Page 10 of 36 First ... 6789101112131420 ... Last
  1. #91
    "I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"
    Dagon Akujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)
    Posts
    1,842
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    NOVA/MD Hedz.

    Peeps from Northern VA and MD, yo.
    I may be one of those peeps soon. It makes me sad, but there simply are no teaching positions in good ol' MI. :crybaby2:

    Crap, I'm really not trying to hijack this thread.

    Dagon

  2. #92
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_armbarz0r_you
    Holy ****.. Who is that delicious looking woman in your avatar there?
    Gemma Nguyen, Final Fu goddess.

  3. #93
    WhiteShark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,167
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It doesn't matter how hot she is, she is a musical nunchuk forms champion. :(

  4. #94
    kungfujew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    the left coast
    Posts
    726
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice mullet!

  5. #95
    T3h R34l Gangnam Style! staff
    Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,540
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    Here's one quick story. Big martial arts demo- run by Byong Yu- big time champ in the 70's U.S. tournament, and in 60's Korea. Kyuk sool Wan grandmaster comes walking in, master Yu turns and say's " NO KYUK SOOL WON!"- KSW master spins on a penny and leaves.
    hmmm...evidence please.

  6. #96
    T3h R34l Gangnam Style! staff
    Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,540
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whiteshark, I'e been racking my brain for years trying to remember the name of a movie I saw once a long time ago. I couldn't remember any of the cast, just the basic plot, but couldn't find it. Your avatar has finally solved it for me! Is that movie as bad as I remember?
    Last edited by Wolf; 7/26/2006 4:44pm at . Reason: grammar

  7. #97

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,952
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KSWolf
    hmmm...evidence please.
    Sorry, it happened before you were born. I did eye witness a couple of young women witrh fat asses come in to my Kempo school and talk to us like a couple of Zombie sex slaves- "sau bu nim say's this, Sau bu nim says that"- all very cult like. After they left, we were like, what the fact were they on- This was 1981, so, we didn't have little camcorders back then. I just remember it was really, really weird. You have to remember Rev Moon was big back then, and Korean TKD schools were trying to get in on that racket. BTW, master Yu changed his system to Yong Do Kwon, and had everyone bow and say Yong Do (Yong was his middle name). Some coke fiend black belt told me too look at the floor while I said that, and thankfully, auto pay didn't exist (1977) and I left at the end of the month.

  8. #98
    T3h R34l Gangnam Style! staff
    Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,540
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, it supposedly happened before I was born. You're telling me you witnessed the event where Kuk Sa Nim was kicked out of tournemant? As for fat women coming in to your school and saying what their instructor says, how do two students at all reflect on an art? Also, what city did all of this go down in?

  9. #99

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,952
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Berkeley, Caifornia. And the girls were trying to convert us, like Jehovah's witnesses. My instructor did get a nice trophy from their tournament in Texas, though. Byong Yu was and is and will always be an asshole, but he was a top notch fighter, and much tougher then the local KSW grandmaster, who looked anorexic. Yu would do 10-15 mile runs 5 days a week and train with weights and Moo duk Kwon. TKD back then was much, much closer to the kind of impact in KyoKushin- kicks followed though, solid punching below the neck was not ignored, none of this clinching bullshit. Yu trained Sam Montgomery, who went over to Japan and knocked out a Japanese kickboxer when that was unheard of at the time- 1977-79. Sam went on to train George Tsutsui, who defeated Danny Steele, in a controversial decision. One of Master Yu's more Prima Donna black belts, left to join KSW, so he could get a higher rank, than Yu would allow. The Black Belt had done some things to embaress himself- getting KTFO, drugs, etc, and also having a less than stellar street fight, that had much to do with why he didn't get ranked. Plus, he thought he was better than Sam- not! That is probably where the antimosity came from. You can call me a liar....but it's all too true.

  10. #100
    T3h R34l Gangnam Style! staff
    Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,540
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    Berkeley, Caifornia. And the girls were trying to convert us, like Jehovah's witnesses. My instructor did get a nice trophy from their tournament in Texas, though. Byong Yu was and is and will always be an asshole, but he was a top notch fighter, and much tougher then the local KSW grandmaster, who looked anorexic. Yu would do 10-15 mile runs 5 days a week and train with weights and Moo duk Kwon. TKD back then was much, much closer to the kind of impact in KyoKushin- kicks followed though, solid punching below the neck was not ignored, none of this clinching bullshit. Yu trained Sam Montgomery, who went over to Japan and knocked out a Japanese kickboxer when that was unheard of at the time- 1977-79. Sam went on to train George Tsutsui, who defeated Danny Steele, in a controversial decision. One of Master Yu's more Prima Donna black belts, left to join KSW, so he could get a higher rank, than Yu would allow. The Black Belt had done some things to embaress himself- getting KTFO, drugs, etc, and also having a less than stellar street fight, that had much to do with why he didn't get ranked. Plus, he thought he was better than Sam- not! That is probably where the antimosity came from. You can call me a liar....but it's all too true.
    First, there's only 1 "grandmaster" in Kuk Sool Won. And to the best of my knowledge no one has ever contested the abilities of In Hyuk Suh (or any member of his family for that matter). I'll admit there are a number of blackbelts these days that are less than stellar. My theory...a KSW blackbelt showed up at said tournament, was told to leave because there Byung Yu didn't like KSW or had something against In Hyuk Suh and the blackbelt left. You knew this, and decided instead to inflate this persons rank to "grandmaster" because it sounded better when trying to troll me. Unfortunatly, there is only 1 grandmaster, not a bunch of local ones. As for a blackbelt leaving TKD to join KSW for a higher ranking, that's preposterous. It takes a significant amount of time to move up in ranks in KSW. TKD wouldn't help that much considering it's a striking art where as KSW contains striking, joint-locks/throws, weapons, a COMPLETELY different kind of formset to name a few differences. Sorry, just because you say it's true doesn't make it so.

Page 10 of 36 First ... 6789101112131420 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO