Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 11:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ken Shamrock is still alive and he still fights. I never heard that rumor before.

<marquee>Dragon , Snake , Tiger , Leopard , Crane. R.M.F.A.F.T.A.T.! </marquee>

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 11:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have killed 12 people so far..............

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 11:53pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ken Shamrock was having some difficulties breathing. The heart attack was a rumor. Oh and Steve...

STFU ya newb

Welcome to bullshido.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Posted On:
    7/15/2003 2:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    heart attack was probably a fighter-bash/exaggeration. he got cardio problems in the middle of a fujita beating.

and btw, there has been only ONE death. not two...and that one he died b/c the fighter had an existing and dangerous brain problem (he kept blacking out in training?).

Do Be Open-minded
    Don't Be Gullible
    -----------------
    Aromatic Mornings, by BBN

Every morning I dream of Benzenes...
    Those wonderful
    planar
    conjugated
    1-3-5-cyclohexatrienes.

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    7/15/2003 3:26am

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't seen anything from a credible source that says Dedge had any pre existing condition, although I must admit I've found very little on him at all.

The only places I see statements saying Dedge was blacking out during training or he shouldn't have been in the ring in the first place are pro-MMA sites trying to say that his death had nothing to do with the sport. Where did you guys get your information?

And Os, I know people can surive a heart attack, but generally the heart is too damaged for the person to compete in professional athletics, especially combat sports. If Shamrock had a heart attack, inside the ring or out, I think is very unlikely that any major promotion would allow him to fight.

And make no mistake, the worst thing that could happen to UFC or Pride is for someone to be kill live on PPV right in front of our eyes. Pride would most likely survive, I think the Japanese would be able to get over it and move on, but it would likely be the end of UFC if it happened there.

I really do think it is only a matter of time before we see a life altering injury or even a death in main stream MMA.

<marquee>Dragon , Snake , Tiger , Leopard , Crane. R.M.F.A.F.T.A.T.! </marquee>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12