Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162223242526 27282930 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 7:57pm

Style: Boxing, KSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i know this is an old thread, but its the most comprehensive thing i've found on kuk sool on the web. but i have a question for wolf being as he seems the authority on the matter. i'm looking to get into kuk sool, and i've read this whole thread and all others about kuk sool and understand that it get's a bad wrap. but i wanted to know though about it's forms and more specifically how good is the weapons training. i understand it's weak sparring, for which i will continue my sparring sessions with my boxing and MT friends, but i think i want to learn an art with forms, if not for it's actual application, then for it's tradition and just something to practice if i don't have someone to spar.

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 8:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to learn forms for tradition then you need to make sure you aren't studying an art thats "tradition" consists of a pastiche of karate, TKD and aikido which is then claimed to go back 4 billion years when the first bacterial grandmaster observed a fight between two prokaryotes.
    Last edited by Virus; 1/08/2008 9:47pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 8:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i feel ya man, and i understand that the history of KSW is wii'k to say the least, and i understand that the art is only 40 years old, but that's still in it's own right a tradition imo. i just want to know how ks practicioners like their forms in all aspects of the word like.

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 12:18am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"There is no Dana, only Kuk Sool."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 1:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ouch, yeah, that is an eyesore, if i do practice KSW and get high enough to use the fans, can't i just use a black fan that matches the uniform?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 3:08am

Style: WHKD & Doce Pares

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by reinerbs
    ouch, yeah, that is an eyesore, if i do practice KSW and get high enough to use the fans, can't i just use a black fan that matches the uniform?
    Or you can just get a nice pink uni to match the fans.

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 9:07am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't do t3h kuk sool. Even if you think you want to do it, don't. Do judo. Even if you don't want to, and you try it out and hate every minute of it, do it anyway.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 11:04am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a Kuk Sool Won school literally a half a block from my house, I drive by it all the time on the way to work/school whatnot...and I always see them crazy shits jumpins around in them their black ninja suits.

but seriously though, Sometimes they are outside on the lawn with bo staffs. I can barely make a remark as I only capture a glimpse of what they do as I drive by....however they have often been doing things that inspire a chuckle. That alone is enough to scare me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 5:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've been to the school and it doesn't seem as bad as everyones saying. they don't spar the way i want, but i can always supplement that right? i also box, but there isn't a gym in my area, and it seems wolf and a few others with a KSW background is alright, not everyone seems to be a zealot if you keep an open mind and understand it's weaknesses and work on them on your own. why is it such a cancer on this forum though? i've tediously read through every KSW thread i could and it seems it's such a bitch school because they don't fight hxc, and they have gay ass fans. i can fight hxc on my own and i don't have to play with gay fans if i don't have to. for real, is it that bad?

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 6:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've been to the school and it doesn't seem as bad as everyones saying. they don't spar the way i want, but i can always supplement that right? i also box, but there isn't a gym in my area, and it seems wolf and a few others with a KSW background is alright, not everyone seems to be a zealot if you keep an open mind and understand it's weaknesses and work on them on your own. why is it such a cancer on this forum though? i've tediously read through every KSW thread i could and it seems it's such a bitch school because they don't fight hxc, and they have gay ass fans. i can fight hxc on my own and i don't have to play with gay fans if i don't have to. for real, is it that bad?
    You realize Wolf doesn't do it anymore right?

Pink fans and no sparring are the main things. It suffers all the other symptoms of any mcdojo, least from what I read.
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162223242526 27282930 ... LastLast