Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: GKR Karate

Style
    na
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

GKR Karate

They're all class this mob. lol
    Now they want you to pay $40 a year to join there website www.gkrkarate.com :(

They even have an online shop.

Gold Badge Pendant
    AU$95.00
    Wear a piece of GKR close to your heart everyday with our 9 crt gold pendant, featuring the club badge with a black enamel infill on a gold chain.

9ct Gold SENSEI Ring
    AU$295.00
    Show how proud you are to be a GKR Sensei by wearing our 9ct gold GKR Sensei ring. Featuring the marking ‘Sensei’ down the side and a club badge with black infill.

GKR Edge Cap
    AU$19.50
    Get the ‘GKR Edge’ with an embroidered GKR kanji logo to the front of a 6 panel heavy brushed cotton baseball cap.

Kid's AWOL Block Tee
    AU$24.95
    Energy, Spirit, Focus & Development – a GKR Way of Life, and we’re celebrating it here on our kids 2 tone sky/navy tee in 100% cotton.
    Full thread here http://www.gokanryu.info/forum/showthread.php?t=5780

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    holy **** i want a sensei ring

Style
    shotokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This has been discussed here before - if you search for Go Kan Ryu you'll find it.

It's a commercial organisation - they're there to make money, not teach any kind of MA effectively. My take on this (and I've been to a couple of local classes - like a total dumbass) is that they don't correct poor stances/techniques because if you make it hard for little kids they won't come back, and that's their target audience - little kids who want to be able to say "I do Karate" in the playground.

The fact that their ring is 9ct gold says it all. I don't think you can legally call that gold in some countries.

Style
    shotokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alex, if you give me $295 I'll make you a sensei ring

*hunts around for some scraps of tinfoil and gold paint*

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM Join us... or die
    Style
    Fucking Prost
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man! Visions of a bad chopsocki film . . . The Quest . . . for the Sensei Ring!!

Ring of the Sensei!!

--J.D.
    Why yes, I still have sand in my vagina! It is because I am a lying cowardly child who got buttfucked by MEANIE Doctor X! I also do not know the Latin and it makes me cry!!--Phrost

Style
    Savate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sokeship of the Ring? Two Dojos....Return of the Kim?:eusa_booh

Style
    Street Fighting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I joined GKR and thought it was far better than any other martial art in the world. Because our Soke is God’s better looking brotherinlaw and he has the certificate to prove it.

No but seriously I did join a while ago, I received my 9th kyu for just going to the lessons. And graded for my 8th.
    The grading was more like a moony mass wedding than a grading. I saw the Sensei’s wife signing the grading certificates before we had even finished it. And there was a 7th kyu grading for her 6th, that couldn’t even kick correctly. Guess what? She passed as well.

There were five Mcdojos present that’s “Sensei’s” were all Black/White belts. And the chief instructor was only a first Dan.

I have two friends that have just joined, I don’t go anymore. And I’ve tried to tell them what it’s about. One of them has said that he’s going to stop the bank transaction from going through.
    The other one however, hasn’t got a clue about MA and sees nothing wrong with it. As far as she’s concerned, Karate’s Karate. And as she’s paid her money, she doesn’t want to not see it through.
    As a last ditch attempt to make he see reason, I had a spar with her, and knocked her around a playing field for an hour.
    Mind you it wasn’t all bad as every time the spar went to the ground, so I had a load of fun getting her into all sorts of pins and arm locks. (Sniggers)

Her defence was “But I’m only a white belt” looks like I’m going to have to give her a good seeing to after each of her gradings, until she realises that when she gets to black/white belt. (Which will probably be in a month or so lol) that she’s still getting beat by a guy who can’t walk more than 40 feet without having to stop from the pain.
    Gotta love co-codimol. I can’t spell it, I know.

Style
    KARATE/KICK BOXING
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I`m sorry but you seem like a bit of a perv.

Style
    Street Fighting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by prob
    I`m sorry but you seem like a bit of a perv.
    You obviously don't know me. I'm not a bit of a perv, I'm one hell of a perv. ask anyone that knows me. But that's got nothing to do with this thread.
    My point was that all the while my friend keeps going to GKR, she'll keep losing. If she went to a dojo that could actually teach her something useful, then in time she'd be able to fight.

Style
    white boy jiujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey, you wanna stick with the white font on black background? or would you prefer to be anally raped with a pinapple?

anyway, for crossreference, same exact thread
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...ad.php?t=57649

Page 1 of 3 123 Last