Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2002 10:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont think there have been talks about that yet hook?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/03/2002 12:19pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, but I am still looking for a rematch though. I think that it would be good for both of them if they fought again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2002 1:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From http://www.pridefc.com
    PRIDE: Helio Gracie asked that yesterday's match be declared a no-contest.

Yoshida: I don't really want to worry too much about that. It's up to the promoters to decide. I've done everything that I was supposed to do so there's nothing I can say about that. …He was probably out. I felt the power go out of him. That's why I thought he was out. (The choke) was in perfectly.

PRIDE: So you instinctively told the referee "he's out, he's out."

Yoshida: No, I said "Didn't he pass out?" I couldn't see him and I also didn't want to kill him. (laughing) I wasn't sure at all (if he was out) so I had to ask the referee. However, it would have been fine with me if we had kept going like that. As for the decision, I think the referee had the best position to see. I knew that his strength was gone but I don't know if he was out. If the fight hadn't been stopped I could have continued choking him. I'm confident that I could have choked him out.

PRIDE: Do you feel that you won?

Yoshida: In terms of the fight, yes. If there's a problem, there's nothing to do but leave it up to the promoters. I'm just glad I was able to get this new experience. That's the most important thing. What will happen from here, I leave that up to the promoters.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2002 8:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't like the way Royce fights. He would probably be my least favorite Gracie and I thought it was great that Saku took it to him.

That being said, Royce was TOTALLY ROBBED in that match! Yoshida did well and up until he got the mount, it was evenly matched. HE DID NOT EVEN HAVE A CHOKE! I could understand the mistake if he was DEFENDING a choke, but there wasn't even anything there! He just layed there on Royce from the mount.

This should definately be a rematch and a no-contest.

A.K.A MEAT
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12