Sponsored Links Spacer Image

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    7/25/2006 1:53pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ummm, i'm not sure what you want explained. I think just about all those are covered in the posts I made. If something was left unclear that doesn't explain any of those though let me know.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    7/25/2006 2:01pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No please. I'm a bit dense. Eplain this:

No, seriously, what the **** is happening here:

Are you serious?:

No, really, what are these people learning here?:

I really have no fucking clue what any of that is. And I can do this all day long.

Dagon

P.S. Woo hoo!

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    7/25/2006 2:04pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, honestly, I don't know what to tell you then. You're obviously too dense for me. What I posted should answer your questions...

The best I can tell you is go back over my posts until you get it or die trying.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2006 2:21pm

Style: Linear Hand Techniques

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure KSW is just fine as a MA........ but those fans are just funny!

I think if you attacked me with those I would instantly drop to the ground laughing and you would easily be able to apply any submission you can think of.

Posted On:
    7/25/2006 2:23pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your explanation was basically that the amount of mcdojoism and BS varies according to school correct? And that wide spread martial arts usually fall to mcdojoism in order to thrive?

Can you please explain to me why wide spread MAs like BJJ and Muay Thai suffer from a smaller degree of mcdojoism please? I'm not being accusational, just operating on what I've heard from you about Kuk Sool Won.

Also, isn't this the art that Big Daddy Gary Goodridge started training in?
    And will you promise to follow up with us on this after the throwdown?

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    7/25/2006 2:35pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    Your explanation was basically that the amount of mcdojoism and BS varies according to school correct? And that wide spread martial arts usually fall to mcdojoism in order to thrive?

Can you please explain to me why wide spread MAs like BJJ and Muay Thai suffer from a smaller degree of mcdojoism please? I'm not being accusational, just operating on what I've heard from you about Kuk Sool Won.
    My best guess is that a McDojo that wants to get money. To do this, they tend to, but not always, target parents with kids. Parents generally have the idea that they want their kids to learn something they can use without have to be in a "violent" type of art. I'm not saying they're being rational in this at all, I'm just saying what I believe them to be thinking. MT and BJJ, I'll admit, do require a bit more hard work that a lot of younger kids these days may not want to stick with, or their parents simply don't want them in a "brutal ufc type sport." My personal feeling is that you'll see more schools that offer "BJJ" and "MT" in the future now that these are gaining popularity. I put that in quotes because I'm referring to fraudulent teachers that won't teach real or good versions of those. They'll have minimal training, with little experience. That's just my thoughts though. Once upon a time it was believed the style needed a gi/dobok and have an asian flare to be a serious MA. That's what allowed arts like the one I'm in to take off faster and fall victim to the questionable practices that are running rampant in MA's in general today. God I hope that's clear, and understandable.

Also, isn't this the art that Big Daddy Gary Goodridge started training in?
    And will you promise to follow up with us on this after the throwdown?
    He never actually trained in it. He just wore the dobok because he admittedly thought you needed one to be taken seriously. In an interview he said he heard about a school in canada that was trying to send someone to the UFC. So he showed up, challenged the guy and won. The terms were that if he won they'd give him the money they were using for their guy, a 4th degree blackbelt, and a uniform. This was an independant school not affiliated with the WKSA.

To answer your last question, yes I'll post a follow up after the throwdown regardless of how I do.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/25/2006 2:46pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KSWolf
    Well, the fan is a traditional Korean Royal Court weapon. One starts learning to use it at 3rd Dahn. This includes strikes with it folded up as well as strikes with it open because they were somtimes made to have sharpened spines. As I understand it this weapon was traditionally used by the female bodyguards of the Royal Court because it was eaily concealed. As for why they're pink today. My guess is that in Korea the color pink doesn't have the same feminine connotation it does here. Though, I could be wrong on that last one. Any Korean historians (DerAuslander) feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about the history at all.
    The fan was a traditional Confucian martial art weapon in Korea, likely due to Chinese influence. It was something everyone carried if you were a yangbang (noble), and it was easy to modify. Steel ribs instead of wood, sharped points to the ribs, all could make it a cutting weapon when opened. Folded up, it was a convenient truncheon.

In a country where everyone around you was carrying one, it was easy for you to carry a "weaponized" fan without anyone noticing. This was important not only for the obvious reasons, but also because many martial artists were looked down on in the Yi Dynasty.

And pink doesn't really have the gay connotations in Korean culture as it does here...

Something I had to explain to my gf everytime she bought me new clothes...
    Last edited by Jiggle Butt; 7/25/2006 2:48pm at .

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    7/25/2006 2:49pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    guess i learn something new everyday

Posted On:
    7/25/2006 2:55pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KSWolf
    Yeah, at least it's recognition that the art is lacking somewhere, and they're not all of a sudden saying, "Wait, we just discovered the MYDTJ has t3h d34dly guillotine choke. It's always been in our style! We just didn't know it!"
    It does?

I must have missed that...

*Goes back and grumbles about having to translate old Hanja again...*

Posted On:
    7/25/2006 2:57pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin
    ****! Limited to 20 pics? Anyway, this is just too easy. I'm through not even 5% of what Yahoo came up with, and I still had to cut off 15 pics.

Um... explain?

Dagon

P.S. Korea sucks.
    You do Wing Chun.

PS: You suck.
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast