Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233 343536 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2008 12:15pm

Style: in hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It does look like you got the short end of the stick, man. But hey who knows you might learn something worthwhile, like the breakfalls. Plz keep us posted on your wacky misadventures in KSW. BTW, are they associated with the WSKA? The reason I asked is because my parents had to pay way more then 40 dollars a month for the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by jkdbuck76
    Run from it like you'd run from a hand grenade dipped in AIDS.

Of course, the only good KSW beatdown I've seen on Youtube is Jay Lee pimpslapping a pimp. Don't let the name fool you.... Jay Lee was a big white dude with blonde hair.

In any case, this pimp is slapping around wunna hiz bichiz and to make a long story short, he comes up to Lee and Lee does a forearm smash on the side of his neck!

Is it proof that KSW is cool? NO! Jay Lee was a Marine in Vietnam and was in other MA's before going to KSW. Both Jay Lee and Marlin Sims were the two badasses of kuksool and they are both long gone.....
    JKDbuck76, what ever happened between Sims and WSKA?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2008 1:15pm

Style: Boxing, KSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by boondock lee
    It does look like you got the short end of the stick, man. But hey who knows you might learn something worthwhile, like the breakfalls. Plz keep us posted on your wacky misadventures in KSW. BTW, are they associated with the WSKA? The reason I asked is because my parents had to pay way more then 40 dollars a month for the classes.

they are associated with the WSKA but i think i get some kind of discount being in the military, but i'm not certain, i'll keep everyone updated but i'm still hoping a reputuable school will open up in the near future being that i still have 3 years at my base. i actually found a nice BJJ school that i would consider http://www.worldclassbrazilianjiujitsu.com/ but i can't justify drive 50 mins to train only 1-2 times a week and paying about $70 a month for those few classes, not to mention gas. but i hope training in a soft/hard MA will help, and who knows, maybe i'll meet some people in class who want to spar outside of school. i'm going to the school on monday to start. the BJJ is so tempting, but too impractical in terms of training and commute. thanks to everyone though for the concern.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2008 1:23pm

Style: WHKD & Doce Pares

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by reinerbs
    thanks to everyone though for the concern.
    It's good to see new people come on here with the attitude of asking questions, looking for opinions, rather than arguing bullshit points on style vs. style and thinking they are experts on everything.
    Frankly a lot of noobs (including me in the beginning) come on here thinking that all that members do here is bash styles & practitioners, but most of us just want to see the bullshit cut out and help people find good places to train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 6:49am

Style: MT,full contact JJ,Sudoku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bear
    It's good to see new people come on here with the attitude of asking questions, looking for opinions, rather than arguing bullshit points on style vs. style and thinking they are experts on everything.
    Frankly a lot of noobs (including me in the beginning) come on here thinking that all that members do here is bash styles & practitioners, but most of us just want to see the bullshit cut out and help people find good places to train.
    hey bear. you have a valid point there. i was seriously considering starting a thread along that train of thought. These forums should be used to discuss valid points, offer support and help others make informed choices.
    maybe i should start it and see what kind of reaming i get haha.

at the end of the day, if someone is happy with what they are doing, and not shouting off about it, who is anyone else to say they are wrong?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 6:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bear
    hey bear. you have a valid point there. i was seriously considering starting a thread along that train of thought. These forums should be used to discuss valid points, offer support and help others make informed choices.
    maybe i should start it and see what kind of reaming i get haha.

at the end of the day, if someone is happy with what they are doing, and not shouting off about it, who is anyone else to say they are wrong?

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 12:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by boondock lee
    I heard it was because of the mcdojoism and the guying of black belts....but I don't know.
    And I'm not going to ask Mr. Sims, either.

My real point is this: According to many kuksoolites I used to train with, Sims and Lee were badasses before they joined kuksool. And whenever Lee pimpslapped the pimp, or word has it, he beat a muay thai guy in a match, then the credit goes to kuksool! Lee was a marine. All marines box. Lee was a fighter way before he, for some reason, joined suk tool. I'm sorry for saying it, but Jay Lee kicking ass = "kuksool is good" is the same as saying Chuck Lidell is awesome = kenpo rulez!

Both Lee and Sims had previous MA experience. Maybe they joined kuksoolwon because they were bored. That's why I joined....I was bored.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 12:50pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I understand it a big part of it had to do with the fact that the WKSA is all controlling when it comes to marketing of materials related to the organization at all. KJN Sims wanted to sell a line of instructional videos, but the WKSA was having none of it because they have their own line of shitty dvd's. So that was supposedly the straw that broke the camels back with him.

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 5:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cult Sool Won?

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 5:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Errant108/DerAuslander had "Cock Suck One"....which is pretty funny.

The WKSA motto shouldn't be "You Need More Practice"....it should be
    "In Greed We Trust".

Wolf, nice honey in your avatar today.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 4:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkdbuck76

Wolf, nice honey in your avatar today.
    quick question, completely off topic, how do i get my avatar working, i cant see it on the forums.
    sorry for the slight digresion

cheers