Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 5:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been practing "external" MA for almost 15 years now, due to its efficiency in combat as well as good overall conditioning.

Yesterday a friend of mine took me to his Aikido class, mainly because I had told him many times before that, in my opinion, I didn't believe that Aikido was so fantastic as some people like to say it is. He told this to his teacher (6th dan Aikikai), who asked me if a would like to see a demonstration.

I was completely dominated by this guy.

As I tried to "blast in" to punch him, he would just start turning (I think they call it Tenkan) and suddendly would grab my arm and put me on a lock.

I am not a beginner and I really tried to hit him many times as fast as I could, but he simply didn't let me do it.

I still think Aikido is not all of that, but I have to confess this guy impressed me. I prefer to think he is one of those "1 in 1000" Aikido/Taiji guys who can fight.

I would like to hear your comments and opinions about Aikido.

"Create as a God, command as a King, work as a Slave"

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 5:53am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol

see thread

"Is Aikido effective" started by me
    i personally haven't sparred/beat on an akidoka yet but the stuff i've seen doesn't impress me

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    http://www.fightauthority.com/
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Marasmos

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 10:53am

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshit.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3
    You say what about my rice?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 11:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I prefer to believe that you fucking suck at fighting.

---------
    Shut up and train

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 11:13am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshit.
    I don't know if the Story is BS and just trying to starting start things up but I know some guys that are not New Age hippy, seeking inner enlightment, aikidokas that have worked over guys. I met a cop in OK that was a Tomiki Nidan and I watched him work over two guys at a gym. Then again he was in good shape and well conditioned.

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!!
    THE TRUE FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Marasmos

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 11:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Asia : I'm not saying that all aikidokas are useless. They're not, and I've seen some pretty competent fighters, as far as hobbyist martial artists (like myself) go.

What I'm saying is if a guy has 15 years of standup training, provided that the training is even remotely approaching realistic and he was at all serious about it, he will not be "completely dominated" by a pure aikidoka. That's bullshit, pure and simple.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 11:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, guys. I hate to be the newbie that gets everybody pissed off at him -- wait a minute, on second thought, who gives a **** -- I wonder how many of you nay sayers have ever seen good Aikido.

Here in Boulder, there is a dojo called the Boulder Akikai. The founder and head instructor was a student of Uyeshiba. I trained there for two months out of curiosity and got to see this guy in action. I'll admit, most of the black belts there could be beaten pretty easily, but the head instructor was one bad-ass dude. I've taken a couple of swings at him when he came over to teach me and my partner, and this guy was fricken powerful. There was little resisting him once he got ahold of you.

If you don't believe it, try kissing my ass.

Fighting Spirit is 90% of the battle. If you don't have it, you ain't **** -- regardless of what style you practice.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 11:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this is one of those messages:

Hi everyone, my name is Bob, and I have been traiing BJJ and mixed martial arts for the past 37 years. A while ago, though, I came across Joe **** and his Kick Yo Ass Do system, and asked to spar him. And let me tell you, he completely dominated my with his pattented Fuk U Up techniques. Don't waste your time doing realistic training, folks, Kik Yo Azz will get you much better results in only ten hours of intensive training.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 12:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am f*ckin tired of hearing all of this Aikido bashing which is based on very limited experience, pure ignorance. Who the f#ck care if you do not like Aikido and who the f&ck cares about you opinions on the subject when you have no experience with the subject to making such opinions.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 12:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You, my friend, need to chill.

Got prozac?

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3