223866 Bullies, 3759 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 44
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. MONGO is offline

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,187

    Posted On:
    7/27/2006 6:58pm

    supporting member
     Style: na

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    30 mins of randori, what the hell do you do for the other time.

    In Japan, the usual day has 1 hour or more of randori. That is at a local dojo with few competitive players.

    BJJ has 1.5 hours of rolling, but its all from the ground and much slower paced.
  2. Nate1481 is offline
    Nate1481's Avatar

    Why did they never try this....

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    York, Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    605

    Posted On:
    7/27/2006 7:14pm

    supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu/Mixed

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't know about owning the old Sensei, but you'll def suprise some people in the randori when/if it goes to the ground.
    "This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha
  3. G8 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    616

    Posted On:
    7/27/2006 7:18pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    BJJ has 1.5 hours of rolling, but its all from the ground and much slower paced.
    umm ... no.
  4. J3SSTER is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22

    Posted On:
    7/27/2006 8:58pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its an hour and a half of class, sometimes an hour of technique, half hour of ranfori, sometimes 45 minutes of technique, 45 of randori, and sometimes its a full class of randori (ive only seen this once)
  5. MONGO is offline

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,187

    Posted On:
    7/27/2006 11:19pm

    supporting member
     Style: na

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G8
    umm ... no.

    Where I go its heavy on the sparring/rolling.

    I just have never heard of so much technique work with so little sparring.
  6. G8 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    616

    Posted On:
    7/28/2006 12:54pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    Where I go its heavy on the sparring/rolling.

    I just have never heard of so much technique work with so little sparring.
    I'm not entirely clear what you're saying, but a typical 1.5-hour BJJ class would be half an hour of stretching, calisthenics & drills, half an hour of technique instruction, and half an hour of rolling--and the rolling is not at all "slow-paced," unless you're a total beginner. I don't think that mix tends to change much from school to school, though the class time does.
    Last edited by G8; 7/28/2006 12:57pm at .
  7. Nate1481 is offline
    Nate1481's Avatar

    Why did they never try this....

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    York, Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    605

    Posted On:
    7/28/2006 12:59pm

    supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu/Mixed

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    class i've been going 2 is pretty much like the one G8 describes
    "This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha
  8. J3SSTER is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22

    Posted On:
    7/28/2006 1:47pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ya, i forgot to figure in around 15 minutes of stretching, calisthenics & drills, I guess i just figured that into technique
  9. MONGO is offline

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,187

    Posted On:
    7/28/2006 7:32pm

    supporting member
     Style: na

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G8
    I'm not entirely clear what you're saying, but a typical 1.5-hour BJJ class would be half an hour of stretching, calisthenics & drills, half an hour of technique instruction, and half an hour of rolling--and the rolling is not at all "slow-paced," unless you're a total beginner. I don't think that mix tends to change much from school to school, though the class time does.

    Comparitively, BJJ rolling can be a much slower pace than say a wrestling match or what Judoka usually think of as newaza.

    Also, a typical class at my gym is 3 hours for BJJ including sparring. There is 45 mins of instruction, and then the rest is sparring. There may be a little advanced technique work at the very end and 10 mins of cleaning. Most people do conditioning on their own after class.
  10. roly is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    sydney, australia
    Posts
    769

    Posted On:
    8/01/2006 6:39pm


     Style: judo, karate, jap jj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    Comparitively, BJJ rolling can be a much slower pace than say a wrestling match or what Judoka usually think of as newaza.

    Also, a typical class at my gym is 3 hours for BJJ including sparring. There is 45 mins of instruction, and then the rest is sparring. There may be a little advanced technique work at the very end and 10 mins of cleaning. Most people do conditioning on their own after class.

    that seems a sweet setup, i hate spending my hard earned cash on pushups and situps
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.