Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 7:26pm

Style: Relson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What do you think of enforced automatic EFT payments for training fees?

My school is now going to enforce automatic EFT payments for all training fees. It is mandatory for all students. I was told, but not in detail that you have to have a good reason not to do this.

I do not like this. I like having a iron fist on my account. The only company that is allowed automatic withdrawl is my student loan company, but only because it benfits me in the end. They give a lower interest rate over time to where it is virtually like having no interest at all.

What do you guys think?

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 7:53pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont like it but i deal with it it seems to me that most places are going this route.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 7:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well I'm not going to deal with it. its not a good idea.. for student loans its maybe one thing..'specially if they give you discount benifits - it can get a bit tricky of you call for a forberance or something I would think. But for gyms (coughs - Gold's Gym) or an academy. it has its withdrawls... like you have to go away for a month at short notice or at notice. too many horror stories. Almost every fincacial anyalists or advisor for instance (just for a household name) like Susie Orman. It just ... STUPID!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 8:40pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think its a good idea, well it is for them, smart move, but for the "client" it really sucks not beeing in control of your own money.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 9:18pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I have to say is this. **** you guys. Try owning a fucking gym, having people show up and not pay their fucking dues. I'm here to coach and teach damnit not be a bill collector. If you don't think the school's worth it then you shouldn't be going there in the first fucking place. All my students are on mandatory billing. If they don't like it they can leave. I've got bills to pay and mouths to feed. I never turn anybody away because of money but if they agree to be a member then that's the way it's going to be.

(BTW this message is for those who don't agree with the EFT or refuse to pay it so there)

vent off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 9:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    part of owning a buisness is to be versitle but also managing the pros and the cons of accepting paymments. maybe you just fucking suck at that? nothing is worth fucking up your financial situation. that is just stupid.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 10:43pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eviechu
    part of owning a buisness is to be versitle but also managing the pros and the cons of accepting paymments. maybe you just fucking suck at that? nothing is worth fucking up your financial situation. that is just stupid.
    **** yeah I suck at it. I teach people to fight and defend themselves **** this versatile crap. I spent the first 4 years trying to be fucking versatile. Why would it be fucking up your finances? You quit, stop payment, nuf said. Now if you're saying you're signing an absolute contract for 1 year and you must pay, yeah that's fucked but just to pay your fucking bills. Give me a fucking break. We business owners lose a bit a money just to make sure all the members are paying. Why should we live out in the street because you forget to pay the bill, or you just decide not to pay for a month that you only trained 2 days, or anything along that line. Like I've said about a lot of things, walk a mile in my shoes bitch and see how you feel.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 10:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train at two places. One I pay quarterly and the other monthly withdrawls. I could have paid month to month but it would have cost me $40 more a month to do so.

So it was a fair deal.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 10:51pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been at an EFT school for 4 years.

Because of injury, I've been charged money every month even though I haven't been there. But because I've been an awesome student and they know I want to be back, they're keeping a queue of how long I've been away so that when I can come back, my tuition is already paid for.

And the fact is, Omega as property owner trumps most other views on this matter. Wah wah wah, my martial arts school takes my money every month no matter what. Well, unless you made a bad choice in schools, you should be paying every month. And most schools that have EFT usually work out some kind of deal if for some reason, you have to defer a payment.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/22/2006 8:03am

supporting member
     Style: age&treachery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Steve
    I've been at an EFT school for 4 years.

Because of injury, I've been charged money every month even though I haven't been there. But because I've been an awesome student and they know I want to be back, they're keeping a queue of how long I've been away so that when I can come back, my tuition is already paid for.
    Well, how convenient for you! Unless you get hit by a bus.

Seriously, that very well illustrates the problem of EFT from the consumer side: inertia.

Let's say you've missed four months, and they agree that you have that much "credit." You return to training in August, for the first of your four months. But they have you set to auto-rape, so they take their August dues out of your account anyway. You call it to their attention, and they tell you it takes some time to sort these things out. And that, after all, they're there to teach you how to fight, not to do a bunch of paperwork, or whatever.

Point is, why not stop charging you when you tell them you're injured, and start again when you return?

[blank stare]

"These go to 'eleven.'"

OTOH, I suppose the "credit" arrangement does benefit you if you've signed up for a one-year-hell-or-high-water contract. Then the gym would indeed be doing you a solid . . . and it would be clearer when your credit kicks in (unlike if you were simply doing a rolling month-to-month arrangement, where there's no end point).
Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast