Dude, next time read the thread!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2006 5:22am

Style: KrottyCrappleAnimeLARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CamRob
    Now, how about KSW's effectiveness? I can't speak for others but i can tell you that I've crossed trained with Shaolin, TKD, Kali, Karate, Judo, etc.
    And let me guess, you don't tell your fellow students/instructors this in case you get thrown out.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    9/10/2006 6:17am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had never heard of KSW until I read about it in Taekwondo Times Magazine. I have read most of the negative posts about it. KSW seems destined to be ridiculed like TKD is at every turn. There are people in EVERY MA that think their MA is the greatest. Look at the BJJ guys!! Yet No one trounces them for being blind to the fact that a mixture of MA is better if you want to go around fighting. Some MA appear useless or their move execution strange or without power if you do not understand the particular MA. In TKD there are a great deal of moves in the Forms that are useless (Slow double palm press block, slow inverted punch...etc.). A kiai yell that is practiced in the dojo could be plenty loud but is lost in a large arena environment. The weapons that seem strange to others (Bow/Arrow, fan, sword..etc.) are a homage to the weapons used when the MA begaan, or a remmeberance of a better time in the MA. If you want to learn a practical weapon then learn knife fighting, or take tactical pistol lessons and get a CC permit. The use of weapons such as the fan is traditional, not as a means of self defense. The reason some Tourneys dont use full contact is for INSURANCE reasons. Believe it or not some people SUE others. The KSW kids wouldnt but you better believe that some parent would. Some people say that TKD is useless for self defense. Find the Olympic Gold medalist and fight them. See what happens ( I DO NOT practice Olympic TKD) Some people say that Karate looks silly. Go pick a fight with Bill Wallace...see what happens. Dont trash a MA because you dont understand it, do some research about the weapons, reasons for some of the moves and so forth. then come back with questions, not criticism. I have learned more about KSW from research and it is an interesting MA. You must realize that ALL MA have some weird rules, some strange customs, and some ego tripping S.o.B. in them that wants you to bow and revere him, so be it. If thats your thing.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    9/10/2006 6:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Het Silvan...maybe your friend just sucks at it. Has you BB friend been to a lot of other schools...how can he say for sure that most fo them are like that? I get it all the time from people bashing TKD. I USE my hands...yet people often get the wrong perception, from the BS thay had heard about TKD.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 12:07am

Style: BJJ, MMA, Judo, WTF TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well said, oldman...

also, KSWolf...I commend you for the attempt, but it's just open season from the idiots and trolls who pick and choose photos..."COME ON WITH THE PINK FANS....BLAH BLAH..." or have unverifiable stories, etc...

To all the nontrolls and nonidiots reading this - Kuk Sool Won is also billed as "Traditional Korean Martial Arts" as stated before the fans are part of that, Kuk Sool Won has plenty of other "more manly" weapons.

EDIT: At the time I made this post, I was a practicing KSW'er and really in the dark about what real martial arts are all about. Since being on Bullshido, I would like to say that I have since left KSW and renounce it as McDojang. Anyone who is searching for the truth and can't get the truth after reading Matt Thornton's Aliveness 101 (a sticky with the link is on the BJJ forum here) is an idiot and should be shot. Thank you.
    Last edited by gringokahn; 12/11/2006 9:59pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 2:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    Het Silvan...maybe your friend just sucks at it. Has you BB friend been to a lot of other schools...how can he say for sure that most fo them are like that? I get it all the time from people bashing TKD. I USE my hands...yet people often get the wrong perception, from the BS thay had heard about TKD.
    If you read his post, you would have known that it wasn't JUST his friend. It was everyone at the competition.

P.S Paragraphs people.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 6:43am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guksul is billed as a traditional Korean martial art.

Too bad it's not.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 7:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Yagami
    If you read his post, you would have known that it wasn't JUST his friend. It was everyone at the competition.

P.S Paragraphs people.

I read the post. was addressing a particular part. Maybe his perception was wrong about the competition. Maybe he doesnt understand what KSW is about. Just because a certain group may not be up to par in his book doesntmean you can condemn the enitre MA. If someone saw him do his MA of choice could they same the same thing?

As always thanks for trolling.......

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 7:30am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    Here's one quick story. Big martial arts demo- run by Byong Yu- big time champ in the 70's U.S. tournament, and in 60's Korea. Kyuk sool Wan grandmaster comes walking in, master Yu turns and say's " NO KYUK SOOL WON!"- KSW master spins on a penny and leaves.

No ****? Happens to me all the time. Every time I walk in to a tourney they say...NO!! We wont take your entry fee...No TKD here...while I cant spin on a penny Im not bad with half dollars.

BTW who was the "Grandmaster?"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 8:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    I read the post. was addressing a particular part. Maybe his perception was wrong about the competition. Maybe he doesnt understand what KSW is about. Just because a certain group may not be up to par in his book doesntmean you can condemn the enitre MA. If someone saw him do his MA of choice could they same the same thing?

As always thanks for trolling.......
    There is no such thing as a wrong perception. Tell me, what do you know about KSW and it's shady past?

I was at this competition and let me tell you. When the top levels of a martial art look crap, you know somethings wrong.