supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!>

<whipes mouth>

Ug....

10th dan at 35.

Started training when? Let's say 10 years old. Trained for 25 years and is a 10th dan.

Sounds about right.

Posted On:
    8/12/2006 2:16am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was always under the impression that to be promoted to a grade, someone at least one rank higher than you needed to promote you. In addition, a person was only able to promote to one grade lower than that which they possessed.

This also assumes that the person doing the promoting was advancing the other in their own style...

So what the hell is going on here?

You've got one guy with a made up style promoting another guy in ANOTHER made up style and giving a rank EQUAL to what the promoter has.

Wait...if this is how things work, then let me see if I understand correctly.

"At the ripe old age of 14, I achieved a Brown Belt 1st degree in Shaolin Kempo Karate. Therefore, I am fully entitled to promote another person that I haven't trained with to the rank of Brown Belt 1st degree in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu even though the styles are different and I've never met the guy."

Sound about right?

This has to be some sort of fraud somewhere...please?

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    8/12/2006 4:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Being promoted to Tenth Dan by Dr. Nesbitt made me the second youngest Judan (tenth-degree black belt) Grandmaster in the world at age 35, and the youngest person in the United States ever to have achieved this rank through legitimate means. Grandmaster Eizo Shimabukuro (Photo) of Okinawa, Japan, received his tenth-degree certification from Kanken Toyama in 1959 at 34 years of age.
    I wonder what the legitimate Japanese and Okinawans would think about this--after kicking his ass across the floor.

Et cetera. . . .

There is a reason the legitimate organizations only consider the rank for those over the age of 65 to 70 years.

A **** rank from a ****-head. Rather fits.

--J.D.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2006 7:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My understanding is two grades lower. However this could vary between styles.

Found this on the I.M.A.M.F fornt page:

"The IMAMF is very honored to have Professor Christopher N. Geary of Nebraska join our Federation. Professor Geary has had a remarkable martial art carreer and is the the Founder of Christopher N. Geary's Shaolin Ch'uan Fa system.

Professor Geary is a 10th degree Black Belt and I look foward to working with him and his students. The IMAMF gets many request for membership as you know, but unfortunately we cannot except everyone that applies because not everyone is what they say they are so we must keep the integrity of our Federation by only allowing martial artist like Professor Geary, who have a proven history, honesty and Integrity.

Please drop Professor Geary an email and welcome him and his students to our Federation. Welcome Professor Geary!!

Grandmaster Keith Nesbitt, 10th Dan
    President, IMAMF "

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2006 7:43am

Style: musabetsu kakuto & booj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the whold part about the Dr. Nesbitt and his bullshit systems an ranking of unqualified folk is completely disgusting

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    8/12/2006 7:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by S8M
    My understanding is two grades lower. However this could vary between styles.
    If you mean by age requirements, yes milage may vary. However, 9th and 10th are very much "honorary" in that it is given to those who have been in practice and teaching for like 50+ years and are old men. A good question to ask is how many 9th or 10th degree Judo practitioners there are . . . or Kyukoshikan . . . or any other Japanese based style. In mine, there are a few--all in their late 60s. There are two Americans with the rank of 9th--both been doing it for about 50 years.

To point of that blather is to even think of the rank for someone that young would be stunningly insulting to legitimate practioners. Shimabuku's group had a "problem" with rank inflation so I am not surprised this Asshole cites him as an "example."

This is really hilarious! Notice the "professor's" ironic spelling:

Found this on the I.M.A.M.F fornt page:

"The IMAMF is very honored to have Professor Christopher N. Geary of Nebraska join our Federation. Professor Geary has had a remarkable martial art carreer and is the the Founder of Christopher N. Geary's Shaolin Ch'uan Fa system.

Professor Geary is a 10th degree Black Belt and I look foward to working with him and his students. The IMAMF gets many request for membership as you know, but unfortunately we cannot except everyone that applies because not everyone is what they say they are so we must keep the integrity of our Federation by only allowing martial artist like Professor Geary, who have a proven history, honesty and Integrity.

Please drop Professor Geary an email and welcome him and his students to our Federation. Welcome Professor Geary!!
    Wonder if Bullshido should "drop him an e-mail?"

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2006 9:02am

Style: musabetsu kakuto & booj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it's time for another episode of... the BULLSHIDO INQUISITION... i would seriously love to see bullshidio bring down hardasses like that guy

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2006 9:09am

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well lookie here. Another cereal box 10th dan.:eusa_clap Joining the federation of 10th dan circle jerkers. Oh, I wish old days were back, when someone would
    out these types with other means.:icon_thum

Posted On:
    8/12/2006 9:26am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is IMAMF?

The IMAMF is a politics free organization that was created for the serious Martial artist to assit with seminars , rank recognition, training and support of todays Martial Artist.

The IMAMF is not a certificate mill, handing out certificates for everything under the sun. We have no annual fees and no directorship fees as some other organizations do. The IMAMF offers rank recognition certificates to any style or system that joins our organization. It is not just an internet organization with a couple of people taking money and sending certificates. It has a full training facility where any member can come and train for free of charge while they are in the area.

The one time fee for lifetime membership is only US $50.00 and rank recognition certificates are only $25.00 plus postage and handling of aprox. three dollars. The Board of directors is madeup of Masters and grandmasters from many different styles and systems who are prepared to help you with your every need. The IMAMF doesnt give out Proffesorship degrees or Doctorate Degrees because to do so is unethical when the Organization doesnt have the authority to do so by the Government and education Department of the United States of America.

There are organizations who charge as much as $2,500 for a country directorship certificate and this is unethical and plain out right robbery. There is no need for such fees for a certificate that means nothing and the people who are issuing these certificates arent even martial artist themselves. Its time for a change and the IMAMF is the refreshing change that you are looking for. The one time $50.00 for registration entitles the member to a seminar taught by Grandmaster Keith Nesbitt, four times world champion and Guiness Book of World Records, record holder 1989 edition. Grandmaster's traveling, hotel and food expenses must be paid for by hosting school.

Please give the IMAMF a try and see how we can help you with all your needs. Rank recognition, promotion and Certificate for founder of systems are just a few of the things we can do for you and they are all from legal legitemate martial art masters and grandmasters. Do you want to start your own system, we can help and we can help with what ever you need. Please feel free to call or write us anytime and we will be happy to take the time to explain why we are different.

Grandmaster Dr. Keith Nesbitt
    Founder and President of IMAMF

Posted On:
    8/12/2006 9:50am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't stand these groups like IMAMF. They use Jesus to sell Karate. How the **** do you do that? I am a christian and this really pisses me off. Lets see, how many fights did Jesus win? his homeboys? He was kindof non-karate... wait i just recived an update on the Jesus karate issue. It seems that the original texts were modified durring the council of Nicea by the roman emporer Constantine due to political correctness of the time.

from Luke:

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Unless thy agressor is Roman. Then thou shalt kick him in thine head. Though shalt do the work of the Lord that day and take him to the ground. Upon him you shall bring a mighty reckoning and a rear naked choke. This shall be pleasing in mine eye. For your enemy will run to and fro over the face of the earth crying, Wow to us. and I shall set my covenent with the IMAMF so that though shalt know it is real.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast