Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 9:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Has anyone trained with Dan Netherland?

I met this guy in St. Louis last weekend. He calls his style kinami ryu aikijujutsu. Just curious if anyone out there knows of him. His website is www.aikijujitsu.com . He seems like a nice guy but the title of Dr. and holder of multiple world records throws up some major red flags.

Thanks in advance.

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 5:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Be suspicious, be very suspicious...
    Last edited by KIRIKAMI8; 11/25/2008 5:31pm at .

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 6:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsutomoe
    I met this guy in St. Louis last weekend. He calls his style kinami ryu aikijujutsu. Just curious if anyone out there knows of him. His website is www.aikijujitsu.com . He seems like a nice guy but the title of Dr. and holder of multiple world records throws up some major red flags.

Thanks in advance.
    What kind of aikijujutsu do you do?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2008 12:46am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I couldnt find anything about him at that link. The page was more like a search engine, than an actual webpage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2008 1:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    11/25/2008 4:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He'd do well at very least to throw this link on his site. It does him no favors that I have to verify this **** myself.

http://www.worldrecordsacademy.org/s...land_70864.htm

His breaking stuff is legit. I find really nothing of significance with regard to fighting. If you are planning to battle brick buildings and rock slides, he's your man.
    Last edited by Gabetuno; 11/25/2008 4:31pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    11/25/2008 4:32pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it safe to say that this should be booted over to YMAS for the moment?
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Posted On:
    11/25/2008 5:32pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon_Kenpo
    Hi Dan...

Posted On:
    8/23/2009 8:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Recently (in the last few years) Dan Netherland retired from teaching at his dojo in East Tennessee. The Doctor title has nothing to do with martial arts, he is a preacher/minister/something and holds services at a small church. I don't believe he really has anything to do with his own website (not really the technical type) Now, how do I know this? A friend of mine trained briefly under him, and I actually met him at his church :P Last note, my friend said the style he taught was a mash up of close range strikes and aikido style throws and joint torques.

Posted On:
    8/02/2013 9:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: aiki jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Absolutely legit !!

Sensei Netherland is absolutely legit. i have had the honor to meet and train under this man personally.
    His style is a no nonsense combination of aiki jujitsu, aikido, and kempo taught in traditional formal Japanese style. It is NOT a tournament style. It is true martial close combat techniques designed to grievously injure, or kill an opponent.
    He was a hand to hand instructor in the marine corps way, way, back in the day (long before most of you were born.) trained in Japan for some years in traditional Japanese style, and headed a security detail in the middle east just to name a few of his lifetime accomplishments. Volumes could be written about this man and what he has done. (Wait they already have been.)
    I highly recommend any who has the chance to pass through east Tn to stop in and meet this man personally. I consider him to be a living legend, and it is my great honor to have the opportunity to train under such a man.
    The public Dojo has been closed for some time, but private classes continue to the dedicated few, usually on Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Everyone is welcome to come see for themselves, and if you wish, step on the mat.
    If you do, tell Sensei Rob sent you !!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast