Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    7/27/2006 10:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually it's really hot and muggy here with bad air quality and I am thinking it might be allergen based asthma triggered by exertion. Going to see my DR tomorrow to discuss this.

Posted On:
    7/27/2006 11:16am

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    Actually it's really hot and muggy here with bad air quality and I am thinking it might be allergen based asthma triggered by exertion. Going to see my DR tomorrow to discuss this.
    It wouldn't hurt. At the gym I take Judo at on campus, the A/C hardly ever works and it gets so damn hot you gas REALLY quick just because it's so damn hot and humid in there.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Posted On:
    7/27/2006 11:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goju - check zoints PM.
    Last edited by Neildo; 7/27/2006 11:58am at .
    :new_all_c

Posted On:
    7/27/2006 4:05pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    got it thanks. Did you get mine?

Posted On:
    7/27/2006 4:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    replied.
    :new_all_c

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2006 4:37pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    This could be very likely. I have it. Real bad. I need to ditch these stupid allergies (immunotherapy) because I'm on the last commercially available over-the-counter brand of anti-histamine that I haven't developed a tolerance to... (Aerius/desloratidine).

Panicking makes it worse, and if it strikes me when I'm outside skipping (I skip at home, on my concrete parking pad/basketball court), panic sets in real quick. Crappy genetics...

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/27/2006 4:46pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    Learn to breathe. You're a probably holding your breath without realizing it.
    Yeah, that's me.

Goju, last week there was a talk at the BJJ school regarding anaerobic capacity. And that really opened by eyes. I can jog no problem and I have decent cardio, but that ability doesn't do **** for me when I roll.

Maybe just like you, I suffer from allergies, and South Florida is just too fucking damp and humid. I'm trying not to hyperventilate or hold my breath; that is helping but may take some time to get used to.

The one thing that has helped me is interval training and plyometrics. I try regularly to do some interval training (quick 1-2 minutes bursts in the threadmill or stationary bike, followed by 1-2 minutes at moderated speed, repeat).

For plyometrics I like to do clasping push-ups until failure or sets of push-ups with the hands in a basketbal until failure (the later variety performed as fast as possible.)

One to three sets of jumping jacks, duck walks, stationary bunny hops, and sprawls done until failure done as fast as (safely possible) is a good way to develop explosive power and increased anaerobic capacity - I don't mean to do all of those exercises, but you can pick and choose.

Body weight exercises done as fast as possible till failure is a sure way to develop explosive power and increased anaerobic capacity. You want to mimic the exertion you experience when rolling.

Those exercises just suck balls to do them on a regular basis. If I weren't such a lazy ***** and did them more diligently, I wouldn't be gassing out so much when I'm rolling.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    7/27/2006 5:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Circuit. Training.

Posted On:
    7/27/2006 7:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the advice

Another thing was it was hot and I don't think I was properly hydrated as i should be. The BB teaching the class said if you know you're coming to the grappling class yuo should be drinking water all day.

I started a thread on this at MMA.tv and some people including professional fighters had some real interesting things to say about dealing with Asthma and problems like this.

Next Wednesday I'll have to make sure I drink all day, take an allergy pill and do a hard warm up before class.

Also maybe the DR will give me a puffer to bring in case it gets real bad like that again.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    7/27/2006 8:51pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spoiler:
    The BB teaching the class said if you know you're coming to the grappling class
    you should be drinking water all day.
    quotes don't count as text. interesting.
    Last edited by pauli; 7/27/2006 8:59pm at .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast