Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 31323334 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 11:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get a heavybag and a boxing DVD. Put an ad on cragslist for sparring/drilling partners.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 2:42am

Style: WHKD & Doce Pares

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by reinerbs
    see I'm a firefighter and we work weird hours, and the other schools are only open on certain days of the week. So i'm in between KSW and Kempo unless i drive at least an hour away to other place that may or may not teach "good" MA.
    Imagine what the other firefighters will think when you show them your pink fan.... And you thought you were getting a lot of **** from us....

Do the Kempo!

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 8:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Get a heavybag and a boxing DVD. Put an ad on cragslist for sparring/drilling partners.
    This is excellent advice for anyone. I put a standing heavybag, speedbag and double-end bag in my garage. I can go out back, put on a round timer and pound away. After the initial investment you're training for free. You can also find some good instructional videos on google.

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 10:24am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asLAWCUbHq8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neSOyotbUSM

If you want to make next month kuk sool sucks month, the video is already done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNyELH8lWr8

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 10:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are people flipping themselves?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 10:47am

Style: Boxing, KSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bear
    Imagine what the other firefighters will think when you show them your pink fan.... And you thought you were getting a lot of **** from us....

Do the Kempo!
    i'm stuck aren't i? i checked out the Kempo school, the dude's a tool and i feel like i can take on all of his black belts. and i'll get **** from all my friends at the firehouse unless i take MT or BJJ, we're all into UFC and stuff and yeah, i'm already prepared for the trouncing i'll get from them. but for real though, the KSW classes are only $40 a month, and they have a lot of classes open from Mon-Sat. i have a little workout place of my own in my apt, a heavy bag and weights and stuff, and once a month i have friends who live an hour and a half away where i go and we spar. i just thought taking a class would help me kill time and i get bored training on my own. i've done it for a while now, every morning before work, and i feel like i'm only going through the motions of hitting my bag. i need people to kick, and i was hoping to kick and throw some kids at the KSW place.

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 11:07am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you must do the kuk sool then please post a weekly thread describing all the comedy technqiues and concepts you are learning about. You can be a sort of bullshido undercover agent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 11:09am

Style: WHKD & Doce Pares

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not that familiar with that area of California but let me ask around. There are hundreds of Kajukenbo schools in Cali, many of them do cross training in MT, BJJ etc. There has got to be something better for you than the KSW school.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 11:20am

Style: Boxing, KSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm doing more research, with my impression from you all, it wouldn't be a bad idea if i drove 40-50 mins away for a better school. thanks for your help, and if i do go to the KSW school, i'll post a weekly update, but i'm trying to avoid it as best i can.

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 12:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Run from it like you'd run from a hand grenade dipped in AIDS.

Of course, the only good KSW beatdown I've seen on Youtube is Jay Lee pimpslapping a pimp. Don't let the name fool you.... Jay Lee was a big white dude with blonde hair.

In any case, this pimp is slapping around wunna hiz bichiz and to make a long story short, he comes up to Lee and Lee does a forearm smash on the side of his neck!

Is it proof that KSW is cool? NO! Jay Lee was a Marine in Vietnam and was in other MA's before going to KSW. Both Jay Lee and Marlin Sims were the two badasses of kuksool and they are both long gone.....
    Last edited by jkdbuck76; 1/11/2008 12:36pm at .
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 31323334 ... LastLast