Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 3:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, Micheal, but i was just over at www.aikiweb.com reading how deadly aikido is and why they can't fight anyone....GIVE ME A BREAK

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    i can do anuything as long as i am surrounded by twenty friends and the berimbau is playing my song
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 4:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, Micheal, but i was just over at www.aikiweb.com reading how deadly aikido is and why they can't fight anyone....GIVE ME A BREAK

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    i can do anuything as long as i am surrounded by twenty friends and the berimbau is playing my song
    There are definatley some Aikido jackasses over there but most I think are pretty normal and realistic about Aikido. The ones more grounded in reality are thos who crosstrain in BJJ, judo etc.

Karate Instructor

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 4:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kungfools, I hardly would call it "mystical abilities". LIke I said, it just so happens not to work very well on me. Just like I said earlier... nothing works on everyone. There will always be someone out there that is an exception.

Just like I said earlier, there are some things that work very well against me too... my example was Judo... a guy in my class also takes Judo, and enjoys tossing me around on the mat like the fresh catch of the day.

It is life my friend.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 9:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kungfools, I hardly would call it "mystical abilities". LIke I said, it just so happens not to work very well on me. Just like I said earlier... nothing works on everyone. There will always be someone out there that is an exception.
    PS. I sincerely doubt you've ever been hurt severely is why you can make such ludicrous claims. Nobody's invincible. Everybody can be hurt. Whether it's a leverage break or strike, you're in for a rude awakening when some future opponent is not impressed with your delusions of invincibility.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Karate Instructor

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 11:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did I ever say I was invincible? Absolutley not. I have no idea where you dreamed THAT up from. I said the locks in Akido are not very effective on me. Injuries in MA? I have had plenty... my point is simply this... not everything works on everyone... I have said it more than once in this post and I will say it yet another time for you... NOT EVERYTHING WORKS ON EVERYONE ALL THE TIME.

Taking a break

Posted On:
    7/15/2003 6:50am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess individuals like Wastrel's just wasting his time learning how to grapple in the event he ever runs into someone with your "mystical" abilities. (Laughs)
    Watrels gonna get his ass kicked by my mystical abilities in August.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Taking a break

Posted On:
    7/15/2003 9:27am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wastrel is coming over to the UK. we're supposed to be having a smackdown, but most of the UK bullshido members are based in the south and seem to have an aversion to traveling to the grim north.
    Know what the funny thing is? London is only 200 miles from Manchester.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2003 10:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mad Hatter, Kungfoolss,

I am also "double-jointed", and I find that it allows me a little extra room to escape from submissions/restraining holds. The trick to keeping your joints intact when you are double-jointed is to understand your limitations. One CANNOT resist joint breaks at high speed/power by being double-jointed. In fact, a common occurance is for extremely limber people to allow a hold to go very far, thinking they can resist, but when it is past the point of structural assistance from tendon and muscle, then accidental dislocation is often the result. I get around this, and use the double-jointedness to my advantage, by only using my "secret ability" as wiggle-room, to get out of holds, and otherwise keeping a firm stopping point on the flex of my joints in these situations. If one understands the strengths and limitaions of such a natural advantage, then there is nothing mystical about it.

Karate Instructor

Posted On:
    7/15/2003 12:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks a lot Fighty!!! Maybe another super flexible double-jointer coming out and saying something will help Kungfools understand that there that I am speaking of no "mystical ability" .
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678