Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 6:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All the weight is where deus ex machina is standing!

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 7:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ur cneter of gravity hsould be in ur hips. If its not then u must be doing a retarded BS stance.

if you wanna pick someone up, you lower ur COG under theirs, and lift, so theres as little torque as possible.

if you wanna push kick, lean w/ ur hips.

When you turn attack, like a punch or round kick, just don't fall...keep ur COG still or moving steadily (like if ur charging at him)

Do Be Open-minded
    Don't Be Gullible
    -----------------
    Aromatic Mornings, by BBN

Every morning I dream of Benzenes...
    Those wonderful
    planar
    conjugated
    1-3-5-cyclohexatrienes.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 7:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazillian Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is crap. If you commit yourself to one weighting during a fight, you will lose. I find the whole idea of fixed weighting laughable. For instance, BigRod mentions that if you want to kick with the front leg, most of your weight should be on the back leg. Bullshit. This is highly dependant on what type of kick you are throwing. Weighting is totally and completely dynamic, and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. Trying to define a specific weighting in which one should fight is moronic. Defining weighting according to the desired result, taking into account the technique being performed is the only thing that makes sense, and it is generally more complex than anything that can be defined in a single post.

Flame on.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    "The difference between us, and other martial arts websites you might be looking for, is that we're not going to feed you, well, bullshit about martial arts."
    -Phrost

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 7:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, IMA = Internal Martial Arts (at least what XX is referring to).

I guess XX should answer since I've seen both acronyms, although give his background I think you're right.

I don't even really know what the hell an "internal" martial art is.

<marquee>Dragon , Snake , Tiger , Leopard , Crane. R.M.F.A.F.T.A.T.! </marquee>

***ned

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 7:37pm

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All the weight is where deus ex machina is standing!
    You son of a bitch, it's on!

~
    danny

"That baby better watch his mouth. I rape kids like him as part of my warm-up for raping teenagers, grown men, and eventually charging rhinos." - Boyd

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 7:41pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry dude, but men have a center of gravity in their chest. Its physical anatomical fact, not something you can change. Women have theirs in their hips...

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 8:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "BigRod mentions that if you want to kick with the front leg, most of your weight should be on the back leg. Bullshit."

Wrong answer. You may not start off with your body weight on the back leg, but in order to pick up that front leg and get in the air, your weight MUST be transfered to you back (supporting) leg.

It's simple body mechanics.

When I posted I was thinking of throwing the kick from a stand still position, but even when you are in motion, the weight MUST transfer to the back leg.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 8:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazillian Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again, bullshit. I maintain that it is entirely dependant on the kick being thrown, and the intent with which it is thrown. I can quite easily throw certain kicks with my front leg with absolutely *zero* transfer of weight onto my back leg. In fact, I can reduce the amount of weight on my back leg, were I to so desire. You're not thinking outside the box.

>in order to pick up that front leg and get in the air, your weight MUST be transfered to you back (supporting) leg.

This is called being slow.

Flame on.

Edited by - gong sau on July 11 2003 20:34:13
    -----------------------------------------------------
    "The difference between us, and other martial arts websites you might be looking for, is that we're not going to feed you, well, bullshit about martial arts."
    -Phrost

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 8:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm with gong sau here. I can throw most kicks with my lead leg without ever shifting weight to my back leg. It takes leg strength, speed, and balance.

A 7th dan I trained with once did a demo to **** with our conceptions of weight transfer (this when I started training for this). He got in a full forward bow stance. Basically 85% of his weight on the front leg and proceeded to throw front leg kicks faster than most of us could blink. each time he came back down into the same stance. It was nuts.

Again, i'm with gong sau. If you are so in the box that you are convinced you CAN'T do something then you wont be able to. Get outside of it and train wacky **** and you can do wacky ****.

---------
    Shut up and train

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 8:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How'bout "CIMA" or "ICMA"?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast