Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2006 8:06am

Style: KrottyCrappleAnimeLARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    No, my guess is he went to a Lowestoft demo and formed his opinion there. I could be wrong, but I don't know since this noob won't put a specific style in his field.
    Thats where your WRONG wolfy baby:tongue1: . Lu is right. Also you say that KSW has the potential to be a good Fighting MA... But you never say how.

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    10/16/2006 11:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take away the fluffy pink fans and replace them with handguns.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. It’s the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2006 3:50am

Style: KrottyCrappleAnimeLARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkdbuck76
    Take away the fluffy pink fans and replace them with handguns.
    But then again, you could say that for any martial art.:XXsunsmil

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    10/17/2006 11:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How 'bout guns with fluffy pink feathers coming out of the handgrip or red tassles?

Make sure that the gun doesn't look too Chinese or Japanese.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. It’s the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 5:18pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, Judo, WTF TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Guksul is billed as a traditional Korean martial art.

Too bad it's not.
    Uh, you might want to visit the official WKSA website and check that...

http://www.kuksoolwon.com/

Notice how it says on the main banner-

"A comprehensive traditional Korean martial arts system" ?

and under the page-

http://www.kuksoolwon.com/kuksool01.html

it says-

"Kuk Sool Won™ is a systematic study of all of the traditional fighting arts, which together comprise the martial arts history of Korea. As such, Kuk Sool Won™ is extremely well organized and seeks to integrate and explore all aspects of the traditional Korean martial arts.
    As a martial arts system, Kuk Sool Won™ covers the entire spectrum of established Asian fighting arts and body conditioning techniques, as well as mental development and traditional weapons training. The following list includes some, but by no means all, of the elements of Kuk Sool Won™."

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gringokahn
    Uh, you might want to visit the official WKSA website and check that...

http://www.kuksoolwon.com/

Notice how it says on the main banner-

"A comprehensive traditional Korean martial arts system" ?

and under the page-

http://www.kuksoolwon.com/kuksool01.html

it says-

"Kuk Sool Won™ is a systematic study of all of the traditional fighting arts, which together comprise the martial arts history of Korea. As such, Kuk Sool Won™ is extremely well organized and seeks to integrate and explore all aspects of the traditional Korean martial arts.

As a martial arts system, Kuk Sool Won™ covers the entire spectrum of established Asian fighting arts and body conditioning techniques, as well as mental development and traditional weapons training. The following list includes some, but by no means all, of the elements of Kuk Sool Won™."
    So you are saying KSW is an effective fighting art , Then can you explain why black and colored belts are constantly changing to things like MMA ( a systematic study and culmination of fighting arts ) and Muay Thai , kickboxing , and judo ?

If it is so awesome and explores the traditions of Korean Martial Arts ... why would they be claiming to cover the whole spectrum of Asian M.A. ?

Could it be that it isn't a traditional KMA .. mainly becouse KMA came from the rest of the world and was adopted after scratching off the serial numbers and fagging it up with pink fans ?

And of course the head website has a firm belief in honesty and portraying things as they ARE not as KSW would like them to appear . Nobody lies in advertising and the internet . There are laws against that ... it just doesn't happen . So I retract my statement ... KSW is a traditional KMA .. even though it's website hints that it isn't even close to a traditional KMA though .. of course ... it is .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 6:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    So you are saying KSW is an effective fighting art , .
    Where did I say that? And who the f are you? I was replying to DerAuslander108...

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 6:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where did I say that? And who the f are you? I was replying to DerAuslander108...
    I am of course a BackFisting Monkey . Nice to meet you .

If you were purely speaking to Der ... there is a an IM feature to use , so that other people will not feel as if you are trying to spread wrong , incorrect , or exagerated material on a Martial Arts Board that is here to help correct and stop the flow of Bullshido and misrepresentation in the world of Martial Arts .

Now in the ealier post you quoted

from the site trying to prove that KSW is/was a Traditional KMA . The site and your quote openly state is based on "fighting arts" which infers of course that they kept those elements in the system . Or it wouldn't be based on traditional fighting arts . It would be based around the roleplaying and culture of fighting arts .
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 6:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    I am of course a BackFisting Monkey . Nice to meet you .

If you were purely speaking to Der ... there is a an IM feature to use , so that other people will not feel as if you are trying to spread wrong , incorrect , or exagerated material on a Martial Arts Board that is here to help correct and stop the flow of Bullshido and misrepresentation in the world of Martial Arts .

Now in the ealier post you quoted

from the site trying to prove that KSW is/was a Traditional KMA . The site and your quote openly state is based on "fighting arts" which infers of course that they kept those elements in the system . Or it wouldn't be based on traditional fighting arts . It would be based around the roleplaying and culture of fighting arts .

I was replying to DA108's response that Kuk Sool is not billed as a traditional ma... obviously, based on thier site it is...

...and being that the information is taken directly from thier official site, I don't see how you say that I am spreading mis-information. If you have a problem with the accuracy of their propaganda, then I suggest you take it up with them...
    Last edited by gringokahn; 11/22/2006 6:48pm at .

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 7:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was replying to DA108's response that Kuk Sool is not billed as a traditional ma... obviously, based on thier site it is...

...and being that the information is taken directly from thier official site, I don't see how you say that I am spreading mis-information. If you have a problem with the accuracy of their propaganda, then I suggest you take it up with them...
    Your point is not valid becouse the data presented is wrong and contradicts itself on the issue of it being a "A comprehensive traditional Korean martial arts system" when it openly states it took from all Asian Martial Arts and then goes on to further in the site they took conditioning and other peices of other systems .

The site contradicts itself so hard , so deeply , so often it should have hemeroids .

That is all I am trying to point out .

You just got poked in the proccess ... sorry if your not an idiot . I can't tell yet :new_puppy
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994