went there last year STD's should be on that list ,too.

So besides trying to get a rise out of BJJ people on this board.Is there some point you're trying to make.Or are you trying to get yourself banned so you can return back to that forum you seem to keep mentioning.
    Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 7/29/2006 3:13pm at .

Posted On:
    7/29/2006 3:52pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I saw this article written by Aeosipian. It was well written. But, I that isn't going to save it from my smart @ss comments. In the aforementioned article Aeo mentions the rules: Basic Rules

* No neck cranks.
    2And pulling gaurd on the concrete is a last resort not a prefered position.
    3 And the mount may give you the advantage over whoever you are on top of but it also gives his buddy a stationary target ( your head!) to punt! Remember the mount is your horse!
    :glasses13
    1. It could be rehashed Judo... not being Japanese or Brazilian I don't really care what it is.
    2. I agree, but I don't know any competent ranked BJJer that would advocate pulling gaurd on concrete.
    3. This argument has been addressed before. It shouldn't be hard for multiple opponents to take down a single person. After that I'd be happy to have some ground skills to help me get back on my feet as fast as possible. BJJ will speed up that process.
    4. No Gi?
    5. can't argue with that

Posted On:
    7/29/2006 3:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CanuckKyokushin... heel hooks and neck cranks aren't usually allowed in competition due to the high number of amateurs who cause each other permanent injury.

That doesn't mean that those techniques aren't taught.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/29/2006 3:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kip still hasn't answered the allegations that he is only masquerading as someone else.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    7/29/2006 4:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    CanuckKyokushin... heel hooks and neck cranks aren't usually allowed in competition due to the high number of amateurs who cause each other permanent injury.

That doesn't mean that those techniques aren't taught.
    That was the point i was trying to make.But since I have only a single BJJ class under my belt to go by.

I do know that the person who instructed me told me that neck-cranks were a no-no in his school.So I gathered from that that it was to reduce the chance of students injuring each other or getting a permanent injury in training.

Which is a good explanation.So the question that has to be asked is.Why would KipDynamite consider that Bullshido?
    Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 7/29/2006 4:12pm at .

Posted On:
    7/29/2006 4:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps all training sessions should be to the death?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast