Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    7/12/2003 4:25am

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jenfucius, about the blows to the base of the skull, I've not much medical knowledge but I've heard they can jar the medula oblangata.

And about the 8 Immortals, the story of the invention of Drunken Boxing is that they got invited to an undersea kingdom, the hosts wanted to kill them so they got the immortals drunk, but the immortals invented Drunken Boxing on the spot and defended themselves.

Also, for me to believe in Taoist Immortals, I'd have to see some live to like 120 or 130 years. Sure, some reach 105, 110, 115 even, but it's gotta be a Chinese guy doing qigong and not a French lady holding the record for me to believe it increases longevity any more than natural by the law of averages/bell curve deal.
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2003 7:37am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone interested in Immortals should check out the book "The Magus of Java". It's about a modern Immortal. Pretty good.

Also, "Opening the Dragon Gate-The Making of a Taoist Wizard" is pretty good too.

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    7/12/2003 12:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dr. Santos-when did i mention faiths or religion? and i wasn't bragging. i was just trying to apply what i learned to MA. i realize no one cares, dumbass. if there's nothing to brag about, then how could i be bragging? if you interpret what i said in that way, maybe it's you that needs to take a look in the mirror.

and i'm not the one who titles himself "Dr. Santos", asshole.

Posted On:
    7/12/2003 12:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Amp I know about taoist immortals.

"Do what thou wilt is the whole of the Law"
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Posted On:
    7/12/2003 1:00pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember seeing Ring Of Fire back in the early 90's. I still have the video tape I got off the TV somewhere.
    I really dont think many people know about Immortals including Magnus of Java. Its mainly true but theres more that the book doesnt mention.
    It is not just chi kung exercises its much more than that. It has alot to do with internal alchemical process. Theres another school that practices the external method but it is presume extinct. I do have a nut case friend who is into alchemy. He's being doing it for the last twenty plus years. He has this huge lab set up in his attic. It almost looks like a meth lab or something out of the movies.

Ghost of Charles Dickens

Posted On:
    7/12/2003 1:11pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BlackBeltNow theres many secrets that have been hiden in the past. (I'm not saying theres dim mak or not. I leave that for people to investigate themselves.)
    You have governments that kept all kinds of secrets and still do to this very day. During WW2 many people didnt know what the other guys were researching. For example you had the Germans making nerve gas in which no body knew about or even the existence of such chemicals. You had Japan experimenting with Biological weopons etc. Many of these things were kept secret. Even today many people didnt know Microwave weopons existed and EMP (Electro Magnetic Pulse )weopons that could wipe out elelctronic equipment without physically distroying everything in site. Theres even a powdery substance found in Iraq that was developed in France that is like extreamly fine dust. Infact the smallest dust particle known (that can be mixed with a chemical agent) which can because of its small size penetrate all known chemical warfare suits currently developed. If you ask me its all interesting. Who knows what secrets people or nations are keeping.

Ghost of Charles Dickens

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2003 3:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dr. Santo in honor of El Santo, the wrestler... he studied medicine in the early years but dropped out...

Enough with the insults, you were the one that called yourself a dork.

And yes, you applied scientific medical stuff with what the point of pressure are about.
    Read about some acupunture man.

And im sorry if you thought i was insulting you, keep it cool man, it's just a debate.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 7:28am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ring of Fire was pretty interesting. Not only for John Chang, but also that really old guy who picked the exact day and time of his death.

But yes, there is much more to being an immortal than Chi Gung.

X

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 7:42am

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Theres even a powdery substance found in Iraq that was developed in France that is like extreamly fine dust. Infact the smallest dust particle known (that can be mixed with a chemical agent) which can because of its small size penetrate all known chemical warfare suits currently developed"

Hey Freddy, please...

Posted On:
    7/15/2003 2:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont be so ignornat. Do some research! The substance is use in industrial applications. Chemical suits are water resistance but not water proof. It cant be submerged in water without it leaking. The suits are meant to breathe.
    (BTW I still have the news paper article somwhere about this substance.)

Anton LaVey made me say it!
    Ghost of Charles Dickens
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast