223815 Bullies, 3812 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 171 to 180 of 310
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 1920212228 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Torakaka is offline
    Torakaka's Avatar

    Do you eat breakfast?

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,658

    Posted On:
    10/22/2006 6:18pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kicking at any target is going to make you easy to knock over, not just kicking at the head. You're still standing on one foot even when you're kicking the leg.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
  2. Epicurus is offline

    I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,492

    Posted On:
    10/22/2006 6:52pm


     Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Kicking at any target is going to make you easy to knock over, not just kicking at the head. You're still standing on one foot even when you're kicking the leg.
    I think you can make a pretty good case that a high-kick makes you easier to knock over than a kick aimed at the waist or legs, since the leg goes higher and stays up longer. This just means that high kicks need a bit more set-up or timing.
  3. Torakaka is offline
    Torakaka's Avatar

    Do you eat breakfast?

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,658

    Posted On:
    10/22/2006 7:32pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus
    I think you can make a pretty good case that a high-kick makes you easier to knock over than a kick aimed at the waist or legs, since the leg goes higher and stays up longer. This just means that high kicks need a bit more set-up or timing.
    I only ever see people getting knocked over when they do a kick where they're foot gets caught on the person's shoulder, like axe kicks or when people don't bother to bring their leg back after the kick.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
  4. Epicurus is offline

    I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,492

    Posted On:
    10/22/2006 7:36pm


     Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    I only ever see people getting knocked over when they do a kick where they're foot gets caught on the person's shoulder, like axe kicks or when people don't bother to bring their leg back after the kick.
    Agreed, when the fighter throwing the high kick knows how to throw it (at what range and with what set-up) they almost never seem to get knocked over (Ken Shamrock, you go away now). Grappling doesn't automatically negate high kicks. Need I direct the sceptical to Cro Cop, Lidell, and lots of other MMA fighters who simply do not get taken down as a result of high kicks.
  5. Hannibal is offline

    Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,334

    Posted On:
    10/22/2006 8:08pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus
    Grappling doesn't automatically negate high kicks. Need I direct the sceptical to Cro Cop, Lidell, and lots of other MMA fighters who simply do not get taken down as a result of high kicks.

    They are also train in grappling, have excellent takedown-defense skills and are the some of the best proffessional fighters in the world today. Which is why they often make high kicks work.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!
  6. Torakaka is offline
    Torakaka's Avatar

    Do you eat breakfast?

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,658

    Posted On:
    10/22/2006 8:15pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    They are also train in grappling, have excellent takedown-defense skills and are the some of the best proffessional fighters in the world today. Which is why they often make high kicks work.
    actually, they make high kicks work because they're really good kickboxers.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
  7. Hannibal is offline

    Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,334

    Posted On:
    10/22/2006 8:23pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My point was these guys make high kicks work because they are the best fighters alive on the planet. Plus they are trained in all ranges of grappling including groundfighting. WHich means that even if they get taken down, they know how defend and fight on the ground. It's not a problem for them.

    For most of us, high kicks would not be the best thing. Right now I'm at work in an office wearing a suite and dress shoes. If I was to be attacked right now by the asshole who broke the copier, head kicks are the last thing I would be using.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!
  8. Torakaka is offline
    Torakaka's Avatar

    Do you eat breakfast?

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,658

    Posted On:
    10/22/2006 8:25pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    My point was these guys make high kicks work because they are the best fighters alive on the planet. Plus they are trained in all ranges of grappling including groundfighting. WHich means that even if they get taken down, they know how defend and fight on the ground. It's not a problem for them.

    For most of us, high kicks would not be the best thing. Right now I'm at work in an office wearing a suite and dress shoes. If I was to be attacked right now by the asshole who broke the copier, head kicks are the last thing I would be using.
    I guess you're not very good at head kicks.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
  9. Hannibal is offline

    Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,334

    Posted On:
    10/22/2006 8:35pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Better than you at them I can tell you.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!
  10. Odacon is offline
    Odacon's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,627

    Posted On:
    10/22/2006 8:38pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    Better than you at them I can tell you.
    Videotape yourself high kicking a bag or during sparring.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.