Hell yeah! Hell no!
    totally sweet

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 1:58am

Style: BJJ and MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whats there Email Adress. I wanna send them an email.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 3:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would not be so cocky about it. Your disclaimer is not valid if you, as the administrator, present a particular mission statement concerning the use of the site elsewhere on the forum, which you have. It wouldn't be hard for a good lawyer to use your own statements on this board, however unrelated, against you. Remember, in law its not about who is right or wrong, its about what the judge or jury think. And if he makes you out to look like an agreeing party to the charges you could be held just as liable.

McDojo, is it what you do or is it what you think?
    I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and I see STUPID looking back.

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 11:17am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KFDW, I don't even know what this guy is talking about, and his refusal to give me specific information about his complaints leads me to believe that they have no substance.

As I've told him, if they can show me items that are baltant lies or mistruths that would cause such defamation or slander, then I'd be more than happy to look into the situation and find a resolution for it.

I do not feel that I am acting in bad faith or trying to be difficult here; quite the opposite. It just seems to me that Vince is making up for a lack of a substantial case with legal bravado and blustering.

Everything on this site is presented as opinion. That's been our model since the first day, and it continues to be so.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 9:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He does have to tell you what exactly you are being charged with and for what.
    Slander is a very sticky business. Opinions , true or not, about a business can be twisted into a case. It can be said you are in effect saying "don't go to this persons business" because you "think" its not worthwhile for X reasons that you may not actual legal proof of. I'll say it again, it doesn't matter what you concider the truth, its what a judge thinks. If He/She thinks your web site is has deliterious effect on a persons business without your actually attending and measuring said business and going on hearsay and conjecture, then you could be held liable for directing people away from it. And, as I've said before, you are very vocal about your positions here on Mcdojo which invalidates your disclaimer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 10:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahaaa!!!
    your HERE, no wonder I can't get through to you on the phone!!

Check your E-mail bro, I sent you something funny!!!

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 10:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You might be right KFDW (and by the way, I agree with your username)...

It's something I've been considering and in light of things I'll probably be keeping my opinions to myself a bit more when it comes to things in order to prevent any confusion that the staff is trying to present a specific agenda against people.

It should be said that the smart thing to do as users would be to always present your opinions as such, while myself and I Choke You refrain from expressing specific opinions on instructors/etc, leaving that to the users.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2002 9:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I live in Canada so the lawyer can very easily come find me for this statement.
    Malaria...Mandarin...or whatever the fauk his name is can be the whiny bitch all he wants. His friend had to post in his defence. His lawyer has to email in his defence. What about defending himself out on the board or even in email?

The Oldschool is here....and I'm going to Rell in a Randbasket!

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    9/02/2002 4:13am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "(and by the way, I agree with your username)..."

Its nice to know , but hard to beleive when you got things like that kung fu fighting mpeg in your downloads. Granted its done as a performance, but do you have the body skills those guys have?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast