Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 222829303132 33343536 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 5:22pm

Style: Boxing, KSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    crap man, i have a truck and i live in Northern CA, so gas prices are getting insane, you know what i propose though? i'll go to this fuckin school and see what's up, i'll give a full in depth report and tell you all how much they're making me spend. and if it's really that weak then i'll just leave. i can't drive 50 miles to another school, sucks for me that i'm in an area that just isn't that diverse, but whatever. i'll stop by tonight and see how much it is to start and everything.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 6:04pm

Style: MT,full contact JJ,Sudoku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    Think they'll look funky on my judogi?
    probably not, they look crap. a couple that go on the gi bottoms, a couple of shoulder patches and a nice arch style one for the back lol.
    next time you are in a bookshop with a good MA section look for the ones by bob clarke- some of the techniques are atrocious!! may work for a big guy but not for anyone slightly built. god i hated that club.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 11:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so get this, i have the night shift guy come in early so i can go to the KSW school today and tell them i want to start on monday. but it's closed, so i'm like wtf man, and i remembered during my research today there was a tang soo do school nearby. and i meet the people there and they freestyle every friday and train boxing and grappling, but the classes are limited to mon-thurs. and i'll only be able to make 2 of those classes a week if i go there, as opposed to 2 classes in one week of KSW, and 4 the next week. starting out i believe the TSD is only $40, and it's free for the first week. should i go with TSD instead?

Posted On:
    1/12/2008 1:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If by "boxing and grappling" you mean actual boxers and grapplers teach the class then yes.

Posted On:
    1/12/2008 2:26pm

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there nothing else available?
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Dude, whassup? Did they freeze your dick then accidentally use it to cool down a thimble full of water? Or, did you mis-spell crayonist? You know, the guy who makes sure the wax crayons you use aren't too sharp in case you decide to do the decent thing and kill yourself.
    Training log. Here

JFS vs The Villain here

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2008 2:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not unless i drive an hour away, which i'm not willing to do.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    1/12/2008 5:17pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are there no Rec Centers in your area? Where I live there are several rec centers that offer a wide variety of MA classes at reasonable rates and in some cases free. They generally are not well advertised or advertised at all, the only way you find out about them is if you go to the Rec center and check their schedules. Is this an option you've looked into yet?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2008 5:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've literally scoured the little town and it's sister city for the past 6 months, i went to all the gyms, rec centers and fitness clubs. there are a plethora of school to choose from if i drive 40-60 miles away, but that's not an option really. i guess it's the downfall of living in a really small city, but whatever, i'll just train wherever and i'll train harder at home. thanks for everyone's concern though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2008 8:15pm

Style: WHKD & Doce Pares

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, sorry Reinerbs, there are no Kajukenbo schools out there. The rest of Cali has many but I had forgotten how far away from everything you actually are.
    Please send us pics of your new pink fans and maybe you can video your fellow firefighters reaction when they find out about it.
    Just kidding...(OK not completely kidding)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2008 8:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahaha, i'll take posing pics in my fancy uniform and have my buddies take pics of them hosing me down while i block with a pink fan. i hope there's people in the class though that are interested in fighting for real, and maybe we can meet up afterwards and stuff, that's what i'm hoping for right now. my brother lives closer to San Fransico and he's ganna take Ju-jitsu, that bitch.