7/11/2003 1:44pm

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where's the proof?

~
    danny

"That baby better watch his mouth. I rape kids like him as part of my warm-up for raping teenagers, grown men, and eventually charging rhinos." - Boyd

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 1:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where's the proof that you are not a homo?

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 1:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Those who don't should not be black belts.

I have yet to see a single BJJ blackbelt who can be beaten easily."

I don't want to start all this **** again, but a blackbelt means different things at different places, the rank in it's self is meaninglerss outside is own art.

I don't know about aikido rankings in general, but everyone knows that quality of the same art differs drastically from school to school.

You can't compare a BJJ blackbelt that can take up to 15 years to get is a generally considered to be the eqivalent of a PhD in that art, and compare it to a school where all a black belt means is the student learned all the base material and is ready to move on to real training. It's apples to oranges.

As far as aikido goes, at my college there was the MA Club which I ran and a separate Aikido Club which some other dude ran. We sometimes got together for demos and seminars.

The aikido guys were ready good using someone's momentum against them and some of them could take a snappy little strike like a back knuckle or jab and do something with it.

Not a big flashy throw, but enough to get you off balance and leave you open for a sweep or a simple push that landed you on your ass.

Like any good martial artist, I took that and tried to replicate it myself as well as learn how to defend against it.

As far as I can tell, aikido was never meant to be a truly effective mode of combat, more of a way to inner peace and all that, but the princples behind it are sound and applicable in certain situtations. You might not do the exact same movement or get the exact same result in a fight as in the dojo, but how is that different than any other martial art?

<marquee>Dragon , Snake , Tiger , Leopard , Crane. R.M.F.A.F.T.A.T.! </marquee>

Edited by - Punisher on July 11 2003 13:49:21

***ned

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 1:48pm

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, funny. Classic definition of a troll. He doesn't have any evidence or proof to back his ludicrous claims so he resorts to name calling. Well done.

~
    danny

"That baby better watch his mouth. I rape kids like him as part of my warm-up for raping teenagers, grown men, and eventually charging rhinos." - Boyd

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 1:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You were dominated because he was 6th dan.

Unless you are not a high level dan yourself, I am not surprised you were dominated.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123