Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 6:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where I got my information..and yes, the laws vary from state to state, is directly from a former Assistant Attorney General for the State of Montana (where I live) by the name of Chriss Tweeten, who has been a friend of mine since we were kids in grade school together. I see no reason to teach my students that ALSO live in MT, any laws in other states except for generalities.

He came into my class twice and lectured us on what the law allows, and does NOT allow in the realm of self-defense, and how judges and jurys view cases like these.

Now, since I ASSUME that Mr. Tweeten knows a wee bit more about the law than I do, and I assume you also, I take him at his word.

Also, I refuse to spar words with a foul mouthed individual (another assumption is you're a punk kid) regardless of being a "fellow martial artist" (which I suspect you have attained the high rank of yellow belt perhaps?), so as far as I'm concerned, my conversation with you is ended.

Peace

***ned

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 6:21pm

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then perhaps you should have made it clear that you were only speaking in terms of Montana's laws?

~
    danny

"That baby better watch his mouth. I rape kids like him as part of my warm-up for raping teenagers, grown men, and eventually charging rhinos." - Boyd

Marasmos

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 6:30pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Also, I refuse to spar words with a foul mouthed individual"

Very convenient.

But that's ok, I refuse to spar words with an individual who resorts to cheap excuses to back out of losing arguments. And in any case, this wasn't sparring - it was a once sided ass kicking. So there.

"another assumption is you're a punk kid"

Whatever you say, Tall Paul, whatever you say.

"fellow martial artist"

I'm not your fellow anything. I try to stay as far away from people like you as possible.

"which I suspect you have attained the high rank of yellow belt perhaps"

You are correct. I have, at one point, attained the high rank of yellow belt.

"my conversation with you is ended"

In case you haven't noticed, and I'd be surprised if you have, I gave up conversing with you a long time ago. The likes of you wouldn't know reason and logic if it came up behind you and bit you in the ass. Trying to convince you of anything is a waste of time and energy. My posts, much like this one, are more for the benefit of the rest of the people who post and lurk on this forum, to make sure they are not bamboozeled by your misinformation.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3
    You say what about my rice?

Rolls With Sweaty Men!

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 11:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should have said you were referring to the laws of that state alone, and your information is questionable. Perhaps your friend briefed you correctly... and something was lost in the translation... but your claims of body size being a factor are BS. Just to make sure, I sent my old man an e-mail, a lawyer who has argued in front of the Supreme Court, and he agreed. Admittedly though, he has no specific familiarity with Montana law. Just be careful of talking with authority TaulPaul... its a dangerous position to hold.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 2:17pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    never get into a fight in a place you like to go

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    i can do anuything as long as i am surrounded by twenty friends and the berimbau is playing my song
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 2:21pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey shortpeter, every state has built into it a juris prudence. this means the judge looks at cases and makes a decision based upon them. this is what separates our common law from code law. that being said, you may get convicted even if you did not start the fight, but hey, most people don't go to prison for long and i am not going to lose an eye wondering whether or not i should hit this guy coming towards me...

as far as foul mouthed. GROW UP.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    i can do anuything as long as i am surrounded by twenty friends and the berimbau is playing my song
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345