Ghost of Charles Dickens

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    7/11/2003 1:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nobody seems to hate Muslims more than Other Muslims. Beautiful religion. Much closer to Judaism and Christianity than most people know. They believe Christ was a prophet and accept the Bible as a holy book. They believe in all the Jewish prophets in addition to the Christian teachings. They just believe that Mohammed was the most recent prophet and that the Koran was the final word. If there are conflicts between the Koran and the Bible they claim the Bible has been mis-transcribed throught the years. They believe they are descendants of Abraham.

All this Muslim against Muslim fighting is like Catholics and Protestants or some midieval war between some other two sects of Christianity.

China has several Muslim arts. Piguaquan and Tongbeiquan being notable. A lot of people think Baji is a muslim art because many of the most famous teachers are Hui (a Chinese muslim minority), but if you go back farther you find that Baji is Wudang.

BAH ! Puny Humans !
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 10:28am

Style: EC, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have good and bad in any religion or race.

"They are not proper Muslims", could simply mean that they are not following the tenants of their faith. Or that they are acting against the tenants of their faith.

I don't believe in the mystic arts that they are claiming to have. I would have thought the Muslims of south East asia are bad ass enough without the need for "hocos pocas". Wasn't the .45 developed to take them down?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 10:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wait a minute. isn't mneal an aikidoka and he's calling something else a cult?

pot to kettle: black.

hehehe flame on bitches.

---------
    Shut up and train

X

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 10:35am

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a 100% atheist, but of course any sensible religion says that crazy killers aren't a real part of it... Aren't there a couple of 'christian' psycho killers in American prisons... I'm sure they are great presentatives of their religion too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 10:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The way the guy's posing on that site that was mentioned in this thread, is typical for Pencak Silat.

As for Muslims ... they still believe that the intire Koran was written in Arab. That's not true and as such, there's some translating errors.

Muslims aren't bad people. Under educated, indoctrinated muslims are bad people.

Simps

X

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 10:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "That's not true and as such, there's some translating errors."

I'm not going to go any further from this, but there's a zillion mistranslations in the versions of the bible most people read. Not to mention the different ways everything can ben interpreted anyway. And I'm not going to give my opinion about the value of the original either...

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 10:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Simps may have meant tranSCRIBING errors. Having done a bit of translation my self I'm really hesitant to call anything a mistranslation. Just poorly translated, but tere's often just so many choices to be made (get the rythm, the precise meaning, the emotional content, the poetry) that I have a hard time calling most translations flat out wrong.

...the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders...tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

X

Posted On:
    7/16/2003 10:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a Finnish/English/Finnish translator, actually ;) ...

So yeah. It is possible to mistranslate things, though, but from texts as old as the Bible or the Quoran it's impossible to say anyway, because it's debatable what even is the original version. And of course most biblical stories don't originate from the bible either, but I guess this is rapidly steering away from the topic...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12